NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: The Official Thread For The Ultimate Game

Going online now if anyone's around? Only low-level questing tho I'm afraid!

Need to farm the Lagiacrus now to progress the story, not looking forward to that. Should be able to handle the hunt quest. I could upgrade my bow first but I need a Scalding Pleura from Agnaktor, might jump online and hunt him since the upgrade would help a lot (or farm Lagiacrus online I suppose).

Farmed Volvidon last night and made his armour though I'm not too impressed with it.

Never thought I would be happy to get Cha-cha back but he helps a lot with distracting monsters. Plus his and Kayamba's interactions are rather amusing.

Im on that Laggy quest just now, keep killing the damn fool by accident, he never wants to jump up on the land for me to catch him lol. Maybe i need to use a weaker weapon...

edit - ive literally hit a brick wall on this quest, its the only quest i have left to do so i cant progress until i finish it, but i cant seem to get him to go up on land a second time to capture him. I either end up killing him in that room with all the Ludroth (in the cave with the beach) or i float around with him not able to hit him for fear of killing him and i run out of time. Can anyone suggest anything? Typically im smashing his face in with a great sword until he starts moaning and swimming away and then if i hit him like 6 more times he dies, but he never goes anywhere i can capture him.

Edited by Kagato
stuck

Is it me or is Caedeus much harder in this game than in Tri? I've failed 4 times on this quest now! (First 3 times I failed to get into area 3 and the last time I failed to rout him, despite hitting him with the dragonator twice and breaking off one of his horns)

Funny how all the single player monsters seem much easier than their original Tri counterparts, but I just can't beat Caedeus! UGH! :shakehead

Is it me or is Caedeus much harder in this game than in Tri? I've failed 4 times on this quest now! (First 3 times I failed to get into area 3 and the last time I failed to rout him, despite hitting him with the dragonator twice and breaking off one of his horns)

Funny how all the single player monsters seem much easier than their original Tri counterparts, but I just can't beat Caedeus! UGH! :shakehead

I never played Tri, but it's funny as I beat him first time and actually thought it was a slight dissapointment becuase of that, never felt in trouble at all.

However my mate text me last night with the exact same issue, going so far as to say the game was broken and he refused to play it anymore!! I was using a fire element weapon so I can only presume that weakened him more than I realised.

I found him easier, in fact every monster seems to be easier in this game.

I found him easier, in fact every monster seems to be easier in this game.

Yeah, they've obviously nerfed all the single player monsters (I guess that's what High Rank/G Rank quests are for!), but it's just Caedeus that I seem to be struggling on for some bizzare reason! I'm even using a lighting element dual blade and I STILL can't do enough damage. It's just plain weird!

Im on that Laggy quest just now, keep killing the damn fool by accident, he never wants to jump up on the land for me to catch him lol. Maybe i need to use a weaker weapon...

edit - ive literally hit a brick wall on this quest, its the only quest i have left to do so i cant progress until i finish it, but i cant seem to get him to go up on land a second time to capture him. I either end up killing him in that room with all the Ludroth (in the cave with the beach) or i float around with him not able to hit him for fear of killing him and i run out of time. Can anyone suggest anything? Typically im smashing his face in with a great sword until he starts moaning and swimming away and then if i hit him like 6 more times he dies, but he never goes anywhere i can capture him.

You can capture in water too, just need a shock trap. Thunderbug + trap tool.

You can capture in water too, just need a shock trap. Thunderbug + trap tool.

I only just realised that at 2am last night, was getting stressed out and flying through my items for a potion and noticed the trap wasnt crossed out whilst in the water. For some reason i had it in my head that i could only trap monsters on land, d'oh! ^_^

My 3DS just crashed on me again whilst fighting the green and yellow rolley in the Volcano, took me 20 mins to get him drooling and the game crashes, it has to be the cart at this point, ill need to see what shopto do about returns. No one else is getting this are they?

Had a great weekend on this.

I started off by aiming to get the Abysall Lagi armour. It wasn't hard to find people who wanted to do the quest, seeing as only a handful of people have it available.

Throughout Saturday morning people who couldnt get the quest themselves were coming in and out, doing the quest and cleaning house, before sodding off. Me, the guys with the quest, was getting sod all. Frankly I got sick of it all and took my quest and left.

I found a town with other people my level and decided to quest with those people who had earned the quest themselves. These guys had decent weapons and armour which made for quick farming. After a good couple of hours of farming I managed to complete the set.

armour_zps43a08935.jpg

I also had enough over to make the GS, which looks amazing and actually opens up when on it's 3rd charge.

I spent the rest of the day working through my Advanced missions. It took ages and I still barley made a dint in them. You think you are making progress but them BAM another quest appears.

Today I decided to crack on with the offline mode. I finished up my remaining quests and unlocked the Mark of the Hero quest.

