NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: The Official Thread For The Ultimate Game

That post is gold.

Anyway meat wouldn't tempt them, they're herbivores like you said. I noticed something though, after I went out an killed some monsters (not on a quest, just left the village normally) I returned back to the village and spoke to the chiefs son (for resource points) I sometimes get dung as well, can't remember which monster this was from but you should give it a go.

That post is gold.

Anyway meat wouldn't tempt them, they're herbivores like you said. I noticed something though, after I went out an killed some monsters (not on a quest, just left the village normally) I returned back to the village and spoke to the chiefs son (for resource points) I sometimes get dung as well, can't remember which monster this was from but you should give it a go.

Hahaha!! Oh shit yeah of course they didnt touch the meat! I forgotten about that!

That post is gold.

Yeah that was from the Herbivores, as I was trying to tell @Blade (though obviously he didn't listen properly :heh: haha), if you kill a realy big one you will then get Super-Sized Dung from the Chiefs son

So I just had another pretty good night helping my friends with getting certain items but just as I was about to go offline someone joins with the character 'Lexia' and the game freezes :/ I didn't lose anything but it was annoying as I had to pull the plug on the Wii U.

Now I'm hoping that it was just a coincidence or a glitch because if it isn't then this means that Monster Hunter will suffer from the dreaded 'FSOD' that plagued PSO on the DC and GC, I really hope not but it sure seemed very similar. :hmm:

So in order to do this thing for the farm I needed to obtain a super sized shit. @Mokong X\-C explained to me that I get one from the herbivore things in the forest.

So I go to area two and slaughter the herbivores and carve them. Nope i dont obtain a super sized shit but raw meat instead.

So i thought..."I know I will wait for one of the herbivores to have a shit"

I waited for about 40 mins, watching this herbivore and waiting for it to have a shit. I watched it eat grass, drink water, go to sleep but not once did it have a shit. I even laid down some meat thinking that it would eat it and maybe cause a bowel movement. But no shit came!

Quite possibly the funniest MH related post of all time. :bowdown:

Mokong told me about this last night, but reading it on here still had me in stitches. :laughing:

Brilliant. :D

Not sure if anyone is playing this on 3DS, but if you're a non-3D gamer like me and are sick of everything looking blurry with 3D switched off, disable 3D from the start screen options menu. It'll stop the game rendering the picture twice for the 3D effect and while the anti aliasing will be removed resulting in a slightly sharper picture, the frame rate will jump up.

This doesn't help with the issue of the ugly-as-sin font though - what a horrible decision that was.

Thanks, never bothered to check the options. The frame rate has definitely improved like you said. The thing is, I like playing with the 3D on, but since I still don't have a CPP I have to keep reaching for the dpad or the digital dpad eitherway, this looses the sweet spot which is even worse as you get into serious fast-paced battles.

I'll go back to 3D when I get the CPP.

Also, that text choice is disastrous. My eyesight is fine, but even I have trouble reading it. What I find is that the 3D actually makes the text more readable this is when it's set to around the halfway mark on the 3D slider.

Yeah, the 3D definitely helps making the text more legible and looks beautiful, but I keep tossing and twisting the console around as if I'm playing Mario Kart so that sweet spot is pretty elusive.

I'd love to give this a whirl with the Circle Pad Pro XL if I can find it anywhere in stores, the touch screen camera is fine on land but it destroys me when I'm forced to venture UNDER DA SEA.

That said, I really like the portable version of this game and that's not just because my girlfriend has hijacked the Wii U version/TV and left me option but to go portable for my on-demand Monster Hunter fix. My initial fears were that the game would be too confined, but the simple interface and gameplay style really lend themselves well to a handheld. The franchise is primarily portable in Japan and previous versions, right? The ability to close the console and essentially 'PAUSE' a quest is also so welcome, makes picking it up/putting it down throughout my change-fest of a commute a breeze.

On another note, is anyone else finding the 3DS version extremely hard to find in store? I went to several HMVs and GAMES and none had any left. Some didn't even get any in the first place. I eventually went for the eShop version despite the frown worthy price. The ability to always have a game like this on the system is pretty damn handy and I can see myself eShopping more titles in future, especially since the prices are now pretty much in-line with what you'd pay new at GAME.

Edited by Guy

So I just had another pretty good night helping my friends with getting certain items but just as I was about to go offline someone joins with the character 'Lexia' and the game freezes :/ I didn't lose anything but it was annoying as I had to pull the plug on the Wii U.

Now I'm hoping that it was just a coincidence or a glitch because if it isn't then this means that Monster Hunter will suffer from the dreaded 'FSOD' that plagued PSO on the DC and GC, I really hope not but it sure seemed very similar. :hmm:

Assuming no one else has experienced this then I guess I can just put it down to some sort of glitch, just beware though. : peace:

So in order to do this thing for the farm I needed to obtain a super sized shit. @Mokong X\-C explained to me that I get one from the herbivore things in the forest.

