NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Guacamelee! (PSN)

Bitches, stop being so melodramatic.

Everybody knows that Sonic is the greatest of all time, anyway.

*runs*

Didn't say he was entitled to his opinion. But am I not allowed mine?

Shit. Sorry. We're on other boards... Different rules, keep forgetting, won't happen again...

Well at least you know now.

I think you need to get over this us and them mentality.

Edited by Retro_Link

Didn't say he was entitled to his opinion. But am I not allowed mine?

Shit. Sorry. We're on other boards... Different rules, keep forgetting, won't happen again...

Of course you bloody well aren't! We'll get someone along to delete your posts for being too negative shortly ;)

I have owned this on Steam for ages, as is often the case with Steam, but I cracked into it for a bit last week and ended up playing for I think shy of two hours - whilst I'd already heard lots and expected it to be good I kinda thought I'd go in overhyped but I was pleasantly surprised, some good humour and some very nice nods in just the little bits I've played so far, with some very solid gameplay to go with it too. Keen to finish up soon knowing it isn't too big/long a game(how long is it btw?) but I struggle to find the time for a good sit down with Steam sometimes.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever ever heard. Probably literally. I like this game. A lot. But that is mental. It's like saying transformers is better than citizen Kane....

A better comparison would be to compare another critically acclaimed film to Citizen Kane, like Taxi Driver for example. Unless you think Transformers is a masterpiece...

A better comparison would be to compare another critically acclaimed film to Citizen Kane, like Taxi Driver for example. Unless you think Transformers is a masterpiece...

Haha. Maybe that's right. But I wouldn't say guacamelee is even close to taxi driver. It's just beyond ridiculous I can't believe someone said it... It wasn't just preferring G, it was at the same time slagging M... Painful!

Edited by dazzybee

Mymymy, El Infierno is indeed hell :blank: At least the fighting challenges...

Ah well, I think I'll finish the story first.

I have this untouched on my Vita, is it worth skipping straight to this new version instead? Is there much difference?

Edited by Map

I have this untouched on my Vita, is it worth skipping straight to this new version instead? Is there much difference?

If the offer to upgrade your version for 3.59€ is still available I'd say: go for it.

It adds some challenge rooms, costumes, two levels/areas, new powers. For that price, you can't go wrong.

Edit: Play Resogun some more! :p

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever ever heard. Probably literally. I like this game. A lot. But that is mental. It's like saying transformers is better than citizen Kane....

Personally I would rather watch Transformers over Citizen Kane. It's much more fun. :D

Personally I would rather watch Transformers over Citizen Kane. It's much more fun. :D

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Probably literally. I like this movie. A lot. But that is mental. It's like saying Guacamelee! is better than Mario.

Wait...

:p

If the offer to upgrade your version for 3.59€ is still available I'd say: go for it.

It adds some challenge rooms, costumes, two levels/areas, new powers. For that price, you can't go wrong.

Cheers, got it for £3.29, downloading..

Edit: Play Resogun some more! :p

Been playing AC 4 this week, will get back to Resogun though, scores to beat....I wish!

Well that is daggers to my ears... But you wouldn't be so ignorant to say transformers is more creative or a more accomplished film than citizen Kane. Or not acknowledge that citizen Kane changed cinema forever like mario did for gaming...

I did say preference is one thing. But to say it's more creative than any mario is frighteningly ignorant and a complete disregard to the history of the medium we love.

Well that is daggers to my ears... But you wouldn't be so ignorant to say transformers is more creative or a more accomplished film than citizen Kane. Or not acknowledge that citizen Kane changed cinema forever like mario did for gaming...

I did say preference is one thing. But to say it's more creative than any mario is frighteningly ignorant and a complete disregard to the history of the medium we love.

I'm going to completely disagree with you there. You're using flawed logic. Yes, Citizen Kane changed cinema, but lots of films have also changed it in several ways. Star Wars, for example. Jurassic Park. ET. Alien. Cinema has constantly evolved. Just like gaming has constantly evolved. Many people prefer The Empire Strikes Back to A New Hope and it probably is a better film overall, despite the fact that Star Wars/A New Hope was the one that kicked it all off.

Let's look at my example of Star Wars. Fantastic what it has done in the past. It didn't just change the film industry, it affected media, the way that we perceive space travel, how we use technology, advertising, comics, gaming, etc. Is Star Wars as influential now as it once was? Hell no. Just because it was the cornerstone in the 1970s doesn't mean it has to be the most creative thing out there today, right now. It's still a great piece of work and to some it is the best thing or most wondrous thing that they've seen. You're almost comparing two different things; one is where it has had an impact in its field or industry and the other is whether or not it is the very best in its field. Citizen Kane has had a massive impact on film, but you'll be hard pressed to find many people that will argue that it is the best in its field for reasons other than it being a "game changer". (I'm colouring this blue to refer to this later)

The mechanics of gaming have changed in lots of ways. Platformers today are different to the platformers that we were playing in the SNES era...At least, I hope so. If not, what's the point in having better technology and better consoles, or more skilled developers if the actual end product isn't better than what there was 20 or so years ago? Isn't that why games such as Rayman Origins and Legends have seen so much acclaim, because the technology is better, the developers have learned from those that came before them and there are just more tools at their disposal today than there were years ago. Seems pretty obvious to me.

