NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: The Official Thread For The Ultimate Game

Gives you an excuse to finally start playing online more!
Indeed it does. :)

Still need to get my HR6 stuff done! :o

600+
Nice. :awesome:

I can handle the attacks of Lagi, its those two together than do me in. Theres no place to run to heal.
You could always use a farcaster, or even better (i.e. cheaper) use the Idol Mask for multiple and free warps to the safe area. :D

Has anyone gotten any Rusted Fragments from the ships? What destination did you get them from? I mean I would need a few now, but all I can get are the Large ones. Been doing treasure hunting on different locations, but no luck thus far...

Has anyone gotten any Rusted Fragments from the ships? What destination did you get them from? I mean I would need a few now, but all I can get are the Large ones. Been doing treasure hunting on different locations, but no luck thus far...
I have a Rusted Fragment in my item box, yeah. No idea where I got it from though, sorry. :blank:

What's it used for anyway? I was going to sell it, but it's only worth 180z. :heh:

I have a Rusted Fragment in my item box, yeah. No idea where I got it from though, sorry. :blank:

What's it used for anyway? I was going to sell it, but it's only worth 180z. :heh:

You need them for the Artian armor X, both Large and Rusted Fragments. Got all the larges, but still not a single rusted one, wth...

Finally found the armor i want, but the catch...its mega rare, its the Mosghari set. It requires bumblepumpkin which is a bloody 5 star trade with that captain! i need at least a dozen of them....looks like im going to be playing this for a long...long...long time...

Think I might regret buying this.

BECAUSE IT SEEMS AWESOME. I've only played for like an hour/done 3 quests, but yeah, I can totally dig where this is coming from methinks. Demo definitely doesn't do it any justice, and tbh I'm still so new to it! There seems to be so much stuff to get my head around, but it seems fun. Liking the characters, and it's nice to have something HD and vibrant, not just muddy greens browns and beige. The opening looked awesome(with the water) and yeah, I think I'm really gonna like this game.

I started high rank offline quests tonight. That Purple Ludroth can go FUCK RIGHT OFF TO THE CRACK OF HELL IT WADDLED OUT OF.

Difficulty spike much?

Think I might regret buying this.

BECAUSE IT SEEMS AWESOME. I've only played for like an hour/done 3 quests, but yeah, I can totally dig where this is coming from methinks. Demo definitely doesn't do it any justice, and tbh I'm still so new to it! There seems to be so much stuff to get my head around, but it seems fun. Liking the characters, and it's nice to have something HD and vibrant, not just muddy greens browns and beige. The opening looked awesome(with the water) and yeah, I think I'm really gonna like this game.

Ive played for about 80 hours and still havent a clue what im doing.

Kill stuff, get stuff, make stuff - rinse and repeat? I'm hoarding like...everything at the moment though, not sold much - don't know what might be useful later or not.

I started high rank offline quests tonight. That Purple Ludroth can go FUCK RIGHT OFF TO THE CRACK OF HELL IT WADDLED OUT OF.

Difficulty spike much?

No worries, it'll only get more fun from that point onwards. You're gonna be so very delighted I can just imagine your happy, shining face right now.

Kill stuff, get stuff, make stuff - rinse and repeat? I'm hoarding like...everything at the moment though, not sold much - don't know what might be useful later or not.

Whor...erm, yes, hoard everything. Most of the stuff in the game can be used for something later, so being a hamster does help.

Whor...erm, yes, hoard everything. Most of the stuff in the game can be used for something later, so being a hamster does help.

But what about making money! I'm contemplating getting the bone scythes, but I'm wondering about how much money I'm going to need down the line - especially given a few claws and stuff say they should be sold in bulk, or aren't worth much, when they're a few hundred z.

The update is live! :awesome:

Think I may come back from my mini gaming hiatus. Off-Screen play is a huge help for me!

Off-screen play is nice, but I'm too used to playing on the 3DS now. It feels weird to have the screen between my hands. The UI is also ridiculously small - wish they'd scaled it a little better. That's right, I just can't be satisfied.

I haven't actually tested the parameters of the gamepad yet but if I can bring this thing into my living room on the gamepad then It's just changed my life for the better

The off-screen play is awesome for just doing some gathering/Mystery Pot Mask grinding while also watching TV. :D

I'd never attempt to actually hunt something while multitasking though (well, maybe a Great Jaggi :heh:), I'll leave that to the expert hunters. :hehe:

Skipped the update because I was just too eager to play some more. How much single player is in this game really? Or is it kinda of limitless? Did a couple of quests, but then started just popping into the forest for a few bits here and there. Wanna work my way to those next scythes up methinks, though I don't know what gives me a couple of the items. I'm still having fun! It's so strangely addictive!

EDIT: @Mokong X\-C, do you know where I can find out my table if I've gotten my fishing results, and also which tables what? I ran it through some web page and I think I got table 10 but then I got some errors and I wanted to double check/see what it means.

EDITYEDIT: Nvm, think I've found out now. Seems I'm on 10, which is apparently one of the most preferred! For anyone struggling with the online/site that helps determine via fishing, there's a downloadable exe out there somewhere that does the same job. Can try to find it in my history if anyone wants.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

The off-screen play is awesome for just doing some gathering/Mystery Pot Mask grinding while also watching TV. :D

I'd never attempt to actually hunt something while multitasking though (well, maybe a Great Jaggi :heh:), I'll leave that to the expert hunters. :hehe:

Indeed. After lostmario joined Zechs and Kav I tried out the off-screen play. I just did a bt of Moga Woods hunting while watcing the Arsenal Vs Everton match. :D

Tried off-screen play for a bit, didn't hunt just did some stuff in Moga Village. Kinda odd using the Gamepad + pro controller. :laughing.

Text is maybe a bit small on the screen but at least it's not the blur-o-vision font they used on the 3DS.

Had a week away back in my hometown catching up with friends and family, was brilliant, and finally, finally I think I have the first signs of monster hunter fatigue, 130 hours in!

Fought the baleful Gigginox in solo earlier, just wanted it done and didn't feel like I enjoyed it. Up this point however it's been one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life!! My mate back home has the 3DS version as well and we found ourselves on a similar level at the start of last week. Brachydios, Deviljho, Jhen Moran, Azure Rath (or Joe Hart as we called him, being the cover star and all...) all fell by the way side, and we capped it off by fighting down to the wire with goldbeard Brian Blessed to rank him up to HR6 before I had to come back to London tantalisingly close to hr6 myself!

Some epic memories made with some of you guys on here before I went home, and now the legend of monster hunter has got me hook, line, and sinker, what a game. Favourite moment of last week was doing the three plesioths in a row challenge in flooded forest. We did the whole thing in about 10 mins, but the second one didnt take us a minute, it just floated in between us as we caved its head in, it couldn't go anywhere! :)

Sooooo damn epic!

jXVem.gif

Just for convenience here's that trailer: