NEurope
are1981

DuckTales Remastered (eShop)

Excited!

The developer is no less than WayForward!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/22/4135724/ducktales-remastered-capcom-wayforward-pax-east-2013

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/all_new_ducktales_is_coming_to_wii_u

Pricing:

USD: 15.00

EUR: TBA

GBP: TBA

Trailer description:

Not ponytails. Not cottontails. DUCKTALES!

Head back to Duckburg with Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad, Huey, Dewey and Louie with DuckTales Remastered, a hand-drawn reimagining of one of the most memorable 8-bit games of all time. Developed in loving collaboration with WayForward, Disney and Capcom, DuckTales Remastered comes to Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and the Wii U e-Shop in Summer 2013!

Edited by are1981

Ha ha, brilliant!

So it's this and Strider (I assume) then must be their two unannounced PAX East titles.

EDIT: looks like the other is going to be Dungeons and Dragons which we already knew they got the license back for anyway.

Whilst that Polygon link does have a trailer in it, Capcom will be shortly (as in any minute now) starting their live Twitch stream and the first two games up will be the new ones.

But shouldn't this be in General gaming if it's on all consoles or what? I'm still hazy on this stuff...

Edited by Captain Falcon

Ducktails, A WIIIIII U!?

Wow! Random as hell!

Hope this means that we get the original NES version on the VC as well! :D

But shouldn't this be in General gaming if it's on all consoles or what? I'm still hazy on this stuff...
Nope, Gaming Discussion isn't for Multiplatform games.

News belongs in the XBLA/PSN thread too.

Tears of joy all over my face! :love:
So long as it's tears. #Orgasmic

Trailer

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

I wish the whole game had been 2D.

And I guess Duckworth is a midget in the remake.

Duckworth_zps03a6f015.jpg

Never played the game, however I did watch the cartoon series. It was enjoyable.

Holy fuck, one of my favourites games from the NES days!!

This version looks a bit bare and crap in comparison though, hopefully just early builds.

Edited by Ronnie

Pretty funny this! I was thinking of Ducktales while watching that Shovel Knight trailer a couple of days ago. And now a remastered game of it is announced!:eek:

They don't know if it will support off screen play yet, can't see why not though, but they did say you get to swim around in Scrooge's money vault between levels. They also mentioned that the graphics aren't final yet when there were a few clipping issues but it's difficult to imagine any major changes between now and summer.

The just demoed the Ghost Castle level, which is mostly the same right down to the secret but the boss fight has been revamped quite a bit from the original... or at least how I recall it going.

So there'll be all the old levels? The moon etc?

Were there that many treasure chests in the original? I can't remember so many, certainly not with ice creams in them.

Yay, Ducktales :)

Despite them claiming it to be a remastered version, it looks more like a sequel.

So there'll be all the old levels? The moon etc?

Were there that many treasure chests in the original? I can't remember so many, certainly not with ice creams in them.

Yep all the old levels. As the title suggests, whilst it's all new in terms of assets, it is still heavily based on the old game in terms of levels and structure and so you get to go the Moon and the Amazon, etc - there is an all new intro level though.

There were certainly a lot in the old game though I don't recall health items being as abundant but that could be just to help with them demoing the game and will be toned down for release.

So much want for this! Would love to see a remake of the Darkwing Duck NES game too :bouncy:.

Fantastic, but I wish it was entirely hand drawn. The 3D backdrops are a bit generic.

This is the main thing that matters though.

there is no way I can express how happy I am about this, Duck Tales was my favorite game as a kid, it was such a well designed platformer. This is amazing news!

I'm not sure I like the style they've gone for tbh.

I like the 2D'ness, but I'm not really a fan of 2.5D.

Would have loved it to be hand-drawn like Wario Land: Shake Dimension or A Boy and His Blob.

Is this the the same as the GameBoy DuckTales game? I loved that sooo much!