NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: The Official Thread For The Ultimate Game

Yeah, this arrived today. Managed to create a Hunter, walk around the village, find my room, play around with the menus a bit, bought a few herbs and a bug net, then found out how to save, changed to a bow, finally saved. Time for work, can't wait to go looking in the woods for the young whippersnapper.

Cheers @Ville That is an awesome collection of tips!!! I think I'm the only onw who really enjoys playing this on my own, going in the woods, sorting out my box, addicted to combining (going to save myself loads of time now I realise you can combine new combinations straight from the list rather than experimenting!!!) etc.

I'm never going to be able to dedicate hundreds of hours in a short space of time, but I can see myself playing it constantly for the next year or so; almost like an animal crossing game!

Haha, no problem man. I do enjoy the relaxed pace of single player as well, it's nice balance for the rapid fire questing that is multiplayer. I think the addition of Kayamba (+ Cha-Cha) makes soloing much better now, have even done some g-rank quests on my own when there were no farming cities to find.

Btw, @RedShell what do you think are the best masks damage-wise in the game? I'm using False Felyne and the Ultimate Mask now, but have no idea how the others compare with those...

I can't be bothered with the offline... I find it too boring at first, I really can't bring myself to do the early quests out of sheer boredom!

Although as a result I have absolutely no resources! Haha

I can't be bothered with the offline... I find it too boring at first, I really can't bring myself to do the early quests out of sheer boredom!

I look forward to the off TV play patch arriving so I will see you more online. :)

It's crazy, there's quite a few people playing this now on here but I've only quested on a regular basis with lostmario and Mokong. I imagine RedShell would be on more but he's also addicted to the offline. :D

Btw, @RedShell what do you think are the best masks damage-wise in the game? I'm using False Felyne and the Ultimate Mask now, but have no idea how the others compare with those...

Rather than damage I go for skilled masks. The trap mask is amazing and comes in really handy. I got to use it twice during the Mark of a Hero quest.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

Btw, RedShell what do you think are the best masks damage-wise in the game? I'm using False Felyne and the Ultimate Mask now, but have no idea how the others compare with those...
From what I can tell so far (with Cha-Cha at Level 45) the absolute best Mask for attack power is the Rathalos Mask. :cool:

My Cha-Cha with that mask currently has an attack stat of 344 (with no abilities selected), 481 (with Attack Boost and Hunter) and 584 (with Attack Boost and Last Stand)!

It's also a much safer mask to have them wear than the False Felyne, although you still have to watch out for the occasional fire ball! :laughing:

Not only that, but you get free Sonic Bombs by using the signal and triggering the Shakalaka version of a Rathalos roar! :heh:

I imagine RedShell would be on more but he's also addicted to the offline. :D
This is very true. :hehe:

I'm reaching the point where there's not much more I can do offline though, so I'll soon be playing online a lot more. :)

I'm trying to balance the online and offline so neither portion is easier or harder. I'm also being really anti social online, but I love it so much I don't want the experience weakened, I'm truly paranoid that I'll fight alongside people who'll clean up the monsters while I do fuck all. Though I've played with good ranked people a few times and it's still awesome, so maybe my paranoia is a little unjustified.

I completely agree. Offline I cannot stand. Ive said before if there was no online element then I think I would have taken the game back.

Having said that there has been a reduction of people playing online meaning im often in the online room by myself anyway :-/

Oh @dazzybee I wouldnt worry im crap and chief gimp so you will be fine.

I enjoy both modes, offline is more for me to collect resources and grind bits of my armor, i enjoy playing along with people more, some of the laughs you just cant get offline. Cant wait until offline play comes along, it will make getting online about a million times easier.

I completely agree. Offline I cannot stand. Ive said before if there was no online element then I think I would have taken the game back.

Having said that there has been a reduction of people playing online meaning im often in the online room by myself anyway :-/

Oh @dazzybee I wouldnt worry im crap and chief gimp so you will be fine.

Can always rely on you :)

Can always rely on you :)

Except for tonight. Im in rage mode after coming back from watching "football" at Bramall Lane. So im off to bed.

Finally, did the first Moga Village request, fixing the Base Camp by earning resources. Killed 10 Jaggi's with a bow, long range and close A swipes. Good fun. Spent about 2 hours collecting mushrooms, honey, Jaggi's, buying herbs, messing around with HUD on the GamePad. I like to see my Health and Stamina bars on the main screen, but everything else on the Gamepad. Then, found out how to combine items to make potions, etc. Got my first BBQ on the go, burnt the meat, after 3 go's I got a Well-done steak!!, but no more since, all rare.

Wow, this game is good, but after 2 hours this morning, I have literally done fuck all. This game might well last me until the next generation. Still a bit too scared to go online yet. No armour or weapon upgrades yet, so I'll do a few more of those Village quests first.

Next, I'm off to fetch some iron ore, to forge new weapons. Does you pouch get bigger in this game? Already I walk around and have to choose what to swap in and out of it.

Does you pouch get bigger in this game? Already I walk around and have to choose what to swap in and out of it.
Your pouch doesn't, but the main item box can be upgraded to a larger capacity several times by purchasing books from the shop in Moga Village.

You shouldn't carry around non-essential items really, try to make a habit of always transferring the stuff you've collected to the item box every time you return from a quest or trip to D.Island.

Really you only need to have some pickaxes and bug nets on you if you're just gathering, and a few potions, whetstones and traps if you're gonna be hunting.