Here you are in the arena and are pitted against Ivory Lagi, followed by Punchy and Azure Los at the same time. The thing about this is that the beasts all have + health but their attacks are actually G ranked.

It's not that hard really. I managed to take down Lagi and then I just let Punchy kill Los. Seriously, Punchy destroyed Los when he was in rage mode. I must have put a couple of shots of him and Punchy did the rest. :D

Finishing this off unlocked Alatreon but I have yet to have a crack at him.

I jumped back online and started to work through more of my Advanced quests. I still haven't finished them all but i'm getting there.

In the process of doing my missions, this happened.

100_zps729c266a.jpg

Purple Power!

purle_zps7d10d8d0.jpg

I also found out what the unity level and VE Tickets do. The more you play with someone the higher your unity. As this increases the tickets get better and better. When you get gold tickets you can trade these in for rare stuff like rubies. Eventually you will get cosmic tickets which trade for things like mantels and palliums. Depending on which Veggie Elder you trade it with you will get different stuff. So if you want a Punchy ruby or Pallium then go trade with the VE at Tundra.

Well done HoT

Does the purple name at rank 100 mean it tops out at 100? or does it still keep going like in Tri?

I also found out what the unity level and VE Tickets do. The more you play with someone the higher your unity. As this increases the tickets get better and better. When you get gold tickets you can trade these in for rare stuff like rubies. Eventually you will get cosmic tickets which trade for things like mantels and palliums. Depending on which Veggie Elder you trade it with you will get different stuff. So if you want a Punchy ruby or Pallium then go trade with the VE at Tundra.

So that's what that is all about. Awesome... must check my item box, I'm sure I have a few of some sorts saved up... wonder if I have one that'll give me a Lrg Wyvren Stone? :heh:

Well done HoT

Does the purple name at rank 100 mean it tops out at 100? or does it still keep going like in Tri?

Nah, still keeps going. I also keep getting new quests every time I go up another 10 ranks .I have no idea when these will end either.

Tried Ala last night and he kicked my butt. The first time I died really early so I restarted. The second time I fought him for 40 mins and he eventually beat me. There are some ballistas to use but getting time to pick them up and use them is another matter. There is also a binder some where but again you don't get the time to scout about and have a look for it.

I will have another crack at him tonight....

Maybe they stop at HR125? I mean you do get an award for reaching that...

Been completing the village quests, got 1-6★ done now. Upgrading my gunlances while I'm at it, got slime, fire and dragon maxed out and going for the ice element next. Armor set has guard+2, artillery expert and mind's eye. Pretty functional for the gunlance, as I can now blast away without caring for the sharpness.

Btw, how have you guys been making money this time? Seems that nulberries are the way to go; with maxed out farm and some dung, 10 rounds with 3 cats brings about 28k money, and only for 600 resources.

After killing the Lagiacrus, I'm beginning to suspect the residents of Moga Village will never really be grateful for my valiant efforts.

"SHIT BE HAPPENING, HURRY INTO THIS FUCKING VOLCANO, ONLY YOU CAN SAVE US oh yeah by the way thanks for killing that lil' tyke out in the water you know the one that was terrorising us in our dreams every night for like a month VOLCANO HOT, HURRY HURRY!"

Fuck you, Moga Village.

Btw, how have you guys been making money this time? Seems that nulberries are the way to go; with maxed out farm and some dung, 10 rounds with 3 cats brings about 28k money, and only for 600 resources.

I just sell items from monsters that I don't plan on needing for anything (aside from any rare rare stuff)....or from low rank monsters whose parts I likely won't be needing for armour at G Rank... Rathian parts make good money and I had a ton :D

I'd been farming Godbugs. 3x 10 rounds gets you around 40k, but costs 3000 in resources! :eek:

Have switched to Nulberries now. :hehe: Cheers for the tip. :)

I just sell items from monsters that I don't plan on needing for anything (aside from any rare rare stuff)....or from low rank monsters whose parts I likely won't be needing for armour at G Rank... Rathian parts make good money and I had a ton :D
That's what I really want to start doing, trouble is I just don't know what I can safely sell and what I should keep. :hmm:

By the way, for those that enjoy using Cha-Cha & Kayamba, I found out there are a couple of cool armour skills that work with them.

The first one "Team Player" increases their Attack and Defence stats, it also speeds up recovery time. icon14.gif

And then there's "Team Leader", which allows you to instantly call back a Shakalaka that's feinted simply by using the Cheer gesture. :) It only works once every 10 minutes though.

