NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: The Official Thread For The Ultimate Game

Started playing the demo of this last night, deleted it three minutes later. I must be missing what's so great lol, seemed clunky, unpolished and generally boring to me.

I totally agree with the others, honestly, if i hadnt already played the game on psp and Wii before hand the demo would not have won me over. The game does not reward you outright, infact it almost seems to punish you for trying to play it like other games, its only when you have sunk some time in you realise just how good the game is.

Ive probably already said this before but its definetly not a game for everyone, the game revolves around killing giant bosses, skinning them, using their bits to make armor to fight bigger bosses etc. Of course there is the gathering of resources, teaming up with friends, cooking, forging, lots of stuff that will take a huge amount time but in the end, is hugely enjoyable.

Well my holiday is now over and it's back to work for me tomorrow. :shakehead

Here's my final stats for my marathon sessions.

stats_zpse6a73403.jpg

With me reaching HR70 today I was finally able to fight Abysall Lagi. Ive only seen one person with this quest but they locked the town so nobody could enter. Me being the kind hearted person I am, I allowed anyone to fight the thing. Needless to say the town was very popular and many people were very grateful for me allowing them to it fight it.

In single player mode I have 3 more quests to do before the G rank arena battle and then Ala. This should unlock Hallowed Jhen Moran, which is the only new beast I have yet to face. Although my mate fought Ala today and said that the fight is a little different.

Armour wise I have picked up these beauties.

dire_zps3670e882.jpg

los_zps3115ee3a.jpg

Although those two are the rarer sets, I still prefer and rock this one.

zin_zps9f0fcdf4.jpg

Had a good session with @lostmario before. We hooked up with my mate and nephew and each took turns picking a quest. We eventually ended up doing a double Jho arena quest. It was G rank and it was utter chaos! At one point I couldn't stop laughing and completely lost the plot of the mission. We did end up gaining victory though.

@Hero\-of\-Time I didn't even know there had been 175 hours since the game was released, that's CRAY!!

HR 70!? My near 50 hours spent on just getting to HR3 (and the Ancient Mask in single player) feels so pitiful lol!

It's in his name.

Just look at the mans title! "Hero for Hire"

wide-eyed+shock+gif.gif

This game continues to amaze me. :smile:

I just did the Jhen Mohran quest offline with Cha-Cha & Kayamba! :D

So unbelievably awesome. Seeing Cha-Cha using the Ballista had me in hysterics! :laughing: And once the final phase began, Kayamba (wearing the False Felyne Mask) ran off towards Jhen chucking his bombs. The size difference made it so damn funny. :grin:

But that wasn't to be the end of the comedy, oh no. ;)

After the Jhen hunt, I obtained a new Shakalaka mask...

I stuck it on Cha-Cha and headed out to Deserted Island to take it for a test drive.

Went to Area 5, where I was greeted by a Great Jaggi and Royal Ludroth. I gave Cha-Cha the signal and watched on in amazement as he transformed into a cannon. Then Kayamba ran over to the cannon and jumped in, a few seconds later he's blasted out and hits Royal Ludroth right in the face! At this point I'm literally crying with laughter. :laughing:

What an awesome idea for a mask. Seriously Capcom, how'd you come up with this stuff? :heh:

I continued to use the Cha-Cha cannon for quite a while after that, had to wait for Kayamba to revive each time though. That's right, the cannon makes whichever Shakalaka that gets shot out of it faint... instantly!

Managed to kill the great Jaggi with a spectacular Kayamba cannon shot!

My God this new mask is entertaining. icon14.gif

I don't think I'll ever get bored of using it. :hehe:

Capcom weren't kidding when they stuck the word Ultimate in the title, this game has sooooooo much stuff going on it's just incredible. icon14.gif

I somehow left the three star quest to capture a Fire Orville out, so went back to dish out a smack down on the clicky winged fucker.

All is going well, until he sings his stupid song. I'm all like, NO BIG DEAL. A GREAT JAGGI IS NO MATCH FOR ME THESE DAYS.

I just keep clouting it into submission, ignoring the Great Jaggi where ever he is. Suddenly there's a huge roar, causing my heroic warrior to freeze on the spot.

Wait, Great Jaggis don't roar and cause you to freeze on the spot...

Rathian.

RA-THI-AN.

The Great Jaggi came sauntering along a few minutes later, pretty sure they used it's claws to nail shut the coffin containing my crushed, burned, poisoned corpse.

FUCK YOU FIRE ORVILLE.

Edited by Guy
Automerged Doublepost

dire_zps3670e882.jpg

What is that and how do I make it?????

I stuck it on Cha-Cha and headed out to Deserted Island to take it for a test drive.