And when you're given the option at the quest results screen, be sure to send items to your box, rather than putting them in your pouch. :)

Finally, did the first Moga Village request, fixing the Base Camp by earning resources. Killed 10 Jaggi's with a bow, long range and close A swipes. Good fun. Spent about 2 hours collecting mushrooms, honey, Jaggi's, buying herbs, messing around with HUD on the GamePad. I like to see my Health and Stamina bars on the main screen, but everything else on the Gamepad. Then, found out how to combine items to make potions, etc. Got my first BBQ on the go, burnt the meat, after 3 go's I got a Well-done steak!!, but no more since, all rare.

Wow, this game is good, but after 2 hours this morning, I have literally done fuck all. This game might well last me until the next generation. Still a bit too scared to go online yet. No armour or weapon upgrades yet, so I'll do a few more of those Village quests first.

Next, I'm off to fetch some iron ore, to forge new weapons. Does you pouch get bigger in this game? Already I walk around and have to choose what to swap in and out of it.

For the brief time I played the Wii version I remember the initial resource gathering, but I'd already downloaded the DLC extras (3DS) and started with 5000 resource points. Useful YES, but it felt like I'd cheated...

For the brief time I played the Wii version I remember the initial resource gathering, but I'd already downloaded the DLC extras (3DS) and started with 5000 resource points. Useful YES, but it felt like I'd cheated...

Don't worry they won't last long :heh:

Off Screen play update is coming out on the 16th, next Tuesday!

Brilliant news! I was hoping we'd not have to wait too much longer!

Was messing around with some gems trying to see what some of the new skills do.

Tried the "Biology" skill.... it's pretty much the same thing as "Antiseptic"

Antiseptic makes you immune to both Slimeblight and Stench

Biology also makes you immune to Slime and Stench but also improves your chances of getting monsters to leave when you use dungbombs (and raises dungbomb combination to 100%...though if you carry 10 doubt anyone as ever found themselves wanting to combine more mid quest)

Don't see what the point of the two skills is? They should have just used Biology (as it slightly better) and cut Antiseptic

I'm trying to get the Sheathing skill onto one of my sets (makes you put away weapons faster) but keep ending up one slot short.

I have a Sheathing +4 Charm with 2 slots need 6 points to get the skill but only 5 slots :mad:

Found a Sheathing +5 Charm then but it only had 1 slot so again left me short 1 slot :heh:

I'm trying to get the Sheathing skill onto one of my sets (makes you put away weapons faster) but keep ending up one slot short.

I have a Sheathing +4 Charm with 2 slots need 6 points to get the skill but only 5 slots :mad:

Found a Sheathing +5 Charm then but it only had 1 slot so again left me short 1 slot :heh:

Why don't you just make a new set for that skill?

According to the charm app there are 1679 possible solutions for getting that skill without having to use any charms/gems at all!

It looks like Nibelsnarf armour is the way to go.

Yeah but I wanted to get it on one of my most used sets (Aelucanth X or Brachy X)

I've just added it to my Ivory Lagi Set to try it out with.

Speed at which I can put away my switch axe now with this skill could make or break getting to a potion in time in heat of battle :)

Brilliant news! I was hoping we'd not have to wait too much longer!

Yup, finally can watch the footy while hunting.

I guess i'm the only one who isn't happy with the servers merging though. I like the fact that we have a great community on the Euro servers. I can see this getting destroyed when the yanks invade. :(

So I discovered last night that the Artillery Mask (or rather the "ammo" being shot out of it) has slicing ability. :cool:

I was doing the Desert Warfare quest where you have to hunt Rathian and Barroth, and Cha-Cha shot Kayamba directly at Rathian's tail, it came flying off upon impact! :D

There was another great Artillery Mask moment on that quest when taking on the Barroth, Cha-Cha & Kayamba killed it with a cannon blast!

The freeze frame on the rewards screen was awesome. :hehe:

Yup, finally can watch the footy while hunting.
Maybe you can, but if I so much as blink while hunting by the time I've opened my eyes I'm back at base camp! :laughing:

I guess i'm the only one who isn't happy with the servers merging though. I like the fact that we have a great community on the Euro servers. I can see this getting destroyed when the yanks invade. :(
Just setup a password protected city to keep the yanks out. :heh:

Just setup a password protected city to keep the yanks out. :heh:

Yeah, but I enjoy playing with randoms and talking with new people. So far it has been great and everyone has been really friendly and helpful. Given my experience on Xbox Live over the years, I can just see the US players being arrogant and general douche bags.

Yeah, but I enjoy playing with randoms and talking with new people. So far it has been great and everyone has been really friendly and helpful. Given my experience on Xbox Live over the years, I can just see the US players being arrogant and general douche bags.

I would say I think it's just the Xbox and nintendo fanbases, and to an extent that's true; but playing a bit of Need for Speed it's the yanks who ruin the experience, but at least there's a mute button!!

Is this thread in danger of turning a little racist :)

Wouldn't that be the more "CoD" type US player.... surely the MH players would be different given the game is a co-op rathar then a vs type thing?

I'm actually open they just set up a new "World Server" thing for if you want to hunt with "worldwide hunters" so we'd have the basic "Euro" World then pick the FreePlay/Expert/G Rank/Recruiting part.... and then a seperate "Worldwide" server with its own FreePlay/Expert/G Rank/Recruiting servers... but that might be too much to ask for :heh:

Edited by Mokong