NEurope
Mokong

Happy St. Patricks Day 2013

Lá Féile Pardáig Shona Duit

Happy St. Patricks Day To You

happy-st-patricks-day-banner.jpg

Tis that day of the year once more when all the world seems to turn GREEN. The day of Ireland, St. Patricks Day.

Is anyone here doing anything particular for St Paddys Day?

Are you visiting Ireland?

Do you have Irish roots and intend to pay respects to your ancestory by getting drunk or seeing a parade?

Or if you are not Irish do you still like to pretend you are/mingle with a local Irish community for the day to give yourself an excuse that a few extra pints/shots is a must do!

Me it'll be a bit lo-key. Taking my son to the local town Parade. Then pending the weather maybe a walk on the beach and I think the local amusement park might have a few rides open (usually doesn't open till the summer). So hopefully that is the case and I'll take him there too.

Then my sister is coming to visit too so will be having a big family dinner where I shall cook my Sage Potatos-Au-Gratin.... pretty much the only "fancy" thing I know how to cook.

I also managed to get my traditional Youtube vid uploaded too. So please give that a view if you would like to this year learn of the story of how the Legendary Irish Hero called "Cú Chulainn" met his end!

Also interestingly as I found out today thanks to @edza St. Patrick himself was never officially cannonised as a Saint and is a "Saint" by name only. I never knew that :D

He also wasn't actually Irish and was more than likely Welsh (some think he may even have been French or Scotish....but never English :p), but that I did know before :)

Anyway hope everyone that is celebrating the day has a good one and that nobody wakes up in a ditch on Monday morning with a lack of memory of how they got there.... if you remember how you got there then that is fine : peace:

Go Raibh Maith Agat agus Sláinte!

I'm wearing green in celebration, and nursing a nasty vodka hangover... :heh:

day off tomorrow, scoooooore :D

So St.Pattie's is today, right?

Never saw anything about it back in Portugal, but near midnight, Irish students around here threw some fireworks in celebration.

And today, I helped a somewhat-Irish* dude with computer problems. Does that count as celebrating the day? :heh:

*(Not actually Irish, he's Chilean/Brazillian, but lived in Ireland for a while)

Is the public holiday the day after Saint Patrick's Day because everyone's going to be hungover?

I'm in Belfast but missed everything/couldn't be bothered to go watch. But then I'm English so don't really have a need to celebrate this day. I had a Guinness yesterday though. I like Guinness. :-)

Is the public holiday the day after Saint Patrick's Day because everyone's going to be hungover?

Public holidays are never on a sat/sun

So St.Pattie's is today, right?

Never saw anything about it back in Portugal, but near midnight, Irish students around here threw some fireworks in celebration.

And today, I helped a somewhat-Irish* dude with computer problems. Does that count as celebrating the day? :heh:

*(Not actually Irish, he's Chilean/Brazillian, but lived in Ireland for a while)

IT IS PADDY'S DAY, not PATTY'S DAY!!!

Please remember that, Patty's Day is the most cringe thing.

Used it as an excuse for a drink! Had work in the morning then spent almost all afternoon drinking at a leisurely pace with Jon Dedede(who's got irish roots) and Marcamillian, feeling mildly rough now. Hadn't had Jamiesons for a while, forgot how nice it is. Perfect round off to the day...father ted was on when I got in!

(then i bought a wii u whilst still a little drunk too, all in all...a good day!)

IT IS PADDY'S DAY, not PATTY'S DAY!!!

Please remember that, Patty's Day is the most cringe thing.

Oh come on, now...

...I said Pattie's, not Patty's :heh:

It's a day late because I was celebrating it yesterday but Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh! Happy (belated) St. Patrick's Day everyone!

I enjoy celebrating St. Patrick's Day because it's part of my culture (I'm half N.Irish) but it's got too commericalised over the last few years. Just like most things now the meaning of the day has become lost but having said that without Guinness hijacking the event it wouldn't have got the global recognition that it has now. I just heard today from a Japanese friend in Japan who celebrated it yesterday for example.

Next month is St. George's Day which is always a low key event and will always be dwarfed by the 17th March. Although Bombardier Beer and other English beers can step it up a bit.

Edited by sumo73

It's a day late because I was celebrating it yesterday but Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh! Happy (belated) St. Patrick's Day everyone!

I enjoy celebrating St. Patrick's Day because it's part of my culture (I'm half N.Irish) but it's got too commericalised over the last few years. Just like most things now the meaning of the day has become lost but having said that without Guinness hijacking the event it wouldn't have got the global recognition that it has now. I just heard today from a Japanese friend in Japan who celebrated it yesterday for example.

Next month is St. George's Day which is always a low key event and will always be dwarfed by the 17th March. Although Bombardier Beer and other English beers can step it up a bit.

Ohhh n.irish, whereabouts?

Spent the day drinking pints to a live band in a pub back in my home county.

Cracking stuff like the Frames, Horslips, Tom Petty etc.

Due to having three kids under 4 and not going out much anymore, I was a bit overdressed for the occasion though. I prefer to see it as looking "sharp" though as I quite enjoyed the lusty country girl comments and walked away thinking "yeah, still got it"...

Doesn't matter that they were beat by the ugly hurl at all at all! :D