NEurope
-Dem0-

Link Figurine

From Destructiod

"The latest piece in Medicom's Real Action Heroes line is Link based on his Skyward Sword incarnation. This beast stands at a whopping 30 cm tall (~12") and, unlike lesser wares from other hobby houses, is draped in real cloth for a level of unmatched authenticity. And look at that intricately detailed chain mail! Link also comes with a full set of accessories, including a second face plate, Master Sword, Hylian Shield, Sacred Bow and an arrow, and the curious Beetle.

Here's the bad news: RAH Link will cost ¥20,790 (~ $218/€168/£144). That is a lot, but look at it! LOOK AT IT!!! It's Biblical! People redecorate rooms around brilliance like this! Pre-orders will open on March 24 for release in November, so start saving those pennies."

Medicom Toy brings us

RAHLink18-noscale.jpg

RAHLink02-noscale.jpg

RAHLink09-noscale.jpg

RAHLink05-noscale.jpg

For more amazing pictures, click the link below.

http://www.destructoid.com/this-is-the-greatest-link-figurine-of-all-time-249097.phtml

Even though it's really expensive... I. SO. DAMN. WANT. THIS!

That is absolutely gorgeous!!

I mean this looks just like the artwork!

RAHLink03-noscale.jpg

And I love the one of him holding the bow!

£150 is a lot to ask though, considering what else that could buy you... especially with new consoles etc. around the corner.

Fantastic figurine. Best thing you can do with a poseable figure like this is cover up the seams, makes it look way better.

That price is nuts though. I could buy a console for that, or go on a cheap holiday.

If it makes you guys feel any better about missing out on this, there's an extremely remote chance the figure will look as good as that prototype. Medicom have a history of poor quality materials and are one of the worst offenders for prototype false advertising. I have a little more confidence in this one since it's anime styled and should escape the Jack Shepherd effect.

For those of you wondering what the Jack Shepherd effect is, compare the prototype pictured on the packaging to the actual production figure.

Another beautiful example is the hair colour on the Medicom RAH Super Saiyan Son Goku. Check out the hair in the proto/package figure versus the actual figure.

To further highlight some of the quality control issues at Medicom, here's a shot of what happened to the "muscle body" on regular Son Goku after a few months following release.

Most people wait and check out the production figures before parting with their cash, but that opportunity may not exist with Link. It's likely to either be a case of taking a chance and pre-ordering or waiting if the figure is decent quality and paying an arm and a leg on eBay.

Edited by Guy

Bump with pic of production figure. Tunic is vastly inferior to the prototype, just as expected. Of course this all comes out after Medicom has sent the figures out and taken everyone's cash.

25929_489153331186940_2036116999_n.jpg

wow thats amazingly bad! i'm glad i held off on that! think i'm gonna jsut be glad with the epic figma one

The FIGMA Link is the best version that has ever been released. Their figures are all excellent.

The arm looks really bad as well. Glad I didn't preorder, will stick with the Figma and Nendoroid Link.