NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: The Official Thread For The Ultimate Game

You say "threw a tranq bomb"

Are you throwing just one tranq bomb?

You need to hit monsters with 2 tranqs while in trap to catch them

And of course they need to.be weakened sufficently too

oh... didn't know I needed to throw 2, I'll give that a try :D

EDIT: Made a bone armour set then tried my hand at the quest again, trapped it in a shock trap then threw 2 tranq bombs and I caught it. Thanks Mokong!

Edited by f00had

Sorry for the bump

Needing some help, what ingrediants are needed for crafting the Goldenfish bait?. I know you need fireflies (where do you find them), what's the other one called?

Sorry for the bump

Needing some help, what ingrediants are needed for crafting the Goldenfish bait?. I know you need fireflies (where do you find them), what's the other one called?

Actually you need Mega Fishing flies which can be caught with the bug net around Deserted Island. The other one are Snakebee larvae which can be gathered from pretty much any bee hive.

Hot diggity damn! That's an effing AMAZING deal (the Ultimate deal even? ;) )

You'd be stupid to not pounce on that ASAP! (Hell I already have it in disc form on Wii U and physical + freebie digital on 3DS and even I'm tempted to get the Wii U digital one for the hell of it!)

Edited by Dcubed

I would've been all over this if I wasn't round my girlfriends until Monday without my WiiU!!! She's working late tonight so might have to make the trip home just to download while I wait for her!!!!!

Just downloaded the digital version of the 3DS game. Tried the transfer data from Wii U to 3DS no prob's. Played around on the 3DS and all was good. Then, loaded up the Wii U and it told me that the data was locked due to being transferred to the 3DS. Still no problems. Tried to a transfer the other way from 3DS back to Wii U, but kept on getting an error, saying the data from the Wii U and 3DS versions were different and that I needed to delete the Wii U data. Couldn't find the Wii U delete data option. After looking through the electronic manuals found the delete option was by pressing L, R and X for 3 seconds in the Options menu. All done and transferred.

I don't have to do that every time I want to transfer do I? Was it a one-off?

Anyway, the only disappointment I have is that when I transfer data, it transfers all 3 save files. I would very much like the option to transfer just one save file, so my son and I can play 2 Player and have the ability to save our progress individually on each separate machine. ATM if I transfer from the 3DS to Wii U the data on the 3DS is deleted. So, I transfer to the 3DS and then the data on the Wii U is locked so you can't save progress for your character on that. Is it too much to ask to have the choice of transferring only a single character save file across to the handheld and then playing together? Is this possible?

Other than that the 2 player session we had was awesome, just didn't save the Wii U users data.

Just downloaded the digital version of the 3DS game. Tried the transfer data from Wii U to 3DS no prob's. Played around on the 3DS and all was good. Then, loaded up the Wii U and it told me that the data was locked due to being transferred to the 3DS. Still no problems. Tried to a transfer the other way from 3DS back to Wii U, but kept on getting an error, saying the data from the Wii U and 3DS versions were different and that I needed to delete the Wii U data. Couldn't find the Wii U delete data option. After looking through the electronic manuals found the delete option was by pressing L, R and X for 3 seconds in the Options menu. All done and transferred.

I don't have to do that every time I want to transfer do I? Was it a one-off?

It's just a one off. Otherwise it just works flawlessly as you'd expect. The bottom screen Panel layouts are also stored individually for each version and are automatically assigned to your current layout whenever you transfer your data over :) (obviously you don't need that D-pad on the Gamepad for camera control, so you can replace it with something else on Wii U and it wont mess up your bottom screen configuration when you're playing the 3DS version! :D )

Unfortunately though, you do have to transfer all 3 save files over at once (since it just copies the entire save file over). There's no way to use it to share your copies of the game with someone else.

Anyway, the only disappointment I have is that when I transfer data, it transfers all 3 save files. I would very much like the option to transfer just one save file, so my son and I can play 2 Player and have the ability to save our progress individually on each separate machine. ATM if I transfer from the 3DS to Wii U the data on the 3DS is deleted. So, I transfer to the 3DS and then the data on the Wii U is locked so you can't save progress for your character on that. Is it too much to ask to have the choice of transferring only a single character save file across to the handheld and then playing together? Is this possible?

