NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Falcon

Name that Game: 2013 Edition!!

2. The Story of Thor 2

6. Stone Wall Tycoon 4

Almost for 2...

Never heard of Stone Wall Tycoon 1-3, let alone 4 so it isn't that.

2. Monkey Island?

4. Golden Sun?

Nope and nope.

2. The Story of Thor (the first one)

Bingo!!!

I wanted to give it you before but I decided to make you work a bit more for it.

7 is Dynamite Headdy, I'm almost sure

1. Soul Bubbles

3. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

4. Tales of Destiny

8. Amazing Island

And I think I've exhausted my guesses for now

7 is Dynamite Headdy, I'm almost sure

1. Soul Bubbles

3. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

4. Tales of Destiny

8. Amazing Island

And I think I've exhausted my guesses for now

And a point goes to Jonnas for number 8! I'd never heard of the game until I looked it up for this quiz so congrats :p

The others are all wrong.

@Cube how on earth did you get The Story of Thor?... I mean what even is that?

The Story of Thor 2 is the only Sega Saturn game I remember playing. The main character has Aladdin-like trousers, like in the image.

I was lucky to have gained knowledge of its existence fairly recently, too :heh:

Well, here's a couple of alternate guesses, then.

3. La Pucelle Tactics

4. Tales of Phantasia

I was lucky to have gained knowledge of its existence fairly recently, too :heh:

Well, here's a couple of alternate guesses, then.

3. La Pucelle Tactics

4. Tales of Phantasia

Both wrong I'm afraid.

7. Streets of Rage 3.

(It's going to be the first, isn't it?)

7. Streets of Rage 3.

(It's going to be the first, isn't it?)

Yup, it's no. 3's disco section.

10. Yuzo Koshiro?

:)

EDIT:

4. ActRaiser?

10 is indeed the legendary composer Yuzo Koshiro - I figured as soon as someone Streets of Rage, it would be super obvious who it was so I picked SoR3 as it's the one least familar to folks.

4. is not ActRaiser... but you aren't far off.

4. ActRaiser 2?

Yes!

It's a bit of a sneaky picture because the map is in transitional phase and can only be seen like that, and uninterputed by overlaid graphics, for a very short time.

Yes, very crafty! :smile:

I didn't quite recognise it but pleased to get my answer out before someone else sneaked in. :p

That's always a difficult thing and something I'm never too sure how to handle. If someone guesses a game and it's part of a series that use the same graphics engine, telling them it's wrong and then having someone come in a snipe the point makes me feel bad so I prefer to say something but then that could be even worse if the player doesn't check back right away.

When activity is a bit slower though, it's ok and more posts for trivial reasons makes the thread look busier which is good for bringing people in if they see it's constantly being updated.

1. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin?

EDIT:

You are doing a great job! :D Glad this is back, gets the ol' braincells moving. :grin:

So.. The game starts a night I'm at work and then I come home to find that I can't access the internet :sad: I'm posting this from my phone which is loading slowly and won't display the pictures.. ARRGGHH!

1. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin?

EDIT:

You are doing a great job! :D Glad this is back, gets the ol' braincells moving. :grin:

It is indeed and probably my favourite game on the DS! Taken from the fight with the Whip's Memory which takes on the form of Richter Blemont given he was the last person to use. Following his use of it for evil under mind control, it was decided the Belmont's would not use the whip again until the battle of 1999 which would see the end of Dracula and the reason why the 3 games that take place after SotN and before Aria of Sorrow have you playing as none Belmonts.

Well thanks. I'd been meaning to bring it back for a while but every time I started collating pictures, I wondered how bothered people would be so I had a word with Dog-amoto about bringing it back and here we are.

Sign in to follow this