NEurope
Retro_Link

Kickstarter Projects Thread

Thought it might be nice to have a thread to discuss various Kickstarter Projects, especially as they can sometimes span a wide range of gaming devices!

Also because they are beginning to turn up in various other threads on this forum, it would be good to have a place for them to go that's perhaps more appropriate/concise.

If they're big enough projects they can of course have their own thread in this board, which is more preferable anyway... like the Shenmue III one... or we can thread rip them into their own threads.

But this thread can be used to help bring others to peoples attention, or even just to discuss your thoughts and opinions on them...

... or for projects you'd maybe like to see! :)

So the thread is here as and when it's needed... go for it! :D

The first decent gaming-related Kickstarter I've seen is Soule Symphony No. 1, an album from a composer who has worked on many games, such as The Elder Scrolls and KotOR.

Edited by Cube

The first decent gaming-related Kickstarter I've seen is Soule Symphony No. 1, an album from a composer who has worked on my games, such as The Elder Scrolls and KotOR.

I had no idea you were behind The Elder Scrolls and Knights of the Old Republic. :o

I backed Project Obsidian.

Not sure how good it'll be, but decided that if I was going to keep complaining about the state of the games industry, then I should at least do something to help change it.

I backed Project Obsidian.

Not sure how good it'll be, but decided that if I was going to keep complaining about the state of the games industry, then I should at least do something to help change it.

Hopefully they can progress from that game to being able to make a KotOR-like game without being rushed or forced to release an unfinished product.

FTL says high.

I don't do drugs.

Anyway, I had no idea that was a Kickstarter project. I'll give it a try when they release a demo because the videos don't look like a game I'd be interested in.

(Unless it appears in a Humble Bundle. Then I'll be on it straight away).

I don't do drugs.

Wow, talk about a freudian slip. :P Time to hit the bong, I guess... it has been a few weeks.

The Big Blue. A spiritual sequel to Ecco the Dolphon, from the original creator. It will be an underwater action/adventure game. Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, The Walking Dead, The Sarah Connor Chronicles and more) will do the music.

HOORAY! Shovel Knight has been funded! :D

EIGfUSB.png

Edited by Dcubed

New Game from Metroid Prime Level Designer Hits Kickstarter

The lead level designer for the Metroid Prime series, Jason Behr (who also chipped in on Halo 4's development) is making a game with his new studio, Sunbreak Games. Or... he and his team would like to make a new game, but they're going to need your help to get started. Kickstarted, that is.

buddy-and-me-610x381.jpg

Sunbreak Games is trying to get a project called Buddy & Me up and running. They only have three days left to reach their $40,000 goal, and they're just barely halfway there. Right now the game (if it gets the funding it needs) will be made for iOS and Android, but if they get to $55,000, they'll actually make a Wii U version as well. Buddy & Me is being described as Jetpack Joyride meets Totoro... which actually sounds pretty epic, when you think about it.

Let's be honest, there are a lot of game projects on Kickstarter these days, all begging for a piece of your hard-earned cash. But if a new offering from one of the minds behind Metroid Prime - which he describes as a "nostalgic childhood buddy adventure in the forest" - sounds up your alley, you should consider giving this project a look, and maybe even throwing a couple of bucks its way to see it through to completion.

Here's the full page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1644707178/buddy-and-me/posts/453061

Looks charming! :)

I backed this project 2 months ago:

The kickstarter was quite succesful. But eventhough the Kickstarter is over, you can still pledge at the official site:

http://redthreadgames.com/chapters

I’ve pledged just enough for the cheapest physical copy, but I intend to up my pledge when I have extra money available. The game is slated (for now) for November 2014.

I’m sure there are more people interested in the game here, as it was here where I was convinced to get the first 2 games in the first place.

I want to see how the story ends, but I hope they put some of that money into designing good gameplay this time around.

This looks interesting to me, but I’m a bit late:

Lacuna passage

[Kickstarter]

2 hours left :P. But the project already raised its goal, so it’s all good! I haven’t backed it myself yet, purely because I’m not sure if I actually have the funds for it this month. I think I have, but well.. 2 hours to find out for sure :P.

I had not heard about that game, but had a quick look. It seems to have more of an simulation angle. This is about exploration, but also survival. You’re playing an astronaut, and there is a story involved.

Scale:

/widget/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no">

(wish I could embed the video) Ty Ash.

Think Portal...only instead of portals your gun can scale things. Up. Down. You appear to start out in a tiny prison inside a tiny prison inside a tiny...well, you get the idea. Worst of all...well, watch the trailer right to the end. What motivation!

Edited by Rummy

There is now! You need the unique code and title. For example, the one above would be:

[noparse][/noparse]

Which makes:

There's also [noparse]

EVERYBODY needs to see this (especially people who like adventure time). Bee and puppycat are awesome!

EVERYBODY needs to see this (especially people who like adventure time). Bee and puppycat are awesome!

Whilst I definitely agree having just seen it a few days ago, it isn't exactly general gaming :p

(its pretty cool though, def recommend!)

There is now! You need the unique code and title. For example, the one above would be:

[noparse][/noparse]

Which makes:

There's also [noparse]

Yesss Ashley! Also totes just learnt that you can do noparse, handy!