NEurope
Retro_Link

Kickstarter Projects Thread

So, Chained Echoes - a 16-bit JRPG set in a world where fantasy meets mechs - looks absolutely gorgeous! 

Take up your sword, channel your magic or board your Mech. Chained Echoes is a 16-bit SNES style RPG set in a fantasy world where dragons are as common as piloted mechanical suits. Follow a group of heroes as they explore a land filled to the brim with charming characters, fantastic landscapes and vicious foes. Can you bring peace to a continent where war has been waged for generations and betrayal lurks around every corner?

6c5efd0506cdeed8a2d3e2259041ffee_origina

Key features

• 20-25 hours of play time
• Fast    paced    turn-based    battles
No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around
• Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted
• Complex skill and equipment system
• Customize your own airship
• Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech
16-bit SNES style graphics
• Music inspired by PSX RPGs

Chained Echoes combines the simplicity of classic games with modern gameplay to bring an epic and fast-paced adventure to PC, Mac and Linux in a little over 2 years. A Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 version will be simultaneously released if the corresponding stretch goal is reached (in this case you will be able to switch the platform of your digital copy to Switch or PS4 after the campaign's end). Please keep in mind that even if the stretch goal is not reached, a Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 port might come at a later point in time.

It's still got just under four weeks left to be funded, and is nearly halfway there. Seriously considering backing it for the sprite quality and the honesty about development time - even though it looks so polished and far along already, I think it shows a lot of respect for backers.

• Thanks 1

On 24/06/2019 at 5:47 PM, Ashley said:

Orange Island 🍊 Kickstarter has launched. 

Played it at Rezzed last year and the developer is a friend of my housemate's and super nice. One of the stretch goals is a Switch port too. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vontheodore/orange-island

Last day for this (15 hours left as of this post). I just pledged a minimum amount just to "get in", I can't spend the 100 pounds needed for the boxed NES copy at the moment. But I hope to upgrade my tier later through Backerkit, otherwise I've been told NES copies will be available later through other means (the website that also handles the Micro Mages game I bought).

On 24/07/2019 at 12:23 AM, Sméagol said:

Last day for this (15 hours left as of this post). I just pledged a minimum amount just to "get in", I can't spend the 100 pounds needed for the boxed NES copy at the moment. But I hope to upgrade my tier later through Backerkit, otherwise I've been told NES copies will be available later through other means (the website that also handles the Micro Mages game I bought).

I'm going to do an interview with him at some point. Want me to double check the details?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm going to do an interview with him at some point. Want me to double check the details?

You can, but like I said, I'll probably upgrade through backerkit, or I'll get it directly from BrokeStudio. At the very least I'm getting a digital copy for my Switch.

On 16/05/2020 at 3:28 PM, Happenstance said:

The Cards Against Humanity guys have started a puzzle company with jigsaws that look pretty interesting. I’ve just back for all 3.

I bought one for my mom. Though I'm curious to see it for myself.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabbitandbearstudios/eiyuden-chronicle-hundred-heroes

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I know you're a fan of the game @Ronnie so it may be of interest

I thought this would be about a sequel to Dream Daddy before the tweet loaded.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Magnus said:

I thought this would be about a sequel to Dream Daddy before the tweet loaded.

Another excellent game with the same initials coincidentally!

How alive is the crowdfunding scene these days? Has it died down at all from when it exploded a couple years ago, or is it still going strong? Has covid hit the traffic behind it at all?

Asking because I may be listing something on it (or an alternative site) very shortly.

No idea if anybody's interested in microscopy but:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1702213282/the-microcosmos-microscope

It's a microscope developed by these guys. A wonderful channel with interesting, impressive, beautiful and fascinating videos of the microcosmos.

Sadly, this is way out of my price league so I won't be able to get one, but maybe one of you is interested or you know somebody who might be :)

51 minutes ago, drahkon said:

No idea if anybody's interested in microscopy but:

I checked that one, but clicked it away once I saw they reduced a microscope to a mere phone accessory.

I'd love a specialized microscope for photography purposes, but it would be be a pure niche hobby, so unless a big bag of money drops out of the sky..

I did like the look of this one, but didn't elaborately check.

On 25/02/2017 at 6:27 PM, Ashley said:

Dope as fuck game right here:

Narita Boy closes March 26th

Looks like this is getting close to release.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (which @Sméagol mentioned above, by members of the original Suikoden team and being helmed by series creator Yoshitaka Murayama) now has a publisher attached, and it's 505 Games. 

It's been great as a backer watching how transparent they've been about the development of the game (there's an entire section related to the realities of development), including not wanting to commit to too many platforms from the outset. It seems like Murayama getting the advice of IGA on how things went with the Bloodstained Kickstarter is paying off! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

A very odd Kickstarter for a release of Mission in Snowdriftland. It was an online advent calendar made for Nintendo's website a few years ago.