NEurope

I think it's pretty unanimous that they have one of the best services around, their speed is unbelievable.

Anyways, I got a new card recently. And they simply won't add it. With trying to add a new card it deleted my old one and thus all of my preorders. It simply won't let me add the card - "not enough authentication" even though I've spoken to Barclays, no problem, and it works everywhere else I've tried using the card.

I've spoke with them and they seem a little clueless. It's annoying as the only way around is to use a different card - don't want to do that, or use paypal, which I have to agree to every time and pay instantly, so can't preorder in advance without paying for it, also, you can't use your money you've earned on paypal payments...

Just wondered if anyone here had the same problem, or if anyone has any ideas!

I've had a ShopTo account for a while now, not that I've actually had much reason to use it recently, but for ages it was impossible for me to add a form of payment to my account. There didn't seem to be any particular reason why, but it was very frustrating. After months without success, I randomly tried it again one day with my card and it worked :smile:

I have no idea why it suddently worked, but I just wanted to let you know that I have experienced problems there too :heh:

Haha. Actually got it sorted; my address had to be written in a painfully specific way! Weird. Still can't believe it worked. Got over excited and preordered about 10 3DS games and ordered Xenoblade :)

Didn't I see someone else say recently that ShopTo are all well and good until it actually comes to a problem?

They've been fantastic so far for me though mind, so whatevs.

Yeah they're extremely fast at delivery and the prices are competitive, but that's it, and it seems to give people the impression that it's an outstanding overall service.

The website is awful, even after the rehaul, the account management is poor and I too had problems for ages adding payment options to it. I also hate the way you essentially have a one-click pre-order with no payment info, then they just charge your default card without authentication whenever they feel like it.

And yet I, along with most people, can forgive all that for the sheer speed in which you get a game you really can't wait to play... and they know it :p

Awful website, great service and prices. Some forum members are quite outspoken about how wrong things have gone using ShopTo in the past.

To me ShopTo are like the spiritual successor to Gameplay, was that their name? Bad website, great service back then too. That website kind of pioneered the "get a game a day early" thing, then GAME bought them out and closed the website down. I remember speaking to a member of the staff on the phone called Fox and discussing how great his name was.

I said it was cool because of Mulder, he said it was cool because of McCloud. Great guy.

Gameplay yeah, they were amazing. Started out life as yellow ad pages inside magazines, discounts were phenomenal. They were the first retailer to stomp on the high street retail prices.

Gameplay were sooooo awesome, i still resent GAMES underhand tactic of buying the better company and shutting them down

Shopto are amazing, but the website is terrible, i used to have so much trouble logging in, and then things are in strange layouts all over the place, but overall they are the best around (until GAME buy them...)

Gameplay actually ran the GAME and Gamestation online services from 2004 and I had excellent service from them on all three sites. Really they've only been shut down in name. It was pointless to have three shops all doing the same thing (hello The Hut group!).

With ShopTo they once removed money from my account without prior authorisation and when I contacted their service helpline they didn't want to know about it. I have, however, started to use them again very recently. I really don't like their policy of one click pre-ordering. That needs to be more secure. I'm also not overly impressed with how their T&Cs say that if you pay for an item up front they will only ever refund you with credit.

Gameplay yeah, they were amazing. Started out life as yellow ad pages inside magazines, discounts were phenomenal. They were the first retailer to stomp on the high street retail prices.

Awww yeaahhhh. Remember them, and special reserve(who gave reddies with each purchase, 5 for a free gift iirc). Them were the good ol' days.

I always wondered why ShopTo looks so bad, when I first found it I felt it was a bit of a hackjob and worried whether I'd actually get my games from them or not - it looks better now but still just doesn't seem as slick as most sites.

I did see this week I had a mystery £3 credit in my account - I used it without concern but I really wondered where it had come from. I've looked everywhere and found no way to find out how/where/why it's there!

(no, it isn't my reward points)

I did see this week I had a mystery £3 credit in my account - I used it without concern but I really wondered where it had come from. I've looked everywhere and found no way to find out how/where/why it's there!

