NEurope
dan-likes-trees

How did you discover N-E?

Like most I found this place by searching for Nintendo news and dolphin related rumours. Stumbled upon N64-europe and lurked around a while until @Oli1983uk convinced me to join the forums. Been here ever since. This place has been part of my life for so long, it's quite mad when I think about it. I've visited the forums almost every day for like 12 years! Crazy.

Had some great times and met some amazing people including going to official events, drinking beer and getting free games :-) My admin days were good fun but I ended up having lack of time to actually do anything due to job and life stuff - sorry @Shorty and @Ashley. I also met the love of my life here. My sexy flinky flinkington @Fierce_LiNk - what a guy.

Still love this place. I may not post much anymore but I'm here lurking most days.........:-)

How is Oli nowadays? Not heard much from him in ages.

He is good. Married with a kid now and still a loyal Nintendo fan, although he is awful at ZombieU.

Hm, I've lost all concept of time in recent years so I can't say for sure. I know we played Halo 2, so it would have been after 2004.

Yeah, that's what I heard too. It was such a startling development - always saw him as some kind of die-hard lad. I wasn't actually around here when he was banned, but I understand he was gradually becoming unbearable and stretching the rules at every opportunity. I don't think a permanent ban on this forum has ever been more widely agreed with or celebrated.

To this day, I have a never expiring infraction pertaining to Rokhed's last 'discussion'...

r0khead, he was a character. I actually met him once at an event in Earls court/Olympia back when he was a beast of a man, long hair, big beard, smashing up storm troopers (actually happened, got a pic somewhere). Seemed like a really nice bloke.

Then the whole cross dressing thing, which was perfectly fine, big shock but fine. But he just went waaayyyy too far with too much information about his sex life and ended up turning into such a strange person. Shame.

To this day, I have a never expiring infraction pertaining to Rokhed's last 'discussion'...

I've just looked into said infraction and it was definitely, absolutely, 100% deserved. Definitely shouldn't expire, ever. :p

r0khead, he was a character. I actually met him once at an event in Earls court/Olympia back when he was a beast of a man, long hair, big beard, smashing up storm troopers (actually happened, got a pic somewhere). Seemed like a really nice bloke.

Then the whole cross dressing thing, which was perfectly fine, big shock but fine. But he just went waaayyyy too far with too much information about his sex life and ended up turning into such a strange person. Shame.

I think I remember seeing a photo like that, wasn't he banging their heads together? This is exactly what I meant about him previously seeming like an extremely nice guy. Something clearly went very wrong in his life, such a shame.

His Harry Potter scar tattoo was also awesome.

Edited by Guy

I was a member over 10 years ago, when the GC came out. Things were very different back then. I can't even remember how i discovered it. But I had made some great friends who I'm still friends with to this day. So it was all worth it. Things changed of course, but we're all grown ups now aren't we? Now I make games for a living, and that's something I could only dream about back then.

Oh wow... that takes me back. Fortunately my days of yelling at my mother on a podcast are long behind me. Those guys still do one though, albeit in a slightly different format. Colin is the host now, asking Chris and Leo various strange questions. Mike is also involved, but he just does the audio queues and the music.

What Do Chris and Leo Think?

Awesome, I'll be sure to give it a listen! I used to love it back in the day, I still have them all on my old iPod :D And my copy of Monkey Ball DS I won in the build up to the relaunch of the site... 6666!

Came here via a search engine trying to find a Nintendo gaming forum after having deciding to leave GameSpot and then later Giant bomb some years ago.

It would seem most threads have some sort of "Rokhead" reference within them, more so here than anywhere else.

I'm waiting for someone, in years to come, posting in one of these threads with "I joined to learn more about r0khead. I've been following him across the Internet for years and my search led me here. Next? Who knows. I'll never stop hunting."

Edited by Guy

I'm waiting for someone, in years to come, posting in one of these threads with "I joined to learn more about r0khead. I've been following him across the Internet for years and my search led me here. Next? Who knows. I'll never stop hunting."

When that happens, the internet will go full circle.

I wonder if there is anyone still here as a result of the spam that Sven posted on every other Nintendo related site in the world way back in the day. He took his job that Tim gave him as official forum advertiser a little too seriously.. :(

I got the entire "Epic Thread" downloaded on my PC, that was certainly interesting to say the least.

Good riddance to all the fools who participated in that mockery of a thread.

I remember being annoyed that all the videogame news online was about America, i think i wanted to find a european release date for something and thought, why isn't there a European site specifically for this stuff?! A search for GameCube Europe brought up the beloved cube-europe. Wasn't long before Jim raped me onto the reviews team, Tim coerced me into the forum Admin team and then i got old and retired to being a Veteran. Good times.

Geez, this thread has been a bit of a retro-trip. If I recall correctly I was looking for information on the recently revealed Nintendo DS. When and why I late joined the forums, I couldn't tell you.