NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
liger05

The Wii U Won't Be Getting Unreal Engine 4

What, that positives are in fact negatives?

It is fucking ridiculous the amount of times on this site you feel obliged to explain yourself as not being a fanboy. Questioning truth and reason out of people or what journalists write if it's against Nintendo, the same grubs come crawling out the 'other consoles' section and weild their Almighty multi console owners judgment mallet and proceed to cherry pick the fuck out of a single post and spin until their narrow minds find a way turn 'just a silly little fanboy' into a few paragraphs. Fuck. That.

If these people spent more time in the Nintendo section on a **Nintendo** site, then they might be more familiar with mine and other's, posts.

Positives are positives and with the Wii U at the minute they need to start somewhere. Right? We can talk numbers and momentum when when those figures are available.

I am very sorry that I upset you. I'll take back what I said.

You are not a Nintendo fanboy.

Obviously all these people that keep accusing you of being one are completely misinterpreting the words that you write. Having to constantly refute the claim that you're a Nintendo fanboy must be tough. I once knew a guy whom women would claim that he was a sexual predator, but he reasoned with me and explained that "he was only admiring the curvature of the woman's bottom as it reminded him of the balloons his late father would sell", and I saw the sense in his reasoning.

I genuinely do think that before people throw out accusations against others, they should read through each persons post count to get a much fairer assessment of what that person is trying to say.

Luigi's Mansion, LEGO City: Undercover and Monster Hunter 3 Tri Super Unlimited HD Remix Edition.

Ok, and what is being suggested is that this should be reported on.. that they are good games? Is that what the gaming press is required to do? Is that not the job of games advertising and the reviews?

Edited by Tissue Town

Lots of responses.

I'll just reply to this briefly, since it really is derailing the thread.

I was just stating my experience with regards to fanboyism and defending Nintendo. I didn't ask or assume anything there. I also wouldn't really say all accusations are unfounded. You can accuse someone of something with some foundation of evidence, right? I'm not sure, maybe I have the meanings wrong.

Regarding the stalking thing, I was just bringing your attention to how your post read to me and how it could have looked to others. I wasn't intending to insult or offend you with the stalking comment, so I apologise if I did.

Journalism in general is pretty terrible these days. Games journalism has always been poor, it's simply the result of anyone being able to jump on board to broadcast their thoughts and opinions to a huge hungry audience.

Edited by Guy

I am very sorry that I upset you. I'll take back what I said.

You are not a Nintendo fanboy.

Obviously all these people that keep accusing you of being one are completely misinterpreting the words that you write. Having to constantly refute the claim that you're a Nintendo fanboy must be tough. I once knew a guy whom women would claim that he was a sexual predator, but he reasoned with me and explained that "he was only admiring the curvature of the woman's bottom as it reminded him of the balloons his late father would sell", and I saw the sense in his reasoning.

I genuinely do think that before people throw out accusations against others, they should read through each persons post count to get a much fairer assessment of what that person is trying to say.

Ok, and what is being suggested is that this should be reported on.. that they are good games? Is that what the gaming press is required to do? Is that not the job of games advertising and the reviews?

Stopped reading after the first sentence - I have no time for random blatant outright cunts, and they only wish they had any say-so whatsoever on my feelings lol.

I'll just reply to this briefly, since it really is derailing the thread.

I was just stating my experience with regards to fanboyism and defending Nintendo. I didn't ask or assume anything there.

I also wouldn't really say all accusations are unfounded. You can accuse someone of something with some foundation of evidence, right? I'm not sure, maybe I have the meanings wrong.

No worries. It's all alleged. If you want to carry it through properly, look through my post history before you condemn someone. I could link to posts from me or others which detail my criticisms of Nintendo, negative news based on fact, not flim-flam, etc, etc, but why the fuck should I? Honestly, no offense Guy, but you can fuck off mate :) in the kindest possible way.

Back on topic.

On the suface of it, Wii U 'isn't getting something' which is bad... but people are filling in the blanks with their own horror stories.

Seriously, is giving a FREE licence away with every Wii U dev kit for what is currently THE MOST POPULAR DEV ENGINE around; an engine which is held in high regard amongst developers, really... .. .. really a bad business decision? Really? Is it really surprising that a rival engine maker would sneer at the notion of powerful, popular engine free licence Vs his high-end, high licence cost engine?

Until there is some actual indepth discussion about what this UE4 statement means and entails for Wii U; until there are Wii U sales results after a couple of years; until we can stand back and look at the Wii U games library after a couple of years, can we say for certain if Nintendo has made good, bad or indifferent business decisions.

Let's look back at their recent post history though :) ... what do we have? Wii, DS, DSi, 3DS... ... all looks pretty good to me.

As I've said in other threads in other forum sections, I think Nintendo may owe Wii U owners a response about the lack of third party announcements so far for Wii U, if there are enough owners who feel aggrieved! If there are enough, fair play, shout about it, shout loud, demand answers.