Be careful with that. That's how I ended up falling out with them. I spent credit I had on my account and then a few weeks later they debited my card without mentioning it to me.

Be careful with that. That's how I ended up falling out with them. I spent credit I had on my account and then a few weeks later they debited my card without mentioning it to me.

Yeah atm I need to keep an eye cos I keep using points and stuff for purchases, and losing track of exactly how much I should be getting charged on my card.

I don't understand the problem with one click preordering. I think it's great. What would you prefer to do? Isn't the point you preorder then they take the money and ship it early?

It just happens too quickly, I'm expecting to go to a confirmation page and select an address, but nope, just "your pre-order is made". What am I paying for it with? When? Where's it going? Never actually tells you.

@Rummy did you get a game late? I think they give £3 credit if they don't get you a pre-order for launch date.

Shopto's preorder system is confusing at first. Made multiple Skyward Sword orders when I first used them because I expected it to appear in the basket and when it didn't I tried it again. Later found it in the preorders section.

Works great when it works, but I can see it being a problem if you need to use different card/address details.

It just happens too quickly, I'm expecting to go to a confirmation page and select an address, but nope, just "your pre-order is made". What am I paying for it with? When? Where's it going? Never actually tells you.

@Rummy did you get a game late? I think they give £3 credit if they don't get you a pre-order for launch date.

Actually now that you mention it, I think I recall seeing them list Paper Mario as a date before when it was actually out - because I considered at the time what's to stop lots of people pre-ordering, waiting for the date/it not releasing, then cancelling and keeping the credit? So yeah, it might have been that. I kinda agree on the swiftness of pre-orders, but then I'm used to it now and not too worried.

Just gonna add some more love for Gameplay. Great prices, and they always seemed to have those older, rarer titles than Game and everyone else never had.

They were a godsend to Dreamcast owners.

Awww yeaahhhh. Remember them, and special reserve(who gave reddies with each purchase, 5 for a free gift iirc). Them were the good ol' days.

Special Reserve were great too, if I remember rightly they had a one time membership fee with a free game, I got Turok Rage Wars.

I used to use ShopTo extensively - to the point where I had around £2000 worth of pre-orders sat on my account.

The downside of moving to Australia is not only the ridiculous price of games, but trying to find a decent online retailer. Although Ozgameshop seems like a decent alternative. I doubt the delivery will be the same though considering the country is the size of Europe.

Quick question.

Ordered Lego City Undercover for my 3ds on Wednesday night. Totally forgot about it until I saw an advert in a magazine that I was flicking through this evening then realised - where the bloody hell is my parcel?!

Normally with ShopTo, if you order before 5 doesn't it come the next working day?

I did choose just the standard free delivery, and I'm not arsed it didn't turn up as only bought it to get Animal Crossing free from the 'too many games offer', but just wondered whether something had changed since I last used them as I haven't bought anything from them in ages. Normally they're top notch. ::shrug:

Did you check the website to see if it had been dispatched yet?

Yeah I had an email at ten to 11 on the wednesday night I placed my order with a pic of the parcel / jiffy.

That's just why I find it so strange it didn't arrive.

Saying that, it's probably Royal Mail who quite frankly have been utter wank as of late with parcels / items in my area. Just ask @Mike1988uk !

I love your pokemon

:p

Me too. Starmie rules right?!

And its jewel flashes! FLASHES!! :grin:

Saying that, it's probably Royal Mail who quite frankly have been utter wank as of late with parcels / items in my area. Just ask @Mike1988uk !

Indeed! <blooding boiling> :mad:

Went back sorting office yesterday morning and it isn't there... (2nd visit)

Basically for anyone wondering I ordered the mario figurine you get from the Nintendo VIP points thing off ebay. It was sent on the 13th 2nd class recorded delivery...

IT HAS NEVER ARRIVED. Trace and trace just says 'It is in our network for delivery'. :nono:

Shit RM.

Regarding my ShopTo parcel - it arrived this morning. I thought it would, but not as timely as they normally are.