- Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu - Millennium no Shoujo

- 3DS

- 6/27 release in Japan

- 6279yen

Director: Shigeo Komori

Character Design: Yuji Himukai

Monster Design: Shin Nagasawa

Music: Yuzo Koshiro

Remake of EO1, expanded story scenario, voice acting. More details to come.

Announced voice cast so far: Kousuke Toriumi, Daisuke Ono, Toshiyuki Toyonaga, Mariya Ise, Shizuka Ito

Hopefully we get this after Etrian Odyssey IV

Edited by Grazza

Hopefully, 2 and 3 will follow (along with Radiant Historia) and then all 3 games can be released alongside Devil Survivor 2 3DS in Europe as part of an Atlus "we're sorry for how we treated Europe" ambassador programme!

Was considering trying to get into the EO series, this might be my best chance to give it a go! And it comes out the day I was originally supposed to go home to the UK? Good call changing that flight heh

Ah, I don't think I'll be able to resist buying this. The original has become one of my favourite RPGs - it's so deep, you can't help but learn all its tactics and secrets.

One thing I loved was its amazingly clever story and subtle storytelling, so I hope that stays as good as it was. But either way, I hope to play this.

Ridiculously, this will be the 5th time I've bought Etrian Odyssey! Once for me, twice for a friend, and a third time to complete the post-game (which I gave up on first time around). Then a fourth time as a bundle with II & III (American versions) and, potentially, a fifth time for the remake!!!

Edited by Grazza

Ridiculously, this will be the 5th time I've bought Etrian Odyssey!

Pretty much sums up how good this game must be :smile:

Funnily enough, like Debug Mode, I was also planning to start the EO series that's due to the fact that Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey uses the same game engine as Etrian Odyssey and I'm really enjoying that game.

Funnily enough, like Debug Mode, I was also planning to start the EO series that's due to the fact that Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey uses the same game engine as Etrian Odyssey and I'm really enjoying that game.

Yeah, I noticed how good the graphics engine was when I played the 2nd one. In the 1st game, L and R were used to change floors on the Stratum map, yet Etrian Odyssey II changed it so that L and R perform a "sidestep" move. When you see the scenery shift about with ease, it's almost like an FPS. :)

Now I'm wondering how it'll work. There were nine classes in the original games. You absolutely needed:

* a Medic (for healing and Immunize)

* a Protector and Bard for one or two of the Dragons

Then these were very useful:

* a Survivalist for 1st Turn (not sure I could have defeated Primevil without one)

* an attacker (probably Landsknecht)

* an Alchemist for conditional drops

* a Dark Hunter or Hexer for binds

OK, you could do without a Samurai, Dark Hunter or Hexer (in that game), but it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. Maybe sub-classes? I know it's a remake but it sounds extremely different indeed.

Hmm, that's odd. I can't really relate that cover to the original game at all (apart from the tree).

PR Email for NA.

Irvine, Calif. - June 11, 2013 - A new challenge for the map-making, labyrinth-crawling fans of the first-person Etrian Odyssey RPG series will be available from ATLUS this fall. Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (EOU) offers two full length experiences: The expanded story mode takes players on a journey to unravel the mystery of the Yggdrasil Tree's origins, and the classic mode updates the original Etrian Odyssey. Both versions feature the same gameplay conveniences, updated 3D graphics, and StreetPass™ abilities as in Etrian Odyssey IV. Exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS™ system, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl will be released in stores and in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS simultaneously. More details can be found on the game's official website.

The biggest addition to Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl is the story mode - a first for the series. The story mode gives players five pre-made characters, each with their own personalities and dialogue to explore a side of Etria not seen in the first game. Adventurers must brave new dungeon layouts, floors and enemies to find out the truth behind the Yggdrasil Tree, and the mysterious girl, Frederica.

Also new to the series is the Grimoire Stone system, available in both modes. In previous Etrian Odyssey games, skills were set to specific classes, but by collecting, synthesizing, and equipping Grimoire Stones, players can hybridize their party to excel in combat. With the right Grimoire Stones, combatants can even learn powerful enemy skills.

