NEurope
Retro_Link

Kickstarter Projects Thread

Whilst I definitely agree having just seen it a few days ago, it isn't exactly general gaming :p

(its pretty cool though, def recommend!)

Oh god I'm so sorry, totally forgot to check the forum this was in! If this is a problem I'll remove the post immediatly?

IMO its doing no harm as a one off. I think Rummy may have been saying it to warn you it may not get much attention because of where it is, rather than unleashing the RummyRage.

Oh god I'm so sorry, totally forgot to check the forum this was in! If this is a problem I'll remove the post immediatly?

As Ash said! Tbh I think it's rather harmless here :p

It's Indiegogo rather than Kickstarter (maybe we should change the thread name?) but Secrets of Raetikon from Broken Rules is up: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/secrets-of-raetikon

For those that don't know, Broken Rules did And Yet It Moves on the Wii (and Steam and others) and Chasing Aurora on Wii U. This is going to be Steam though.

Anyway it made me think about one thing that annoys me about these kind of projects - cumulative rewards. For example, I really want the art book and the cheapest I can get that is $30 (PDF version) and with that I get my name in the credits and a soundtrack. Both fine, but neither are things I want. If there was two $20 options - one soundtrack and one art book - I think that would be much better.

I'll probably contribute anyway, but just wanted to moan.

Got my Mysterious Cities of Gold Wii U code today. I love receiving Kickstarter rewards.

Maker of Abobo's Big Adventure is making a game with his 8 year old daughter(with a proper amount of input, it seems). Sequel to some web based game called Chibi Knight, called Super Chibi Knight(but it'll be a PCMacLinux, not web, release). Only asking $6k too! Only $5/6 a copy!

Edited by Rummy

This looks pretty interesting.

Yep, I made my first kickstarter donation for these guys. Only made the cheapest donation that gets Act 1, but feels nice to contribute to something like this.

Fucked up and made a thread, then saw this one. Sorry!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaos Reborn

It's a hex based TBS, where you, as a wizard, summon from a random or selected deck of single-use spells. It has a playable multiplayer prototype to try, and it's super fun. Kind of hearthstone/advance wars inspired with high fantasy style. It needs a bit of a push to reach its goal, so if you're interested please do check it out and lay down a pledge.

here is the link to the playable prototype

Edited by Yvonne

A new Toejam & Earl!

Pretty cool but not a PC game for me. I want it on console so no kickstarting until it hits its goal and hopefully consoles become stretch goals.

Rollcage was the shit back in the days.

Keeping my eye on this.

Also "love" how splitscreen has become a selling point. :indeed:

Nes Compendium is almost at the final stretch goal of the lenticular slipcover. C'mon, c'mon!

Nes Compendium is almost at the final stretch goal of the lenticular slipcover. C'mon, c'mon!

I just pledged £52 towards it. :D

Though I don't know why I didn't pledge before now... that's a really awesome book plus an excellent soundtrack CD to go with it. :)

Ah well, it's closer to getting that lenticular cover now. ;)

Anyone planning on backing the System Shock Reboot kickstarter? I never actually played the original so I think I might as I would like to see what all the fuss was about. I'll probably download the demo tonight as well.

Here's a kickstarter for a Playstation documentary. According to Gaf their other documentaries are fantastic as well. I may have to check this one out.