NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: The Official Thread For The Ultimate Game

Its arrived from Shopto :-). But ive gotta cook me tea before the MK League. Will then play after .

Nice. Btw, someone said you can access the farm from online, is this true?

Nice. Btw, someone said you can access the farm from online, is this true?

Yes it is :)

Yes it is :)

Awesome. Can't wait for tomorrow, still about 16 hours left... o_O

Which Weapons are available from the start?

I remember on Tri some like the Switchaxe and Longswords had to be unlocked after certain points... is it the same here?

Anyone?.......

Liking this new stuff...
MsYi54W.jpg

Very cool. :awesome:

WOW.

Love that Weapon usage stat table.....COME ON TIME......MOVE IT!

Anyone?.......

They're too busy playing, I see. What I remember, every weapon should be available from the start...?

Anyone?.......
They're too busy playing, I see. What I remember, every weapon should be available from the start...?
Sorry. :heh:

Yeah, every weapon is available by the looks of things and you get 1 of each type in your item box. :hehe:

I switched from SnS to Lance to Horn (bagpipes :laughing:).

How do you change weapons? Ive just had to get some raw meat for the chiefs son. I dont really get what I have to do or where to go. Is online and offline two completely different games?

Sorry. :heh:

Yeah, every weapon is available by the looks of things and you get 1 of each type in your item box. :hehe:

I switched from SnS to Lance to Horn (bagpipes :laughing:).

That's interesting seeing how SwitchesAxes and Long Swords had to be unlocked on the Wii game.

I think I'll prolly try the Dual Swords first before I get down and dirty with my Switchaxe fetish again :D

How do you change weapons? Ive just had to get some raw meat for the chiefs son. I dont really get what I have to do or where to go. Is online and offline two completely different games?

Assuming the Village has the same layout as in Tri on the Wii (I don't have MH3U yet...hurry up tomorrow!), go to your "bedroom" in the village, next to the bed is a chest, open it and you can manage all your items there. Put stuff in for stores or take stuff out if you need them (like potions and honey etc....).

From the menu that opens up when you first interact with the chest there should be an option for "Manage Equipment" from there you can change your weapon to another weapon you have stored in your box... same goes for armour parts.

On your very first time playing it can seem very daunting, I (and everyone) were the same on our first MH experiences.

If you are venturing online I recommend making a post in the online thread saying you are and if anyone is up to join you/can you join anyone (or just see if anyone is already online in the game and try jump to them).

That way you should have some friendly help with getting to grips with the online basics (or refer to that little guide I made in the first post on the online thread.... when I get the game tomorrow I'll try make a more detailed guide to help new players out once I see what is different/remember better where things are)

I cant get off screen play to work, is this something thats being patched in tomorrow? Girlfriend is watching some horrible surgery show and the 3ds transfarring tool isnt available yet...

I cant get off screen play to work, is this something thats being patched in tomorrow? Girlfriend is watching some horrible surgery show and the 3ds transfarring tool isnt available yet...

Isn't that an April patch, just like the EUR / US crossplay?

Anyway, download purchase is up now.

April?!? aw pants T-T At least the transfer thing should be up soon lol, now that my gf has gone to bed the Tv is all mine ^_^

As Ville said, unfortunately the Off-TV play comes in the next patch in April. Would have been nice to have it tomorrow though. There's international football on tomorrow evening. Would have been nice to be able to both watch the Ireland match and keep playing MH3U....football will win out this time it seems

Thanks for the games tonight @Hero\-of\-Time and @lostmario, it was a lot of fun. :)

Thanks for the games tonight @Hero\-of\-Time and @lostmario, it was a lot of fun. :)

Indeed. Team N-E tanked it tonight. I would have stayed on longer but my eyes were bleeding after a 10 hour straight session. :)

That 3 monster quest was epic. I honestly thought we weren't gonna do it when we were fighting Giggi.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Thats the transfer tool available on the estore now, downloading as i write this, let the transfarring begin ^_^

Just transferred my Wii U save file to the 3DS version and back again using the transfer tool, it works a treat, now I have no excuse not to be playing Monster Hunter in my spare time. :D

Finally, I GOT THE FRIGGIN' GAME!

Just to let you know : D

Get in! Although in GAME prices are £49.99 for U and £39.99 for 3DS, bit steep! Although the guys behind the counter couldn't have been more enthusiastic about it, saying they reckon Nintendo may have underestimated how well this could do and ignoring the Gears banter going on around them. HOWEVER...no t shirt!! :( almost went Batman on them "WHERE IS IT? WHERE'S MY TSHIRT? SOMEBODY KNOWS!"

Save data transfer app is a bit confusing at first. You have to delete any save data you have on the Wii U version before you can do a 3DS to Wii U transfer.

After that though, it works as advertised :D. Bit strange that it doesn't seem to transfer DLC though (you have to redownload it it seems.

downloaded 3DS version last night..

can someone please help. Where is the equipment menu?

How do I change weapons?

Started the 3DS version download last night but it was taking too long and I went to bed so left it to download while I'm at work. Should have brought it with me.

Random question, does the disk version make any one else's Wii U make an odd grind-y noise?

Still confused why it was having issues with my HDD.