To take full advantage of the Nintendo 3DS system's power, EOU features animated opening and story cutscenes by MADHOUSE Inc., renowned for its extensive background in animation, including other ATLUS games Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena. There will also be voiceovers for the story and battle scenes and the option for orchestrated background music.

"Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl is so much more than a remake," said Tim Pivnicny, vice president of sales and marketing, Index Digital Media Inc. "The ATLUS team went above and beyond to create a full-length story mode that really explores the world of Etria. The updated gameplay conveniences from Etrian Odyssey IV make the game approachable for new players, while the added voices, 3D graphics and new gameplay systems continue to push the series forward."

The game goes beyond story mode with the inclusion of classic mode, a full-length experience in itself, for players to create their own classes and explore the world of Etria. The same chart-making mechanic is back, along with first-person dungeon exploring and intense turn-based combat in new dungeon layouts. EOU also brings new difficulty modes, which can be changed at any time: "Picnic" and "Standard" mode are for players new to RPGs or the Etrian Odyssey series, while "Expert" adds new challenges for veteran adventurers.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl releases this summer exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS™ system and will be available simultaneously in retail stores and in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB.

For more information, including updates on the game, please visit the official website at: http://www.atlus.com/untold.

9016237007_d0e3a1db46_o.jpg

9016237181_d199cb5bdf_o.jpg

9017427774_31ffa7a6b0_o.jpg

9016237481_85c26f2ec0_o.jpg

From Atlus Faithful newsletter.

Untold.jpg

"Releasing in North America 10/01/13 for $39.99. Pre-orders open today!

Have you heard about the Millennium Girl? She's coming to North America on the Nintendo 3DS for $39.99 on October 1, 2013! Take advantage of the game's two modes, including the brand new story mode, to get the most out of Etrian Odyssey Untold.

In story mode: Join Fredericka and her companions on their mission to solving the mystery behind her past.

In classic mode: Rediscover the origins and secrets of Etria by mapping out a fresh 3D portrayal of the land.

Begin a new journey through the land of Etria in 3D October 1st!"

Happy they kept it, looks gorgeous! but that's another Atlus RPG coming to NA this year...

Edited by -Dem0-

Atlus seem to have really quick localisation turnaround lately. Maybe we'll see this in 5 years...

EOUset.jpg

Irvine, Calif. - Aug. 8, 2013 - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl, the latest edition of the map-making, labyrinth-crawling Etrian Odyssey RPG series is getting a collection of pre-order bonus items called "Etrian Untold, Unseen, Unheard." The collection will include a 7-track music CD which features an exclusive live version of the game's opening theme, an exclusive rough sketch version of the same, and other songs, arranged by series composer Yuzo Koshiro. It also includes a design book containing character art, comics and notes. Exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS system, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl will be released in stores and the Nintendo eShop simultaneously on Oct. 1 for $39.99. More details can be found on the game's official website.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (EOU) offers two full length experiences: The expanded story mode takes players on a journey to unravel the mystery of the Yggdrasil Tree's origins, and the classic mode updates the original Etrian Odyssey with new dungeon layouts and challenges. Both versions feature the same gameplay conveniences, updated 3D graphics, and StreetPass abilities as in Etrian Odyssey IV.

The story mode, a first for the series, gives players five pre-made characters, each with their own personalities and dialogue to explore a side of Etria not seen in the first game. Gameplay is interspersed with animated cutscenes by MADHOUSE animation, and with more than 3,000 lines of dialogue, voice acting, and more.

The chart-making mechanic Etrian Odyssey games are renowned for returns, along with first-person dungeon exploring and intense, turn-based combat in new dungeon layouts. EOU also brings new difficulty modes, which can be changed at any time: "Picnic" and "Standard" mode are for players new to RPGs or the Etrian Odyssey series, while "Expert" adds new challenges for veteran adventurers.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl releases exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS system for $39.99 and will be available simultaneously in retail stores and in the Nintendo eShop beginning Oct. 1. The box set will be available for pre-orders and the first printing of the game after launch. The game is rated T for Teen by the ESRB.