So I go to area two and slaughter the herbivores and carve them. Nope i dont obtain a super sized shit but raw meat instead.

So i thought..."I know I will wait for one of the herbivores to have a shit"

I waited for about 40 mins, watching this herbivore and waiting for it to have a shit. I watched it eat grass, drink water, go to sleep but not once did it have a shit. I even laid down some meat thinking that it would eat it and maybe cause a bowel movement. But no shit came!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Came to in here to post that this is the best thing I've ever read. (today)

So jealousings of you guys. Tempted to get 3DS version.

Anyone got advice for beating Lagiacrus? I'm doing my HR1 Urgent Quest (paused atm) and so far Im avoiding the big hits but whenever I come in close to attack I can't get more than 1 or 2 hits before it blazes off into the underwater sunset. It's just too fast.

Assuming no one else has experienced this then I guess I can just put it down to some sort of glitch, just beware though. : peace:

Hasn't happened to me. Although I haven't played much online so I hope it is just a glitch. Last thing I want is the Wii U freezing up on MH.

Hahaha, that's brilliant : D I do have a consolation story for you, though.

You know how other players can be sent for quests in the offline port? Ok, well I sent you in a party of 4 to fight some terrifying G rank monster. Back you come, hanging your head; quest failed. Well I go check the quest rewards and about the only thing there is Dung. I'm thinking "man, did you guys just crap your pants or what?" : D

Got 20 minutes left on the clock, 1/3 of my health bar remaining and 1 Mega Potion. I did however manage to cut off its tail which is nice. I dodge most of its attacks but a few of them have managed to hit me and they cut off at a 1/4 of my life.

I'm not looking forward to fighting the Lagiacrus - that's the big Gyarados dragon type bastard from the beginning of the game, right? Water battle on 3DS plus BIG MEAN DRAGON is likely to equal profanity. Maybe I'll attempt that one on the Wii U.

I'm not looking forward to fighting the Lagiacrus - that's the big Gyarados dragon type bastard from the beginning of the game, right?

That's the one.

Water battle on 3DS plus BIG MEAN DRAGON is likely to equal profanity. Maybe I'll attempt that one on the Wii U.

It was hard, especially when you constantly have to change the camera as it moves so fast. I failed in the end though as the time had run out on me, I came close too. I'll do it again on the Wii U later on.

It was hard, especially when you constantly have to change the camera as it moves so fast. I failed in the end though as the time had run out on me, I came close too. I'll do it again on the Wii U later on.

Outta curiosity, which weapons are you using?

I'm sort of bouncing (literally OFF MONSTERS at times with my unsharpened Dual Swords) between Dual Swords and the Switchaxe. I'm not one for ranged or sluggish combat, which initially drew me towards the Dual Swords... but they don't seem very effective at dealing damage. It's much faster for me to sacrifice some speed and lay into monsters with the Switchxxe.

I also like swapping with the Switchaxe. I imagine the rush I feel going from the axe to the sword is comparable to morphing from a regular teenager with attitude into a Power Ranger.

Edited by Guy

Well I'm shuffling between a Switch-Axe, Long Sword & Dual Blades, but with the Lagiacrus it was easiest with the Long Sword. I get good damage when it hits, it's not very slow and dodging is smooth also the combos with that weapon are beastly good.

I find that the Switch-Axe bounces off monsters the most especially the Qurupeco & Barroth.

Oh man, I had no joy with the Qurupeco. That bastard is like a living FIRE CONJURING shield. I think it has something to do with having to attack the softer areas on the back or behind the wings, or having a weapon with the (at this stage) elusive green sharpness.

I'm currently fighting a Royal Asshole (forgot his name, brown dude with some scaled mane, rolls around a lot) and my weapon is basically doinking off most areas of his body if it drops to yellow sharpness. Whetstone, I choose you!

It should be okay, my WiiU was crashing a lot with ZombiU but never on anything else, the save files always stayed intact so hopefully it wont cause your file to corrupt. My 3DS game on the other hand crashes at least once during each session, ive formatted the card and it still does it, worringly it dosent do it with any other game so i think my cart is done and since i threw ot the packaging it came in i cant return it to shopto.

Ill maybe just download it digitally so its always on my machine, its the only thing im playing these days anyway and im a bit scared it will crash and corrupt my character one day lol

The Qurupeco is the easiest to read but I find also find it tough to take down. I wait for an opening and strike the back and & tail, or I wait for it to start doing its calls and strike its pelt, if I get some good hits, it falls down soon after that and serve up a barrage of combos. Rinse and repeat. Otherwise if I strike anywhere else I usually find my weapon bouncing off despite it being sharp (green).

I'm liking your imagination when it comes to naming/identifying these monsters.

