NEurope
are1981

DuckTales Remastered (eShop)

Is this the the same as the GameBoy DuckTales game? I loved that sooo much!

if i remember correctly the Gameboy DuckTales game was a port of the NES game or at least it was very similar.

Psyched!

What if... what if they also brought us the ... the Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers game!?

I agree with others that say it should have been completely hand-drawn instead of this weird 50:50 2.5D thing they've actually done.

The (I assume) Transylvania level looks great though, at least the outdoors shots. Still I don't recognise a lot of the levels in the trailer. There must be additional ones.

Himalayas, The Moon, Transylvania, Amazon jungle and African Mines were the original five.

What if... what if they also brought us the ... the Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers game!?

Another classic!! Yes please

Edited by Ronnie

Features info:

• Relive the classic TV series from the 1980’s – Follow the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews; Huey,

Dewey and Louie, as they fend off enemies including the Beagle Boys and Magica DeSpell, on their quest to obtain the five most impressive treasures from across the world

• Redefined hand -drawn visuals – Developer WayForward have taken all the original visuals from the 8-bit game and significantly enhanced and recreated them as hand-drawn sprites, across a backdrop of beautifully re-envisioned level background

• Authentic Disney experience – Some of your favorite Disney characters are brought to life by many of the original voice-over talent from the classic DuckTales TV series and stage backgrounds take their inspiration from the classic TV episodes.

• Learn to pogo – In an all new tutorial level, learn the basic playing skills, including Scrooge McDuck’s iconic pogo jump and cane swing

• Visit the museum – Track your achievements, progress and status on the leader boards in Scrooge McDuck’s new Museum

• Cash in your coins at Scrooge McDuck’s Money Bin – A new playable area, Scrooge’s Money Bin allows players to track the amount of wealth accumulated and even take a swim through his latest spoils.

• Digitally enhanced soundtrack – Built from the original versions, the soundtrack for DuckTales Remastered creates more modern amplified iterations of the classic melodies

Never played this game but I hope this means more classic Disney games to be remade.

Edit - The voice actor for Scrooge is still alive and in his 90s. :o

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Edited by Dante

There's a demo?! FUCK I'M ON THIS AFTER WORK.

Absolutely pimpsmacked this game when I was younger. Now this is a game where it has been sometime since it was released. Fuck you Donkey Kong Country Returns.

TELL ME ABOUT DAT MOON THEME.

Check out da remixes: http://ocremix.org/game/50/ducktales-nes

DEMO? WHOO-OOH.

[edit]

I can't find discussion of there being a demo anywhere.

DEMO, BOO-HOO.

Edited by Guy
No demo woe. Demwoe.

I loved this game as a kid and doubled up with Dungeons and Dragons...literally over the moon! Glad to see some of this stuff finally coming to WiiU, how about some of those 2d fighters next? ^_^

No demo for the time being according to Sven

091031002319-large.jpg

YOU FUCK!

This post got my hopes up and everything :(

The just demoed the Ghost Castle level, which is mostly the same right down to the secret but the boss fight has been revamped quite a bit from the original... or at least how I recall it going.

Vengeance will be mine. I'm going to find a game you want and imply I played a demo for it when there wasn't one out yet, and you'll feel the pain I'm feeling now :blank:

oh my gawwwwwwd this is so awesome! i love that game, its one of the few NES games i still own

Nerdgasm

YOU FUCK!

You talking to me or Sven?

Sorry you read it that way but my posts made it clear they, as in Capcom were live streaming a playthrough of part of the game, or a demo if you will, and I was just relaying information back from it.

It doesn't mean there won't be a demo, just that there is nothing in the works yet. Things change and Capcom US are on a bit of a roll at the moment when it comes to looking after the fans and so if they see a way to get a demo out but it will also depends on well things are going at Way Forward's end - they were playing it on Xbox and maybe the others just aren't as far along yet, we don't know. We do know that work on this project started two and half years ago when Sven approached Disney about remaking it following the continued fan interest but it took a year to settle on the terms of the contract. I think other companies might have given up and forgot about it if it was taking that long but they've seen it through to this conclusion.

6dACF4P.png

You mean they didn't get the original voice actors back so they could stand around and get paid to do nothing? :o

You mean they didn't get the original voice actors back so they could stand around and get paid to do nothing? :o

At 94, I doubt Scrooge's VA will be doing much standing. I'm sure that was just awkwardly phrased because English wasn't the person's native language... unless it was our very own Cube in which case, shame on you.

Just watched the trailer for the millionth time, did they really think the intro said "Not pony tails, or cotton tales"? It's PHONEY, not pony! Sacrilege to mess with arguably the greatest cartoon series opening theme of all time! :D

Ugh...so i say to my girlfriend, "man! Scrooge McDucks voice actor is in his 90s!" and she gives me a blank expression, i ask her if she remembers Duck Tails and she tells me she has never seen that, Rescue Rangers or Tail Spin despite being two years older than me! Looks like im buying some boxed sets on payday lol

Loved the original game. Played it constantly. Not sure if it'll be the same without the slow down!

By the way, that dude is an imposter.

funny...he said exactly the same thing about you. ;)

8 minute Long video from IGN:

Edited by Retro_Link
HDYT Tags

When people started talking about it being hand drawn I was really looking forward to this, however after seeing the beautiful sprites contrasted with those basic and bland 3D backgrounds I feel a little deflated and underwhelmed :(

That fucking Moon theme, thanks to how well it suits this video, I rarely think of Duck Tales when I hear it

The fact that levels keep being interrupted by dialogue bothers me...

Yeah I thought that was a strange new addition, they could have at least overlaid it over gameplay, but still. New audience won't mind I guess, which is largely who it's for.