Went to Area 5, where I was greeted by a Great Jaggi and Royal Ludroth. I gave Cha-Cha the signal and watched on in amazement as he transformed into a cannon. Then Kayamba ran over to the cannon and jumped in, a few seconds later he's blasted out and hits Royal Ludroth right in the face! At this point I'm literally crying with laughter. :laughing:

What an awesome idea for a mask. Seriously Capcom, how'd you come up with this stuff? :heh:

I continued to use the Cha-Cha cannon for quite a while after that, had to wait for Kayamba to revive each time though. That's right, the cannon makes whichever Shakalaka that gets shot out of it faint... instantly!

Managed to kill the great Jaggi with a spectacular Kayamba cannon shot!

My God this new mask is entertaining. icon14.gif

I don't think I'll ever get bored of using it. :hehe:

Capcom weren't kidding when they stuck the word Ultimate in the title, this game has sooooooo much stuff going on it's just incredible. icon14.gif

One thing I'm sure bout as I don't pay much attention to the Shakalaka's skills.... how do you signal them to make them do stuff? Is it just the "beep" thing you do to tell people where you are?

I somehow left the three star quest to capture a Fire Orville out, so went back to dish out a smack down on the clicky winged fucker.

All is going well, until he sings his stupid song. I'm all like, NO BIG DEAL. A GREAT JAGGI IS NO MATCH FOR ME THESE DAYS.

I just keep clouting it into submission, ignoring the Great Jaggi where ever he is. Suddenly there's a huge roar, causing my heroic warrior to freeze on the spot.

Wait, Great Jaggis don't roar and cause you to freeze on the spot...

Rathian.

RA-THI-AN.

The Great Jaggi came sauntering along a few minutes later, pretty sure they used it's claws to nail shut the coffin containing my crushed, burned, poisoned corpse.

FUCK YOU FIRE ORVILLE.

It seems we share a common enemy... Tag team??

Anyway, I then got my teeth into a couple of guild quests. Gathering? Pfft ill do a couple of those then go to the big port, fry some bigger fish. I start up the quest: Playing with fire. I fight endlessly with an oversized chicken with a red belly, and I'm dodging, slicing and generally making this guy my bi*ch. it comes down to me using all my herbs, whetstones and I think I've got it on the ropes. I turn around and there is this (unexplained) HUGE dragon which has just shown up and fancies a piece of me. To which I try to run away, but can't because it tears me a new one.

Can anybody explain what just happened?

What is that and how do I make it?????

One thing I'm sure bout as I don't pay much attention to the Shakalaka's skills.... how do you signal them to make them do stuff? Is it just the "beep" thing you do to tell people where you are?

The armour is from the big bad boss of the game. It's your HR 7 urgent.

Yeah, just hit the signal button to get them to do stuff, at least that works for the trap one. I use that one all the time. :)

Yeah, you just use the beep thing.

Y button for Kayamba and X for Cha-Cha. :smile:

The new masks are still coming! This one is courtesy of the latest DLC quest where you need to deliver 3 eggs:

Kebab-boo Mask! :heh:

steakmask.jpg

Apparently it helps to attract large monsters to traps. :hehe:

In other Shakalaka news, my helpers have now reached MAX Chum-Chum Level! :yay:

chumchummax.jpg

Not sure how I'll obtain Chum-Chum Tickets now though (figured they were tied to this stat, but I guess not), because I still need more of those for weapon upgrades. :blank:

It seems we share a common enemy... Tag team??

I share your pain. Let's destroy these assholes.

One hour till I get home and can fire this back up again. Today has been a nightmare. I feel like I've just come off crack or something. :D

Game Beat!! :yay:

That's right, beat. Not finished or completed, I don't think those scenarios exist for MH3U. :heh:

Anyway, hunting the Ivory Lagiacrus is the final quest you need to complete offline in order to trigger the staff credits and obtain the...

...Ultimate Mask! :awesome:

This thing is CRAZY! Cha-Cha or Kayamba basically become invincible, able to block every single enemy attack without fail!! :oAnd dish out the kind of punishment that some human players would at times envy, myself included. :laughing:

The other great thing when you beat the game is the ending movie. Man, the ending is superb as it is, but if you've played Tri then it's a million times more entertaining. ;)

I captured it and have just stuck it on YouTube, will add it here too but spoiler warning... obviously.

Genius. Using the intro from Tri for the ending of Ultimate. :D

Things are about to get interesting now though, I noticed that the next urgent village quest is...

...Deviljho! :shakehead

Could never defeat him solo on Tri, so not looking forward to taking him on in Ultimate. But this time I'll have the help of the Shakalaka's! So you never know. :hehe:

I've spent over 50 hours on this and I'm only HR3... but I'm proud saying I'm only HR3! I could've raced through the HRs but I've enjoyed the game so much hunting with the lower ranks and the newcomers to the game. I've made sure I've not upgraded my things so I'm not overpowered in any way and I've really enjoyed hanging back and helping others, prioritising them as opposed to myself. That's the best thing about this game for me!

Can anyone tell me what the 3DS/WiiU save sync process is? I had assumed that it was a case of (being modern and) saving on one machine with the save appearing on the other automatically.

