NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: The Official Thread For The Ultimate Game

There's no way that I'm messing with the clock on my Wii U for the sake of these 'Charm Charts' maybe I don't quite fully understand their importance yet but I got by quite happily for sixty-plus hours without using them, I'll most likely start using them soon though but it doesn't sound like not using them is exactly game-breaking at this point.

Why has the Wii U been known to die after changing date/time settings?

I have a feeling I do enjoy messing with my armour skills so I will likely try the time thing. But as I said if I get it wrong I'm not gonna bother resetting and starting again.

Really tempted to get this! Never played a Monster Hunter game before but this sounds like a good starting point :)

Out of interest, does the Wii U version feature off TV play? I only play handhelds in bed so tempted to just get the Wii U version if it has off-TV play. That and I can play online of course.

It will when they release a patch which they said is coming in April.

Pretty much, yeah.

Don't think you even need to worry about setting the time to midnight at first, just the date to 21/1/2012.

RNG stands for Random Number Generator.

Cool.... now just to decide if I want to go for table 1 or 6 is what I have it narrowed too. Table 6 seems to have the better Handicraft charms....so prolly that.

Off-TV play is the biggest sell for me. Ive only one TV at my place and my flatmate does a fair bit of TV watching. It's the reason I've hardly played ZombiU, off-TV play is the best thing about the WiiU for me!

Cool.... now just to decide if I want to go for table 1 or 6 is what I have it narrowed too. Table 6 seems to have the better Handicraft charms....so prolly that.

Btw man, what armour skills did you use with the switchaxe? Did you ever try Evade Distance? I mean while searching armour skill topics here and there I noticed some people were saying that they couldn't even imagine using the SA without that...

Btw man, what armour skills did you use with the switchaxe? Did you ever try Evade Distance? I mean while searching armour skill topics here and there I noticed some people were saying that they couldn't even imagine using the SA without that...

I actually didn't

I mainly just focused on handicraft. Then pending on what I was hunting I'd have an armour with Tremor Res, Wind Res etc. (Think my Wind Res set I actually used a long sword)

Then there was my "Biker Set" which was set up for just for pure power... mainly for reducing the population of Jhen Mohrans, haha.

Never really bothered much with Evade and Evade Dist skills.... I seemed to get on fine without them anyway :D

Think I might load up MHTri later on the Wii and check what kind of Charms I had on my main armour sets there then check which table on Ultimate best matches what I might need.

I was all about the perception skill. I would let my team be the buff guys while I would let them know when to capture. I love that skill.

I was all about the perception skill. I would let my team be the buff guys while I would let them know when to capture. I love that skill.

Oh yeah I forgot about perception, yeah that was a must for Capture quests.

Had I think 2 sets set up for that.

Was really good when you would help "new players" out. If they were doing a quest that I was way over powered for I'd just sit back and give them tips on how they were doing and what to do keeping an eye on if the monster was ready to be captured

Oh yeah I forgot about perception, yeah that was a must for Capture quests.

I used it all the time. It ends the quests quicker and it gives you better rewards.

The only time I didn't use it was when fighting Ala or Jhen.

Metro gives it 7/10.

It's not the greatest review but it is quite honest. What I mean by that is that it clear when reading that the reviewer isn't already super absorbed into the world of Monster Hunting and gets a few things wrong but it reads like how I would imagine someone who was picking up the game for the first time, or who never really got to grips with Tri, might feel.

Think I might load up MHTri later on the Wii and check what kind of Charms I had on my main armour sets there then check which table on Ultimate best matches what I might need.
I just did that :D:

9uV8im7.jpg

Man, I wish I could transfer over some of those and all that Zenny to Ultimate. :hmm:

While I was on my Wii I decided to have a few hunts too. Ended up hunting...

Great Jaggi x3

Diablos x2

Royal Ludroth

Barroth

Qurupeco

Lagiacrus

Felt good to take out those monsters again. :hehe:

I am sooooooo hyped for Ultimate now. :bouncy:

Come on ShopTo, do your thing!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

7B5uH4O.gif7B5uH4O.gif7B5uH4O.gif7B5uH4O.gif

ftLEKU6.gif

just have to be on the 3DS for me just now, can't justify the buying of a Wii U currently so I won't be able to join you guys in online play, still looking forward to the game though :)

Why has the Wii U been known to die after changing date/time settings?

Probably not, but you never know... so I'd rather just leave things as they are. :)

Eh... It's not bad, but still nowhere near as good as the MH Tri ads. BRING BACK IRONBEARD!

Edited by Dcubed

So the yanks have now got the game and have been doing the charm table trick. For those interested, here's what you do.

For example, if you want T10: set your clock to 12:12AM. As soon as you set it, make sure you start your stop watch right away. Then, start the game up and put the cursor on "New Game". Wait until your stop watch goes to 2:43 and hit New Game right away. All set for T10 ;)

So the yanks have now got the game and have been doing the charm table trick. For those interested, here's what you do.
Think I've changed my mind about doing the charm table time trick, gonna just start the game normally and hope for the best.

If I'm unlucky and get a crappy table, I'll just counterbalance it with this :heh::

jaggiemask.gif

:laughing:

Think I've changed my mind about doing the charm table time trick, gonna just start the game normally and hope for the best.

If I'm unlucky and get a crappy table, I'll just counterbalance it with this :heh::

jaggiemask.gif

:laughing:

Good man!

There are sooooo many people fretting over it in Neogaf and Gamefaqs. It's crazy! Hell, there were times on Tri that I would run around on a quest in my little under garment shorts. Pfft who needs charms! :)

irdcfXU.jpg

Hahahahahaha!! :laughing:

Gotta love those fake 3DS screens that are super visible even in direct sunlight. :heh:

That's made my day. :hehe:

So the times are the same as what @Ville posted then?

Do you still have to change date to Jan 21st 2012?

I'm gonna try the time trick thing just cause its not gonna be much hassle to change the time and wait a few mins and I'm likely not gonna bother trying to check if it worked or not... least not right away anyway :heh:

Is there a day one update too that will have to be downloaded first? Or would ya be better to do this without the update then update later?

Is there a day one update too that will have to be downloaded first? Or would ya be better to do this without the update then update later?
I believe there's a day one update for USB Keyboard support.

Doubt it makes any difference to the time trick though.

Monster Hunter shopping channel :heh::

But where's Ironbeard at? :sad: Sort it out, Capcom!

Poor form that one I thought.

The Ironbeard promos were so much more epic and relevent!

They better have a new Ironbeard video in the works

Awesome launch trailer

That's more like it (for an ad/promo lacking Ironbeard).

Felt like even without Ironbeard though it still could have done with his slogan.

In Life There's Hunters and THEN There's Monster Hunters!!!

(Yes I will be saying that alot in both typing here and when I'm in the game)

Come on Shopto... ship my game already!

Please don't make me have to wait until Friday :cry:

My thoughts exactly lol, they should have it out to us by Thursday but im really hoping for Wednesday ^_^ The N Europe review has me even more excited now, just reminded me of how much the game was the first time around.

Come on Shopto... ship my game already!

Please don't make me have to wait until Friday :cry:

Tell me about it. My Gears of War has started processing yet MH hasn't budged. :(