If I use Team Player with Cha-Cha rocking the Rathalos Mask and Kayamba using the Ultimate Mask, they have a combined attack stat of 767!! :o That's with a mask mastery level of 4, and they're are currently at level 44 overall, I believe the MAX overall level this time is 50. Gonna be interesting to see what their final stats end up being. They might be able to solo Brachydios! :laughing:

I already had them take out a Great Jaggi and a Rathian by themselves. :heh:

I already had them take out a Great Jaggi and a Rathian by themselves. :heh:

Cha-Cha took out a Royal ludroth once. He trapped me in a corner and he died while I was trying to escape.

He also finished off Diablos, he jumped out from under ground hitting Diablos. Just saw a slow motion of Cha-cha dropping back to the ground after the hit with the objective complete sign. :laughing:

Cha-Cha took out a Royal ludroth once. He trapped me in a corner and he died while I was trying to escape.

He also finished off Diablos, he jumped out from under ground hitting Diablos. Just saw a slow motion of Cha-cha dropping back to the ground after the hit with the objective complete sign. :laughing:

Hehehe! I love moments like that. :hehe:

I remember quite early on when I started playing the game, my Cha-Cha cut the tail off a Lagiacrus, I was so impressed. :D

Do we know if the Shakalaka helpers are gonna be in MH4 or not? I seriously hope they are.

Can anyone please help me beat the hr 5 urgent Caedeus ?

i tried and failed 3 times last night and waited for hours to get a room of people to help me but they kept quitting :(

Just took out 2 Great Jaggi in D.Island at exactly the same time using my latest awesome/ridiculous weapon, the Cornpopper Gunlance! :heh:, check out how they ended up:

jaggilol.jpg

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This game... is genius. :grin:

After killing the Lagiacrus, I'm beginning to suspect the residents of Moga Village will never really be grateful for my valiant efforts.

"SHIT BE HAPPENING, HURRY INTO THIS FUCKING VOLCANO, ONLY YOU CAN SAVE US oh yeah by the way thanks for killing that lil' tyke out in the water you know the one that was terrorising us in our dreams every night for like a month VOLCANO HOT, HURRY HURRY!"

Fuck you, Moga Village.

More like mugga village to keep risking our lives for these ungratefull buggers

Alatreon is dead!!!! Took me half an hour but he has fallen. That's all offline quests completed now and I have now unlocked Hallowed Jhen.

Alatreon is dead!!!! Took me half an hour but he has fallen. That's all offline quests completed now and I have now unlocked Hallowed Jhen.

Well done. Have you basically completed it now except the odd online quest?

So there are certain things I'm trying to get a sense of. With regards to fish is it better to get the resources (very small) or money (a little bigger) I presume it depends on what you want to do but just wondered which was better value if they're both equality important.

The boomerang. Is it as shit as it seems?

Steel egg. Are they any use or do you just sell them (get resources), same with crowns gemstone. What about rusted fragment, levitation coins, medal vouchers,cat vouchers?

And how about monster bits that you know you don't want the armour/weapons of? Do they have other uses?

I just don't want to get rid of stuff I may need... Slowly but surely I'm understanding the game though. Takes a while doesnt it :)

So there are certain things I'm trying to get a sense of. With regards to fish is it better to get the resources (very small) or money (a little bigger) I presume it depends on what you want to do but just wondered which was better value if they're both equality important.

The boomerang. Is it as shit as it seems?

Steel egg. Are they any use or do you just sell them (get resources), same with crowns gemstone. What about rusted fragment, levitation coins, medal vouchers,cat vouchers?

And how about monster bits that you know you don't want the armour/weapons of? Do they have other uses?

I just don't want to get rid of stuff I may need... Slowly but surely I'm understanding the game though. Takes a while doesnt it :)

Well, my personal policy is to not sell any monster parts since I might just need them in the future. I mean plans do change, suddenly you want to try a different weapon, need a special armour set, etc. Also, as you probably have noticed already, many crafting pieces require materials from several monsters, not just one. So in my mind, it saves a lot of time not selling anything...

Fishing: get the fishes. You might need them in surprising places. If you want to make money, send the fleets to hunt for treasure.

Steel and gold eggs: well, in Tri you could sell them with no worry, although now you do need them for some late game crafting pieces. Have sold all thus far...

Pittance fang, Wyvern gold etc: these you get from moga hunts sometimes, and the description always tells you can make money by selling the item. So sell away.

Crown gemstone, don't sell separately, but combine with the crown base (?) for better profit.

Rusted fragments are used to make a line of special armours.

Leviathan, Beast and other arena coins are used to make certain special armours, like the Guild set.

Medal Vouchers and other event "documents" are used to make event weapons / armour.

Commendations, Conqueror Seals, Chum-Chum tickets: used for crafting / jewel-making.

Pawprint Stamps: needed for some masks and felyne weapons.

----

In short, almost everything has some kind of use in this game. For money, I do quests and mass produce nulberries at the farm. You can also sell duplicate rustshard weapons that you get from mining etc.