For more information, including updates on the game, please visit the official website at: http://www.atlus.com/untold.

I think I'll give this series another chance, I'm a sucker for moe character designs but I don't think I gave the original enough of a chance.

Millennium Girl is scoring great across the board. I was reading about it quickly this morning - USGamer is the site to visit for news on it with Jeremy Parish being there now.

Any chance of the thread title getting fixed. :indeed:

Looks like NiSA is bringing this to Europe and Australia! :)

Excellent! I'm really enjoying EO4, so I'm glad to see that more is on the way :D

NiSA are quickly becoming one of my favourite publishers. Shame that it took all these years for them to cut a deal with Atlus, I would have appreciated being able to get all those DS games locally. I guess the rampant piracy really damaged that possibility.

NiSA are quickly becoming one of my favourite publishers. Shame that it took all these years for them to cut a deal with Atlus, I would have appreciated being able to get all those DS games locally. I guess the rampant piracy really damaged that possibility.

Yeah, it's a funny turnaround seeing as how Atlus used to publish all of NIS' games in the US back in the day :laughing:

Glad it's finally happening though. Overall, the localisation record for Atlus games (and other niche 3DS JPN games in general) in Europe (and even the US!) is much better than back in the DS era; so despite the region lock, we're actually getting the chance to play more of these games than ever before :D

I just hope that SEGA's acquisition doesn't mess things up...

It's confirmed now.

etrian_untold_announce.png

ETRIAN ODYSSEY UNTOLD: THE MILLENIUM GIRL COMES TO EUROPEAN NINTENDO 3DS™ PLAYERS IN 2014!

Santa Ana, Calif. (October 29, 2013) – NIS America today announced its plan to partner with ATLUS to publish Etrian Odyssey™ Untold: The Millennium Girl throughout Europe next year. The game will be available in physical format at retail stores, as well as a digital download version in the Nintendo eShop. Exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl is a fresh and reimagined version of the first Etrian Odyssey game for Nintendo DS, with a series-first story mode, complete with new cinematics from animation studio Madhouse, more than 3,000 lines of recorded dialogue, and plenty of challenges for fans of first-person, dungeon-crawling RPGs. A demo, which

includes two dungeons, will be available in Nintendo eShop prior to the game’s release for those fans who want to get a nice sneak peek of Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl!

Players will utilize the 3DS system‘s bottom touch screen to chart their path and create their own maps to keep the party alive in the face of the dangers that await. The game also contains a classic mode that offers the series’ staple robust character customization and job class options, as well as a “Picnic” difficulty option to provide greater accessibility for players new to the series.

For more information, visit http://www.atlus.com/untold

About the game:

The newest installment of the Etrian Odyssey series has arrived! The first Etrian dyssey game was released in 2007—and was favorably received for its unique play style in which players use the stylus to record their progress through the sprawling mazes, as well for the game’s refreshing challenge. Now, in 2013, the series has been reborn with Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl. The original game has been improved with a new, captivating story, unique and charming characters, and newly recreated labyrinths in full 3D.

Key features:

Wealth of content: Engage in more than 30 hours of first-person RPG exploration and battle and 3D dungeons in either Classic or Story mode

Customize your characters the way you want: Each character will learn different skills based on their class, using brand new skill trees.

Utilize Grimoire Stones to learn new skills: Collect special gems called Grimoire Stones to grant your characters skills that your allies and/or enemies possess. There are over 200 different monster skills plus ally skills to learn—the combinations are nearly endless!

Will be my first Etrian Odyssey game (I passed on IV, decided to try out Soul Hackers).

I can't wait.

Release: May 2nd 2014.

Demo: April 18th.

Edited by -Dem0-

Sign in to follow this