NEurope
are1981

DuckTales Remastered (eShop)

I snapped this up last night ( went with Wii U version ) and its been an absolute joy to play so far. The music sent me into an orgy of nostalgia and straight back to my childhood, playing the original game at my friends house as a kid.

The cutscenes can be a little intrusive but they are so well voiced I don't really mind.

Graphically I think the game looks stunnning. From the artwork to the animations, Wayforward have once again produced the goods.

I've beaten The Mines and The Himalayas so far. I'm trying to hold off from going to The Moon till last. :)

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Lovely game. Old school done right.

The music is astounding though. From the CAPCOM logo onwards it never falters.

Even the menu music is magical. :love:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

After completing the game I checked what "hard pogo" was. It was exactly what I was doing the whole game.

After completing the game I checked what "hard pogo" was. It was exactly what I was doing the whole game.

Oh man. :indeed:

A true retro gamer through and through! :smile:

What can I say. I pimpsmacked the fuck out of it when I was a kid. One of the first games I remember playing.

So, I finished The Moon last night and it was glorious. :hug:

The original tune is one of my favourite gaming tunes ever and they really did it justice in this remake. I can't remember the last time I played a game where I had a smile from ear to ear all the way through a level. Absolutely fantastic.

Lovely game. Old school done right.

The music is astounding though. From the CAPCOM logo onwards it never falters.

Even the menu music is magical. :love:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Yeah I absolutely love this music. Is it just me or is there a subtle bit on the Moon theme in there?

Speaking of the moon theme, there is a very nice piano version of the tune in the game too.

Edited by Helmsly

What can I say. I pimpsmacked the fuck out of it when I was a kid. One of the first games I remember playing.

Haha same. I just pogo the whole time. Unless I wanna swing hit a rock into some spiders face.

From the Last Game You Finished thread

DuckTales ( Wii U )

I finished this last night and it was a hell of a ride. It really took me back to my childhood, not just because of the TV show but also because I played the hell out of the original on the NES.

The quality of the music, graphics and animation is exactly what I have come to expect from WayForward and I didn't have any of the freezing issues or disappearing pogo sticks that others have experienced. I did have a weird glitch where the helicopter blades sound was still going during the credits, despite the cutscene being finished. :D

The main game is done but i'm still working on unlocking all the music/art/screens etc. The Amazon seems to be the best place to get the cash and only takes about 8-10 mins to get through.

The main game is done but i'm still working on unlocking all the music/art/screens etc. The Amazon seems to be the best place to get the cash and only takes about 8-10 mins to get through.

Playing through the game on Hard or Extreme is also great for getting cash, as two of the secret heart containers are replaced with the hidden treassures that were in the original game. Also try and get the bonus stage to show up if you can, I think your cash/score must have a 7 in it before you start a level for it to show up.

DuckTales ( Wii U )

I finished this last night and it was a hell of a ride. It really took me back to my childhood, not just because of the TV show but also because I played the hell out of the original on the NES.

The quality of the music, graphics and animation is exactly what I have come to expect from WayForward and I didn't have any of the freezing issues or disappearing pogo sticks that others have experienced. I did have a weird glitch where the helicopter blades sound was still going during the credits, despite the cutscene being finished.

Really could not have put it better. DuckTales was probably my most played game as a kid, and Remastered just seems like the perfect celebration of what was aready a great game.

Edited by Helmsly

Got this game yesterday, just finished it.

Loved it...the nostalgia is brilliant and I seemingly remembered naturally where things were (considering I last played the game 20 years ago, that's not bad).

Was hoping they'd have added some new levels but it's still great fun and looks beautiful.

Had a few issues with the ropes/chains in it, which were a pain in the final stage, but other than that, it was great :)

Got this game yesterday, just finished it.

Loved it...the nostalgia is brilliant and I seemingly remembered naturally where things were (considering I last played the game 20 years ago, that's not bad).

Was hoping they'd have added some new levels but it's still great fun and looks beautiful.

Had a few issues with the ropes/chains in it, which were a pain in the final stage, but other than that, it was great :)

I assume you mean level layouts ( which were also changed to a certain extent ) as you never had to collect coins from the Amazon nor gather Gizmoducks suit in the original.

Fucking hated Hewey, Dewey and Louie in this game. Wanted to smack 'em again and again and again.

(needs to be said more than once)

Fucking hated Hewey, Dewey and Louie in this game. Wanted to smack 'em again and again and again.

(needs to be said more than once)

Why? "Unca Scrooge!" :D

Gizmoduck>>>>>>everyone else.

I assume you mean level layouts ( which were also changed to a certain extent ) as you never had to collect coins from the Amazon nor gather Gizmoducks suit in the original.

Obviously :p

My Wii U just download an update for this game, makes the game version 1.1.0. I tried it a bit, and the Leaderboards didn't crash on me this time, so I think this update fixed that little bastard of a bug.

BTW, I love that this console can download and apply the update while I'm not doing anything on my console, so I can just play the game straight away, without the need of waiting for update to download.

Minor, yeah, but helps me tremendously.

Cutscene skipping is easier too.

When it seems they're headed for the, final curtain

Bold deduction never fails, that's for certain...

I decided to double dip and pick this up for Wii U last night as its on sale and I like off Tv play. Did anyone else buy it through the eshop sale?

I decided to double dip and pick this up for Wii U last night as its on sale and I like off Tv play. Did anyone else buy it through the eshop sale?

I did. Looking forward to starting it, but have a lot to get through beforehand.

Duck Tales is being removed from all digital stores in a couple of days:

Heads up, everyone; DuckTales: Remastered is leaving digital storefronts in a duck-blur, and will no longer be available for purchase beginning August 8th, 2019. If you’ve already purchased it in the past or if you buy it before the dates and times below, you’ll still be able to access and play the game.

Pogo jump your way into Scrooge’s Money Bin while you can! DuckTales: Remastered is getting a farewell price drop for 75% off on most platforms before it gets removed for purchase.

The game will be digitally available on the following platforms until:

• Wii U – August 9, 4:59 PM PDT
  • PlayStation 3 – August 9, 8AM PDT
  • Xbox 360, Xbox One (via Backwards Compatibility) – August 8, 5 PM PDT
  • Steam (PC) – 4:59 PM PDT

Disc-based versions of the game will install and play normally, and if you’ve already bought the game digitally, you’ll still be able to re-download it even after it’s removed, too. The times above are approximate, so please don’t wait until the last minute if you want to purchase the game digitally while it’s still available. So, get out there and solve a mystery, or re-write history!

This is what I hate about Digital gaming. =/

On the plus side, they have put it on sale. It's £2.99 on Steam right now and £3.95 on the Wii U eshop.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Sad 1

i'm not even sure what platforms i have it on now, might need to buy it for Steam at that price

31 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Collection incoming? 

They've already released the Disney Afternoon Collection (on every platform except for Switch... of course).  Don't see what other collection they could do with it really.

1 hour ago, Agent Gibbs said:

i'm not even sure what platforms i have it on now, might need to buy it for Steam at that price

It might be best to check so that you can solve a mystery ;)

13 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Duck Tales is being removed from all digital stores in a couple of days:

This is what I hate about Digital gaming. =/

On the plus side, they have put it on sale. It's £2.99 on Steam right now and £3.95 on the Wii U eshop.

Same, it's like Capcom is trying to rewrite history ::shrug:

Duck Tales! (Woo-hoo!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2