Personally, I think there are more Wii U owners and Nintendo fans (that's fans of Nintendo, not fanboys - consider the difference people▲◆) who are trying to convince themselves they WANT to like games like Tomb Raider or BF4.

One place you might find Nintendo fans is surprisingly, on Nintendo sites.

In no way are most Nintendo fans affiliated with or represent the views or opinions of Nintendo fanboys.

Edited by madeinbeats

But that's not technically true, he admitted the next day, walking back his gaffe. "You heard the stupid gaffe yesterday about the Wii U," he said. "If someone wants to take Unreal Engine 4 and ship a game on Wii U, they can! If they wanna ship an Unreal Engine 4 game on Xbox 360, they could make it happen." While that game might not look as pretty as it would on a "true" next-gen console, the new engine is scalable to a variety of platforms, including mobile.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/29/m...view-gdc-2013/

I haven't read this thread. The points are valid about UE 3, however Nintendo need to be worried and we need to be worried as consumers. This is an industry snub in some ways, and that's because they're not doing things as they like. I genuinely believe if they keep fucking up behind the scenes they've gonna be dead in the water.

I agree, Nintendo needs to do something, but people, including many developers, want Nintendo to release a third mega-powerful hardware and that's just not feasible logically, or financially for Nintendo

I agree, Nintendo needs to do something, but people, including many developers, want Nintendo to release a third mega-powerful hardware and that's just not feasible logically, or financially for Nintendo

I dont think they needed to release a console as powerful as the PS4. Without the gamepad they could of released a console which was clearly more powerful than the PS3/360 and one which developers couldnt use the excuse of power as to why they are not interested in developing for it.

Remember we dont even know yet if it was financially logical for nintendo to go the route they have with such an expensive controller. I think the wii u will be profitable but whether it was a smart decision its too early to say but cheaper hardware doesnt guarantee it will be.

Right. I don't mod these boards so it's out of my own jurisdiction. However, I say this informally;

@madeinbeats and @Tissue Town, you both make good points. Your points are excellent. However, you deem it necessary to make yourselves look unsophisticated in way of insulting each other. Here's my warning;

Make your points, make them well, but leave each other personally out of it. This includes in this instance calling people as fanboys, or more particularly using that to substantiate your counter-arguments; then leading to a downward spiral of bickering. If your point can't stand without a personal insult/criticism, then question why you're making your point as such. Again, this forum isn't my jurisdiction, but I'll have an eye to cutting this shit out; because it's pathetic and I feel we're above it as a larger community. If you've got issue with this current post, feel free to bring it to my visitor wall, where I will air my issues and concerns in public; but I won't do so here to derail this thread at hand. If you've an issue with my conduct in this post, bring it to the attention of both the moderators of this forum, and the admins of the forum - we'll take it from there.

You'll get called a fanboy because that's exactly what you are. It's becoming almost embrassing now.

Nntendo did this, it didn't work. Sony did the same thing, it was amazing. Nntendo have lost and got even considered blah blah blah the same old shit. You ended up mentioning unreal, but really it's a random post to attack Nintendo and praise the god of Sony in pretty much an unconnected post.

I really don't see what you're so confused about what the Wii u is, and more confused why use seem to think sonys "philosophy" is so clear and incredible... I also remember LOTS of people and journalists saying it was stupid not to show the ps4... But don't let that spoil your agenda.

No Unreal 4 and no Frostbite 3 is a massive blow for a console that was attempting to recapture the 'core'.

Frostbite engine, maybe, but I think you like pretty much most people have fallen into the trap of filling in the blanks with pollyfiller made from goo what that female officer in Star Trek TNG that there did die from on that that planet in a galaxy far, far away.

No one cares to question these things, they just

HIT

THE

DRAMA

QUEEN

BUTTON

AND

CARRY

ON

Last gen a lot of games and studios used UE3, this gen is supremely different in that, now, most of the larger studios have their own [HD]engines... like EA and Frostbite...

What UE4 games have been announced?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games#Unreal_Engine_4

Three. And two of those are MS exclusive.

This is a radical idea, but there might just be a lack of interest between UE4 and Wii U because.. it just doesn't need it! So let's wait and see how it plays out.

Frostbite is different... No ME4 for Wii U would sting hard... Again, let's wait and see before people start pissing their pants. Personally, I know it's absolutely plausible it may not, but, I think it will get a Wii U release... ME3 seems to have held its price on Wii U far, far better than any of the other late ports.

Edited by madeinbeats

You'll get called a fanboy because that's exactly what you are. It's becoming almost embrassing now.

Nntendo did this, it didn't work. Sony did the same thing, it was amazing. Nntendo have lost and got even considered blah blah blah the same old shit. You ended up mentioning unreal, but really it's a random post to attack Nintendo and praise the god of Sony in pretty much an unconnected post.