Doesn't your son have his own account on the Wii U? My brother sometimes plays Monster Hunter on my console, I don't see any of his save files when I'm logged in with my account though.

Doesn't your son have his own account on the Wii U? My brother sometimes plays Monster Hunter on my console, I don't see any of his save files when I'm logged in with my account though.

Good idea, didn't even think about doing that. He doesn't have his own account, but we will give it a try soon, and I'll report back soon.

Thanks.

Both games have a 50% discount on the eShop until the 22nd

I haven't played MH(or in fact my Wii U) for ages but that's such a tidy bargain I don't think I can resist! Absolutely the sort of thing Nintendo needs to continue trying because I totally wouldn't have got it otherwise.

EDIT:Shiiiiiiiiiiit, totes need a bigger SD card for this. Damn.

I haven't played MH(or in fact my Wii U) for ages but that's such a tidy bargain I don't think I can resist! Absolutely the sort of thing Nintendo needs to continue trying because I totally wouldn't have got it otherwise.

EDIT:Shiiiiiiiiiiit, totes need a bigger SD card for this. Damn.

I know... had to get rid of everything on my card and think I need one with a higher speed anyway.

Both games have a 50% discount on the eShop until the 22nd

And after 6 hours of playing since buying it last night, you are now officially my scapegoat for any tests I fail this semester~

Thanks for the tip bud :D

A little disorientated playing this at the moment but enjoying it. I'm having major problems with what I hope is my SD card making the music all stuttery but it's leading to the occasional crash which is really annoying.

Had to completely wipe the game after downloading it the first time and then reinstall it. Thank fuck a new SD card is on it's way as I rage quit after it crashing after playing for a couple of hours last night!

Edited by Jamba

A little disorientated playing this at the moment but enjoying it. I'm having major problems with what I hope is my SD card making the music all stuttery but it's leading to the occasional crash which is really annoying.

Had to completely wipe the game after downloading it the first time and then reinstall it. Thank fuck a new SD card is on it's way as I rage quit after it crashing after playing for a couple of hours last night!

Hope it works out for you. I put in about 50 hours on the WiiU, but put it down due to other games taking precedence. Now, through the 1/2 price deal, on the 3DS, I'm loving it again. I think this game is far better suited to the handheld, except for lack of online, as I can slam it in sleep-mode whenever I want. Roll on MH4, handheld and online.

Yeah, it's your SD card. Had no problems with the 3DS version running from my SD card but my HDD for my Wii U I had originally had issues and ended up having to buy a powered one.

Somewhat furious to realise now that because I didn't have space on my SD card at the time, it didn't actually fucking purchase the game for later download. Hence I totes missed out on the offer, because it's a fucking retarded setup.

Jarring. Absolutely jarring. I also now have £18 fucking quid on my 3DS account that I can't be sure I'll ever fucking spend. Wank setup.

Plus the fact I bought a fucking SD card I didn't need. FUCK. CUNTS.

Somewhat furious to realise now that because I didn't have space on my SD card at the time, it didn't actually fucking purchase the game for later download. Hence I totes missed out on the offer, because it's a fucking retarded setup.

Jarring. Absolutely jarring. I also now have £18 fucking quid on my 3DS account that I can't be sure I'll ever fucking spend. Wank setup.

Plus the fact I bought a fucking SD card I didn't need. FUCK. CUNTS.

Duuuuuuuuude... ball suckage indeedy. :hug:

Actually just tested it by packing out an SD card and trying to download something - whilst it mentions 'freeing up blocks' and that it can't download/purchase due to lack of them - it's major sucky that it happened. Given that I thought adding funds to meet the purchase meant, well, that I was meeting it, I am rather annoyed. WTF IS THIS SHIT NINTENDO WHO DESIGNS YOUR SYSTEMS.

You genuinely could not buy something unless you have space. This is fail in time-limited offers or if something, god forbid, exeeds the size of your SD card.

I've been waiting all week for this. I am somewhat crushed. I can't get over this and I don't know why.

Edited by Rummy

Dusting off the cobwebs of this thread. It hasn't seen any loving for quite some time. Another reminder to all MK8 owners that this is what you should purchase with your free code. I could tell you all about why but I'm too lazy and nothing will do a better job than referring you to the monster 1st post in this thread. Get the game folks, you won't regret it.