NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Looking to buy a new monitor, any suggestions?

I'm currently using a Samsung Syncmaster 204BW 22" monitor. It's over 5 years old now, and it's really starting to show it's age. I'm noticing screen tearing issues, even with v-sync on in most games.

I'm not exactly savvy with how monitors work, but would I benefit from a monitor with 2ms response times and/or 120hz? I know it's not likely, but would there be a monitor out there that doesn't require me to use the v-sync option in games?

I'd preferably be interested in a monitor that is 22", has a variety of resolutions and is £150 at the most.

Thanks if anyone has any suggestions. :)

LG 22EN33S LCD LED 21.5" VGA Monitor £83 Great monitor for the price, but only VGA (no HDMI or DVI).

Philips E-Line 244EL2SB LCD LED 24" HDMI Monitor £115. Can't speak for this one personally, but I have the 234EL and it's brilliant, so I imagine this would be as well.

There's too many to list. Try searching through ebuyer, and posting here, and we'll tell you if it's good or not. Then try searching elsewhere for price comparisons.

LG 22EN33S LCD LED 21.5" VGA Monitor £83 Great monitor for the price, but only VGA (no HDMI or DVI).

Philips E-Line 244EL2SB LCD LED 24" HDMI Monitor £115. Can't speak for this one personally, but I have the 234EL and it's brilliant, so I imagine this would be as well.

There's too many to list. Try searching through ebuyer, and posting here, and we'll tell you if it's good or not. Then try searching elsewhere for price comparisons.

Cheers for the reply!

I have a friend that also recommended this monitor: http://www.ebuyer.com/281652-benq-gl2250-22-lcd-dvi-monitor-9h-l6vlb-qpu

Would you recommend that over the others, or are the ones you linked better? Thanks again if you can help...

The Philips that I linked is bigger, has a slightly better image, and has HDMI as well.

That one is good though.

The Philips that I linked is bigger, has a slightly better image, and has HDMI as well.

That one is good though.

Thanks again! Just found this one, I think it's an amazing deal! We may have a winner here:

http://www.ebuyer.com/393375-acer-g246hlb-24-led-lcd-hdmi-monitor-um-fg6ee-b01

I was hoping to get one with the brightness at 300 cd/m2... but I guess I have to make sacrifices at that price. Although, it wouldn't make a ton of difference, would it?

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Thanks again! Just found this one, I think it's an amazing deal! We may have a winner here:

http://www.ebuyer.com/393375-acer-g246hlb-24-led-lcd-hdmi-monitor-um-fg6ee-b01

I was hoping to get one with the brightness at 300 cd/m2... but I guess I have to make sacrifices at that price. Although, it wouldn't make a ton of difference, would it?

Is a comparison to the Philips, the Philips has a better contrast ratio, but that has a better response time.

There's not a lot in it. The faster response time might swing it for me with the Acer, or the £15 saving with the Philips if you're money conscious. Or just toss a coin.

As for the brightness, you wouldn't even notice a difference between 250 and 300.

Thanks for all the help. :) I decided to get the Acer one in the end, it should be here tomorrow, can't wait!

Sign in to follow this