Not sure if anyone is playing this on 3DS, but if you're a non-3D gamer like me and are sick of everything looking blurry with 3D switched off, disable 3D from the start screen options menu. It'll stop the game rendering the picture twice for the 3D effect and while the anti aliasing will be removed resulting in a slightly sharper picture, the frame rate will jump up.

This doesn't help with the issue of the ugly-as-sin font though - what a horrible decision that was.

Ah nice catch! I started playing it in 3d but its difficult to maintain the view when sitting on a bus so started playing it in 2d, ill make the adjustments for the sharper picture. Yeah the font isnt the best lol.

Finally got the full set of Barroth armor, spent hours today trying to cut that damn things tail off and then in one session i did that and then smashed his skull and got that other part i didnt have yet! Now i can concentrate on my sword...

Anyone got advice for beating Lagiacrus? I'm doing my HR1 Urgent Quest (paused atm) and so far Im avoiding the big hits but whenever I come in close to attack I can't get more than 1 or 2 hits before it blazes off into the underwater sunset. It's just too fast.

If you still need the tips.

Weapon: One with Fire Element is best if you have one

Armour: Something with good resistance to Lightning and as high defence stat as you can upgrade to.

Items:

Flashbombs, chuck them so they land under its nose. If you can daze him there's a good chance he'll sit still for you for a bit.

Shock Traps: Bring 1 Shock Trap and items to make 2 more (Trap Tool & Thunderbug) Can use under water, will hold it still for a bit.... try to make sure he not in rage mode (red eyes) when he is trapped or he'll break free fast... if he drooling he'll stay in trap longer.

Pitfall Trap: Bring the one and hope he goes to land.... in general hope he goes to land anyway.... much earier to fight outside of the water.

Bounce bombs, handy thing to start off with, you can carry 10, when in water they act like torpedos... good way to start the fight when you first see him. They'll shoot off in the direction you are facing when you use them.

Also you could try play online and get some help.... still afew HR2 N-E'ers about too if you want to try it with people of equal skill/equipment as you.

Well I'm shuffling between a Switch-Axe, Long Sword & Dual Blades, but with the Lagiacrus it was easiest with the Long Sword. I get good damage when it hits, it's not very slow and dodging is smooth also the combos with that weapon are beastly good.

I find that the Switch-Axe bounces off monsters the most especially the Qurupeco & Barroth.

If you are using a Switch Axe and it is bouncing off parts of monsters switch it to Sword mode when attacking those areas. Sword mode has the lovely ability to NEVER BOUNCE :D

I'd love to give this a whirl with the Circle Pad Pro XL if I can find it anywhere in stores, the touch screen camera is fine on land but it destroys me when I'm forced to venture UNDER DA SEA.

Are you not using that feature where when you are fighting a monster you touch its icon on the touch screen and then when you press L it'll centre the camera to face the monster instead of re-centring behind the character?

I use that on both Wii U and 3DS and hardly ever need to use the right stick or the 3DS touch controls... that said I don't have any issues with the 3DS touch controls either and think they work fine for me :heh:

On another note, is anyone else finding the 3DS version extremely hard to find in store? I went to several HMVs and GAMES and none had any left. Some didn't even get any in the first place. I eventually went for the eShop version despite the frown worthy price. The ability to always have a game like this on the system is pretty damn handy and I can see myself eShopping more titles in future, especially since the prices are now pretty much in-line with what you'd pay new at GAME.

There's a shortage right now. Amazon aren't getting any more stock until April 8th and the game is number 1 on the eShop recent sellers list...

Take that for what you will...

Shame I haven't had much time to play this recently. I'm still on HR 2 and the 5 star quests in single player. I feel so far behind lol :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

I also like swapping with the Switchaxe. I imagine the rush I feel going from the axe to the sword is comparable to morphing from a regular teenager with attitude into a Power Ranger.

I just wanted to quote this cause it is awesome!

Also my 2 year old has started watching Power Rangers, Kix TV is showing like 4 different PR shows (Dino Thunder...the one where Tommy comes back, woot / Jungle Fury... a bit meh / Mystic Force.... enjoying that one / and SPD also enjoying that one)

Haven't watched PR in ages, tis becoming a guilty pleasure again ... having the son around to use as an excuse that he wants to watch it helps too :heh:

[/off topic]

Oh man, I had no joy with the Qurupeco. That bastard is like a living FIRE CONJURING shield. I think it has something to do with having to attack the softer areas on the back or behind the wings, or having a weapon with the (at this stage) elusive green sharpness.

I'm currently fighting a Royal Asshole (forgot his name, brown dude with some scaled mane, rolls around a lot) and my weapon is basically doinking off most areas of his body if it drops to yellow sharpness. Whetstone, I choose you!

Royal Asshole is about right, those damn things always show up at the worst possible time lol

Heh, got the circle pad for the original 3DS at Game yesterday, only £5 new. Makes playing the game a lot more comfortable.