So yes, whilst it is important to appreciate what Mario has done, it shouldn't be sacrilegious to say that other games can outdo Mario or even Nintendo in that department. To a lot of people, some of these games have bested Nintendo's efforts. All down to how they perceive it really and what creativity means to them. I found Rayman Origins more enjoyable and creative than New Super Mario Bros. Wii, for example. That's all part of the fun, we want better experiences, otherwise just what is the point if nothing is going to be better than Citizen Kane anyway...a film that came out in 1941. Super Mario Bros. is seen by many as a game changer. Is it still the best in its field? In my opinion, no...Super Mario Galaxy came along and improved on it. In my opinion. (this part follows on from what I was saying in the blue part up above)

There are probably loads of typos and mistakes in this. But, as you can see by the time, it's quite late. I hope it makes sense. Goodnight, brahs.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Beat the final boss. Man it took me some time to understand how to beat him without getting hit every 3 seconds :D

Great boss fight!

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. On normal it has pretty much the perfect difficulty.

Gonna get all the collectibles and get the remaining trophies except the "beat the game on hard" trophy.

The latter I'll get sometime later as there is Tomb Raider still to play :)

Better than Mario

I'm going to completely disagree with you there. You're using flawed logic. Yes, Citizen Kane changed cinema, but lots of films have also changed it in several ways. Star Wars, for example. Jurassic Park. ET. Alien. Cinema has constantly evolved. Just like gaming has constantly evolved. Many people prefer The Empire Strikes Back to A New Hope and it probably is a better film overall, despite the fact that Star Wars/A New Hope was the one that kicked it all off.

Let's look at my example of Star Wars. Fantastic what it has done in the past. It didn't just change the film industry, it affected media, the way that we perceive space travel, how we use technology, advertising, comics, gaming, etc. Is Star Wars as influential now as it once was? Hell no. Just because it was the cornerstone in the 1970s doesn't mean it has to be the most creative thing out there today, right now. It's still a great piece of work and to some it is the best thing or most wondrous thing that they've seen. You're almost comparing two different things; one is where it has had an impact in its field or industry and the other is whether or not it is the very best in its field. Citizen Kane has had a massive impact on film, but you'll be hard pressed to find many people that will argue that it is the best in its field for reasons other than it being a "game changer". (I'm colouring this blue to refer to this later)

The mechanics of gaming have changed in lots of ways. Platformers today are different to the platformers that we were playing in the SNES era...At least, I hope so. If not, what's the point in having better technology and better consoles, or more skilled developers if the actual end product isn't better than what there was 20 or so years ago? Isn't that why games such as Rayman Origins and Legends have seen so much acclaim, because the technology is better, the developers have learned from those that came before them and there are just more tools at their disposal today than there were years ago. Seems pretty obvious to me.

So yes, whilst it is important to appreciate what Mario has done, it shouldn't be sacrilegious to say that other games can outdo Mario or even Nintendo in that department. To a lot of people, some of these games have bested Nintendo's efforts. All down to how they perceive it really and what creativity means to them. I found Rayman Origins more enjoyable and creative than New Super Mario Bros. Wii, for example. That's all part of the fun, we want better experiences, otherwise just what is the point if nothing is going to be better than Citizen Kane anyway...a film that came out in 1941. Super Mario Bros. is seen by many as a game changer. Is it still the best in its field? In my opinion, no...Super Mario Galaxy came along and improved on it. In my opinion. (this part follows on from what I was saying in the blue part up above)

There are probably loads of typos and mistakes in this. But, as you can see by the time, it's quite late. I hope it makes sense. Goodnight, brahs.

I don't see how it's flawed logic, yes many films have changed cinema, so have many games, I wasn't implying just mario has. I just said Cirizen Kane as the first example that came into my head (mainly because it was such an early film), I don't understand how this defeats my point. It supports it. Just because say lotr or even avatar (sick in my mouth) have advanced visual effects, you don't have to slag off Jurassic Park because of it... Doesn't make sense.

Your second para. But this isn't the main issue, he prefers guacamelee than mario 3d world or mario U, fine... (Utterly mental and I'd doubt if he'd actually played 3d world but fine (plus completely different genres), I'd probably even agree it's more creative than mario U (though mario u destroys it for level design and control)) But to say it's more creative than "any mario", THAT is what is beyond preposterous. You're arguing about something entirely different. You say I'm confusing advancing the industry and which is better... No I'm not, not even mentioned it. You're confusing the points.

And the same for the rest, you're arguing about something different. All interesting though. Actualy discussions don't happen as much around here any more :)

Though I will say Rayman could have easily been done generations ago, it's got critical acclaim because the art style is great, the level design and variety is brilliant and it controls tightly. I don't think it shows that with modern tech you get better games

And about citizen Kane. Of course people still see it as one of the greatest films ever made. And it always will be. Because art is timeless.

Edited by dazzybee

Sign in to follow this