I really don't see what you're so confused about what the Wii u is, and more confused why use seem to think sonys "philosophy" is so clear and incredible... I also remember LOTS of people and journalists saying it was stupid not to show the ps4... But don't let that spoil your agenda.

You are almost exactly the same with anything Nintendo, always aggressively pushing your two cents in the form of badly formatted posts down people's throats.

There really is irony overload in this topic.

I really don't see the issue here. Nobody buys Nintendo consoles for multi-platform games, anyway (or nobody should). :heh:

This has been one hell of a thread thus far :laughing:

Needless to say, Nintendo has no choice but to step up their first party effort now. The confidence regarding third party support has completely vaporised in front of every one, maybe next generation huh?

I dont think they needed to release a console as powerful as the PS4. Without the gamepad they could of released a console which was clearly more powerful than the PS3/360 and one which developers couldnt use the excuse of power as to why they are not interested in developing for it.

Remember we dont even know yet if it was financially logical for nintendo to go the route they have with such an expensive controller. I think the wii u will be profitable but whether it was a smart decision its too early to say but cheaper hardware doesnt guarantee it will be.

Yes, and then that console would have no selling point and would just be a weaker console which would get even less support

Good moaning everybody! Glad to see everyone is in such a good mood. I'll add my bit shortly to this lovely discussion, just got to remove the last dregs of drink from my system first.

• UE4 'won't ' run on Wii U... but will run on browsers and mobile.
  • Most big studios now have their own HD engines, no need for UE use
  • So far, only 3 games announced on UE4 known, two of them MS exclusive.

I had to bullet point the actual facts here ... actual tangible facts because it looks like no one else has any facts only shit stiring Wii U blood lust bollox . For any bullshit ill just re-post this bullet list in larger and larger and bolder font style. B b b b b but please, feel free to add your own facts ... I'm waiting.

Edited by madeinbeats

• UE4 'won't ' run on Wii U... but will run on browsers and mobile.
  • Most big studios now have their own HD engines, no need for UE use
  • So far, only 3 games announced on UE4 known, two of them MS exclusive.

I had to bullet point the actual facts here ... actual tangible facts because it looks like no one else has any facts only shit stiring Wii U blood lust bollox . For any bullshit ill just re-post this bullet list in larger and larger and bolder font style. B b b b b but please, feel free to add your own facts to this list... I'm waiting.

To be fair, he's now backtracked saying that it would run on the Wii U, but the developers would have to port it themselves

To be fair, he's now backtracked saying that it would run on the Wii U, but the developers would have to port it themselves

I know, but that's the whole point, people are still trying to shit stir based on the initial 'hahaha, no' story. It's the same time old internet messageboard scenario , facts go against people's ingrained agenda, oh shit, let's pretend I didn't read that and post a smarmy shit stiring comment instead.

There's a lack of interest in discussing facts here. Blatant ignorance. This thread is over.

Edited by madeinbeats

Heaven forbid anyone actually try and understand why an engine that is scalable to mobiles isn't being brought to the Wii U, because I can tell you, me being a fanboy sure as shit isn't the reason.[/color]

You have options to try and understand it, you pretend those options don't exist. Not anyone else's problem. Your issue. ::shrug:

I know, but that's the whole point, people are still trying to shit stir based on the initial 'hahaha, no' story. It's the same time old internet messageboard scenario , facts go against people's ingrained agenda, oh shit, let's pretend I didn't read that and post a smarmy shit stiring comment instead.

There's a lack of interest in discussing facts here. Blatant ignorance. This thread is over.

The console is clearly capable of multiplatform ports of UE4 (to Reiny's own admittance even!). It obviously wont look as good, but it's perfectly possible, so technical barriers arent the problem. The controversy here is the complete dismissal of the Wii U by Epic, everyone in the room and pretty much every single major western developer out there. The console is quite literally seen as a joke by the industry at large.

A good few people are taking it to mean that the Wii U isn't powerful enough to handle these games, but that's the Internet for you. The real problem is developer relations, not hardware power and I think it's a problem that Nintendo really cannot solve (at least amongst the likes of EA, Epic and Take Two/Rockstar)

Edited by Dcubed

Nintendo has always been seen like this. It's annoying, considering they're the ones who tend to innovate the most. People think more power equals greater games. While that sometimes is the case, it's not how gaming should be

As much as Nintendo innovate, they're also extremely guilty of repetition. So very guilty of it. So very guilty. So very guilty.

Sometimes their repetition is so bad I question if they're still as innovative as people once claimed. I realised the other evening that the Wii U is essentially a giant DS for your living room. After realising that it felt just a tiny bit less special.

As much as Nintendo innovate, they're also extremely guilty of repetition. So very guilty of it. So very guilty. So very guilty.

Sometimes their repetition is so bad I question if they're still as innovative as people once claimed. I realised the other evening that the Wii U is essentially a giant DS for your living room. After realising that it felt just a tiny bit less special.

Still more innovative than the others

Sign in to follow this