Can anyone tell me what the 3DS/WiiU save sync process is? I had assumed that it was a case of (being modern and) saving on one machine with the save appearing on the other automatically.

You download an app from the 3ds estore and use that in conjunction with the "transfer" option on the Wiiu version of the game to pull your character backwards and forwards from the two versions of the game. Its not perfect and im sure if there is a Monster Hunter 4 for WiiU it will be done better, but thats how it is for now. Its worth bearing in mind that the original 3ds version, Monster Hunter 3g was not an online game in Japan and they have bolted these things together to allow us to overcome the limitations.

This absolutely ended me tonight...

@kav82: "I think I beat you on length @Mokong X\-C but you beat me on girth."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Obviously referring to their respective sizes of "hunting horn"

Legends.

Game Beat!! :yay:

That's right, beat. Not finished or completed, I don't think those scenarios exist for MH3U. :heh:

Anyway, hunting the Ivory Lagiacrus is the final quest you need to complete offline in order to trigger the staff credits and obtain the...

...Ultimate Mask! :awesome:

This thing is CRAZY! Cha-Cha or Kayamba basically become invincible, able to block every single enemy attack without fail!! :oAnd dish out the kind of punishment that some human players would at times envy, myself included. :laughing:

The other great thing when you beat the game is the ending movie. Man, the ending is superb as it is, but if you've played Tri then it's a million times more entertaining. ;)

I captured it and have just stuck it on YouTube, will add it here too but spoiler warning... obviously.

Genius. Using the intro from Tri for the ending of Ultimate. :D

Things are about to get interesting now though, I noticed that the next urgent village quest is...

...Deviljho! :shakehead

Could never defeat him solo on Tri, so not looking forward to taking him on in Ultimate. But this time I'll have the help of the Shakalaka's! So you never know. :hehe:

Jho seems to have been nerfed so you shouldn't have any issues taking him down.

That last cutscene was hilarious and brought a smile to my face while watching it.

I've spent over 50 hours on this and I'm only HR3... but I'm proud saying I'm only HR3! I could've raced through the HRs but I've enjoyed the game so much hunting with the lower ranks and the newcomers to the game. I've made sure I've not upgraded my things so I'm not overpowered in any way and I've really enjoyed hanging back and helping others, prioritising them as opposed to myself. That's the best thing about this game for me!

Agreed. There's a great deal of satisfaction gained from helping people in this game. I often run into random a town, see what they want doing, help them with a couple of quests and then move on to the next one.

I would like to hunt with you guys but there seems to be 'No Hero Allowed' policy. :(

Speaking of helping, I had a good 4 hour session with my nephew and @lostmario last night. We were just helping Lost get through the last of his missions and up to the final battle. As usual many laughing fits were to be had.

The biggest laugh of the night was me thinking Lots had put a Darth Vader helmet on his Cha-Cha. My nephew started going on about force choking Jho and at that point I completely lost it. Once again I had to turn off my headset during to laughing far too much.

The final battle was amazing. poor Lost was just running around trying to find an opening and when he did finally manage to see one he would either get smacked by the beast or upswung by me. It took a lot longer than expected but victory was ours and Lost broke through the HR barrier.

We also fought a MASSIVE Nibelsnarf in the area. This thing was huge. He took up like a 3rd of the arena and when he did his spinning sand blast there was no escape from him.

Mokong joined later on and we did a couple of quests with him. We had to endure my nephew getting all excited about his bowgun, saying that it was a beast of a weapon. He then wanted help as he was getting butchered by Sand Barioth, only for me to reply " Why don't you use your amazing weapon?" :laughing:

It was getting late and it was bed time for me. No more late night sessions for HoT. :weep: Although come Friday I will be on till early hours again. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Rathian down. GIVE ME YOUR INNARDS, Dinobitch. YOU'RE MY BITCH NOW.

Soon I will ride you into battle against other, larger, more pissed off monsters!

Jho seems to have been nerfed so you shouldn't have any issues taking him down.
Really!? He seems as mental as ever to me. :heh:

You must be right though, because I beat him on my first try. With a little help from my helpers of course. :laughing:

Talk about giving me a huge Jho for my first one though! Check it out:

jhow.jpg

That last cutscene was hilarious and brought a smile to my face while watching it.
Brilliant isn't it?

At first I was just like, this is cool because it's Cha-Cha and Kayamba...

...going after the Ultimate Mask, but then when they went outside, and I saw the Aptonoth stampede, I was like "this looks familiar".

:D

Did you watch the other Movie that gets unlocked with the ending/credits, the one that combines footage from the game with real life nature scenes? That was a pretty cool video as well I thought. :)

[quote name=RedShell;1552684Did you watch the other Movie that gets unlocked with the ending/credits' date=' the one that combines footage from the game with real life nature scenes? That was a pretty cool video as well I thought. :)

[/quote]

Not yet. Where do I find this video at?