NEurope
bob

Chrome playing up

Has anyone else noticed Chrome acting a bit weirdly? I'm talking about tabs taking ages to load, or getting stuck loading one tab which never materialises, even after refreshing?

It's happening more and more often with mine, so i disabled all my extensions and it seems to go away.

I'm not entirely sure which extension is the culprit (it might be more than one, or just i have too many) but Chrome definitely sped up when i disabled Reddit Enhancement Suite and Adblock. Does anyone else have this problem?

It might just be my old laptop unable to run so many extensions at once, but i'm not sure what to do. I like those extensions!

I'm getting this too. I get a weird problem where the first tab never appears to load. Actually, it has loaded in a way, but all the content is "invisible", that is, I can still see what was there before, but I can hover over links on the new page which is supposed to have appeared.

Tends to sort itself after a moment but any affected tabs never recover, so need closing and leaving behind.

Happened to me just now

Deq4bXp.png

Tab froze and wouldn't refresh no matter what i did. Had to close that tab and open a new one.

Probably a stupid question but did you try a reinstall? Also try deleting and creating new profile. Make sure to backup bookmarks, extensions and passwords first though.

Doesn't happen to me and I can't reproduce it.

May i recommend Internet Explorer, doesn't have any of these "lag" issues.

Note: May cause system errors and allow hackers easy access to the computer

Actually IE has been pretty secure since version 8, and IE10 is not a bad browser at all. I'd still take Chrome over any of the others for every day use out of sheer speed, but this issue (which only occurs on my netbook) is starting to get annoying.

I recently switched back to Safari after I noticed Chrome was getting increasingly buggier. I did love it for a very long time though, I hope to go back in the future.

I have a problem sometimes, I tend to restart my computer and it goes away. I'm fairly sure mine's due to some sort of flash crash, though.

I always have to re-load any Facebook for it to appear. If I use a @ or # on Twitter text writes backwards. The BBC site won't load at work and now Joomla on my personal site isn't responding to anything.

Urgh.