NEurope
Serebii

Batman: Arkham Origins

I'm planning on this one too, but I haven't played Arkham City yet. It's sitting there on my shelf, I just don't have time to play it. Maybe After I beat New Super Luigi U, then it could be a good time.

I'm planning on this one too, but I haven't played Arkham City yet. It's sitting there on my shelf, I just don't have time to play it. Maybe After I beat New Super Luigi U, then it could be a good time.

See, what I would have done is play Arkham City first, then Luigi, then get Origins. I worry that City and Origins will be quite similar, so I want a sufficient break between the two.

THE WONDERFUUUUL ONE OH ONEEEE.

There's that one too. There's no way I'll play City and Origins after successively. There's at least Das Wonderbaum 101 in between, and god knows what more.

It still looks awesome but I wish they would stop showing all the bad guys.

Also, seems like they take some (a lot of) inspiration from the Knightfall-storyline. Not bad but hopefully we won't be playing as Azrael.

Although Batman: Arkham Origins for the Wii U will not be receiving the online multiplayer mode provided to its Xbox 360 and PS3 brethren, the omission does seem to be reflected in a lower price point.

Kotaku reports that a $50 price for the Wii U version has been confirmed with a representative of publisher Warner Brothers Interactive. The other console versions will be going for $60.

The Wii U Arkham Origins will offer the same single-player campaign found in other versions as well as a season pass granting access to DLC add-ons.

Hopefully we will see this discount over here as well.

Personally I welcome this kind of thing. A game like this doesn't need an online mode slapped on, so not including it but offering a cheaper price is a great deal.

I know Amazon have the PS3 and 360 versions for £30 preorder so if the Wii U one is cheaper than that then it will be a fantastic price.

I don't think they'll price the Wii U version lower than £30. They'll raise the price of the other versions first and then probably lower the Wii U to £30 if Europe does get the price drop.

Looks like the Wii U and 3DS versions have been delayed by 2 weeks, to November 8th.

Game, ShopTo and Amazon have changed the date over the last few days.

So that's no online multiplayer, a higher R.R.P in Europe than in America, and a 2 week delay for the Wii U version ....

Looks like the Wii U and 3DS versions have been delayed by 2 weeks, to November 8th.

Game, ShopTo and Amazon have changed the date over the last few days.

So that's no online multiplayer, a higher R.R.P in Europe than in America, and a 2 week delay for the Wii U version ....

And yet I'll still buy it! (But maybe wait until it's ~£20)

So yeah, here's more on the delay.

It seems to be only affecting Europe, as North American release dates remain unaffected. 3DS game is delayed by one week, and Wii U game by two weeks. It seems like the PC version is also delayed in Europe.

Seems like something fishy is going on at WB. Maybe I'll find this one at a bargain bin later. Don't have time for it now.

What a weird delay. It doesn't really bother me as I'm getting both games on the 360 and Vita but damn. If they're ready and releasing in the States, whats the reason for the two week delay?

Getting some pretty 'meh' reviews (for a Arkham game) on the PS3 and 360. Not seen any Wii U ones yet. Interesting...

Getting some pretty 'meh' reviews (for a Arkham game) on the PS3 and 360.

Seems to be very "more of the same" at the minute.

The are some very positive player impressions of this going around; some even claiming it's the best in the series, which I'm trying to weigh against the middling press reviews.

It also seems the Wii U version is the most polished on consoles, with no framerate trouble or screen tearing. Shame the gamepad functionality from Armoured Edition has been scaled back though.

The are some very positive player impressions of this going around; some even claiming it's the best in the series, which I'm trying to weigh against the middling press reviews.

It also seems the Wii U version is the most polished on consoles, with no framerate trouble or screen tearing. Shame the gamepad functionality from Armoured Edition has been scaled back though.

The problem with press reviews is that often the press are looking for the moon on a stick.

I absolutely loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Personally I just wanted more with Arkham Origins.

However the press seem to be savaging it simply because it doesn't reinvent itself. Personally, I don't think a series needs to reinvent itself with every sequel. Sometimes something that is so right just needs expanding on and growing in terms of size and scope - with Origins does for the series.

Shame the gamepad functionality from Armoured Edition has been scaled back though.

What? Scaled back how? Why would they do that?

What? Scaled back how? Why would they do that?

Time investment =/= pay-off?

Come on dazzy, you know this but stop expecting publishers to invest lots of development money in something that they don't think will do good figures.

How...?

As long as the keep the real-time map, and access to menus I'll be happy. They can get rid of Baterang-view/motion for all I care.

From what I gather via Gaf the map is still there, but that's about it. I assume the inventory is still accessible.. otherwise that's really disappointing. Things like the decryption have to be done the standard way now.

Time investment =/= pay-off?

Come on dazzy, you know this but stop expecting publishers to invest lots of development money in something that they don't think will do good figures.

Is it really expecting too much for the arkham city gamepad features to be put in the prequel? As long as the useful stuff is still in I don't care. Would like to know what exactly is and isn't in though.

Is it really expecting too much for the arkham city gamepad features to be put in the prequel? As long as the useful stuff is still in I don't care. Would like to know what exactly is and isn't in though.

Like I said, whether it's expecting too much is entirely based on how they think it will sell.

So it's used as a map display only. No inventory, weapons, progress, upgrades, character bios. To set waypoints or summon the Batwing you have to go to the pause screen. That's a pretty big step back for me.