NEurope
Retro_Link

Kickstarter Projects Thread

Dope as fuck game right here:

Narita Boy closes March 26th

I know @Fierce_LiNk was interested. You backed it?

Forgot to post it. Definitely looks cool. May back it, but I want some other stuff as well, together with the Switch stuff, and Mass Effect.. Not sure if I can squeenze another 50 dollars in there, but I'll see.

The game alone is €15. What tier were you looking at getting?

I always try to go for the cheapest physical release. That'd be 50 euros actually. Tempting.. But so many other stuff I want. It's going to achieve it's goal regardless, so if I don't pledge, I look forward to get it on Steam (..or Switch?) when it's released.

They're suggesting December 2018 so it could be on Switch. Depends how it's first two years go I guess :heh:

Dope as fuck game right here:

Narita Boy closes March 26th

I know @Fierce_LiNk was interested. You backed it?

I haven't backed it yet. For 15euros you get a digital version of the game. Does that include a possible PS4 version? I know that's one of their stretch goals.

I've backed it without hesitation! :D

What a find, thanks for posting it Ashley as it looks like an incredible title. :)

I went with the €50 digital set.

Annnnd it has been funded!

:)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1068694633/narita-boy-the-retro-futuristic-pixel-game/posts/1842161?ref=backer_project_update

So many Kickstarter games coming to fruition within the space of a year or two, really great to have supported them where possible. :D

And others don't, i backed Ghost Song which looks amazing, but its one guy doing it and its been over 2 years now and we've just got basically an episodic beta which keeps adding more to it

New Bitmap Books Visual Compedium Kickstarter has launched, Snes/Super Famicom this time. I've just backed it.

Another interesting gaming book popped up on my feed today. Playstation Anthology.

I like the look of it but its quite a bit more expensive than the usual gaming books I get and then another 15 euros for delivery so I might just wait until it comes out and is stocked in the UK.

ZX Spectrum Next

Last day or so for it now, it's already doing really well. :)

The ZX Spectrum reborn: a new machine, fully compatible with the original computer, and packed with improvements and expansions.

Well worth checking out some of the demonstration videos...

It might not be cheap but I think it's a great evolution of a classic machine which will surely have a bright future ahead of it thanks to an incredible development scene. :D

Who knows... all going well, I might even make a game for it someday. : peace:

(Next Gen!!) Nintendo 64 Controller.

1f84a3c29d813be6e7db99b293789eca_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1501100802&auto=format&q=92&s=7d2375071dd4cc3d39fce2ff10a4ff5c

Lots of interest for this one. :)

$20 per controller plus $20 shipping for as many as you like (I've ordered four)

Some might feel strongly about using a different shape N64 controller but for me, this looks to be perfect. :D

43 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

(Next Gen!!) Nintendo 64 Controller.

1f84a3c29d813be6e7db99b293789eca_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1501100802&auto=format&q=92&s=7d2375071dd4cc3d39fce2ff10a4ff5c

Lots of interest for this one. :)

$20 per controller plus $20 shipping for as many as you like (I've ordered four)

Some might feel strongly about using a different shape N64 controller but for me, this looks to be perfect. :D

I seen this the other day and while it looks good I REALLY question the quality of the finished product when it's only $20.

Looks like it could be decent.  Shame about the A/B button placement being slightly wrong though.

Still very happy with my modded analog sticks on my original N64 controllers :)

looks like absolute crap to me, cheap and doesn't appeal at all. Not even an actual N64 pad layout either!

Looks ugly, dpad looks crappy, though the original of course wasn't fantastic either, but the main issue: it looks useless for anything other than N64 ROMS, unless you can map WASD to those C-buttons. If not, you have a controller here with one stick and 6 regular buttons. It also better have a Z-trigger underneath. The placement of the original z-trigger was fantastic. One of the elements that made unloading a Dostovei into some poor soldier's face such an enjoyment.

• Like 1

Not enough handles to be considered an N64 controller. It's the most distinctive thing about that pad. It's part of what makes it unique and charming. 

The GREY colouring looks nice, however. 

Think I might back this. Been a while since I read the Cyanide and Happiness comics but I always enjoyed them. I'd like to play a game from them.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/982292262/the-cyanide-and-happiness-adventure-game?ref=discovery

Edited by Ashley
Seems if you paste a Kickstarter link it embeds the video but doesn't keep the link, so pasted it again and removed formatting

On 09/09/2017 at 4:17 PM, Happenstance said:
Think I might back this. Been a while since I read the Cyanide and Happiness comics but I always enjoyed them. I'd like to play a game from them.

I follow a couple of the artists on Facebook, and their comics are always consistently very good. It impresses me how they manage to pump out good content so often.

Not sure how well this will translate into a game though...

Edited by Ashley
I'm not sure how you broke everything bob.

ZyU5DXI.png

Launched in 1998, the Dreamcast was SEGA’s most ambitious – and last – home games console. The first console with on-board internet connectivity and host to a range of innovative, critically lauded games such as Shenmue, Jet Set Radio and Phantasy Star Online, the Dreamcast remains revered as a stage for creativity, innovation and originality.

This high end publication, created with the full support of SEGA itself, will document the creation of the console and its most iconic games – from pop hits such as Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure to arcane curiosities like Space Channel 5 and Segagaga.

SEGA Dreamcast: Collected Works, if funded, will be the authoritative resource on SEGA's last console: exhaustively researched, beautifully designed, and manufactured to the highest standards – an essential volume for any videogame aficionado.

A follow-on publication to our acclaimed 2014 release, SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works, the book will feature a rich variety of content: manufacturing prototypes, stunning photography of rare hardware, game development materials, and sumptuous game imagery.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-dreamcast-collected-works/description

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Backed, thanks.

Haha. I posted that just for you....and maybe @S.C.G  :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. I posted that just for you....and maybe @S.C.G  :D

Shame you posted it too late for me to get the early bird price though :p