NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bryanee

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

This is abit of a weird one.

fc31qytj.gif

boxartlgwcpya.jpg

bannerwlpqi.png

A website for it, people have found music on there and by using the famous Konami code they found this image.

screenxfk4d.gif

Music

http://fc3blooddragon.uk.ubi.com/power-core.html

http://fc3blooddragon.uk.ubi.com/sloan-assault.html

------------------------------------------

The greatest April fools ever or quite possibly the best game related thing ever? It looks like its going to be some stand alone dlc much like Infamous: Festival of Blood.

The images and music are fucking brilliant.

Bwahahaha the site is amazing, check out the shop.

I don't think they could have made that trailer look more 80s if they tried - awesome!!

80s sci-fi really screwed us over though. I mean, we were promised so many snazzy gadgets and yet were are they all? Then again, even when showing us the supposed future, everyone still used cassette tapes and ticker tape printers so at least we moved past those. Plus we still get sunlight too - that was always oddly lacking in 80s sci-fi.

Looks cool anyway and that music you linked to Bryanee is fantastic.

Holy shit, Michael Fucking Biehn

Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80’s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry® 3.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Far-Cry-3-Blood-Dragon/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584113bf

New video, other got taken down.

Edited by bryanee

This is just amazing! :D

The music, The retro'ness, the humour, the cliché's... the fact it opens with a knowing 'just shoot because you can' helicopter intro :p

'Press A... to demonstrate your ability to read' :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Hang on, is this a thing? I saw this thread on April Fools Day and dismissed it after that. But people kept posting in it so i got curious. Is it real?

Yes its real and out May 1st on XBLA, PSN and Steam. You don't need the original Far Cry 3 to play it either.

I would like somebody to explain why every shooter ever doesn't already look like that. I've waited so bastard long for a decent laser battle game.

Well the reviews are out. Eurogamer gave it a 9. IGN 8 and I'm sure you can metacritic the rest. Instabuy.

How much is it? I think I have around £15 or so of PSN credit.

£11.99 and there's a 20% discount with Plus.

This is sooo good. The music is great, I was just shooting up some guards when some great music kicked in and whilst I was listening to it a Blood Dragon came out of fucking nowhere and tore me a new one.

How much is it? I think I have around £15 or so of PSN credit.

£9.96 if you have plus.

This game is bloody brilliant! I'm having a ton of fun with it. The parody aspect is hilarious, I haven't laughed this hard whilst playing a game in ages. The gameplay is damn good too (although I never played Far Cry 3... I need to get round to that at some point.)

Oh, and good news everyone! Micheal Biehn has pretty much confirmed a potential Blood Dragon sequel: http://invalidopinions.com/2013/05/05/michael-biehn-confirms-potential-blood-dragon-sequel/

Despite Ubisoft being cautious about this project at first, it has pleasantly surprised almost everyone including those very higher ups because according to Michael Biehn the sales of Blood Dragon have exceeded FIVE times the initial expectations of Ubisoft.

:grin:

I've only played a little so far, just the first mission, but it's certainly a lot of fun. I was kind susprised how big the map looks too given the relatively small file size so it looks like there is a fair bit to explore unless it's a bit deceptive. I just hope playing this doesn't ruin FC3 for me when I get round to playing it - I have it in my account but haven't got round to actually downloading it yet.

I was trying to play all stealthy like but it didn't last long until it turned into a giant fire fight with neon colours everywhere. I need to try and break my FPS habit of relying solely on the pistol too as I was using that and my knife to take down those amoured guys and they can take a fair bit more punishment than the regular drones.

Wish I could play it more, it's really good.

But currently I struggle to play a game for more than 30 minutes a day. No idea why -.-

Holy balls, this has everything I could of wanted. That final fucking missions man. God damn if this isn't brilliant.

Sign in to follow this