NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: The Official Thread For The Ultimate Game

I know I already have a review copy of the game but it still doesn't stop me from being excited for my Wii U copy - sending my fiance the retail copy minus the case/manual but will scan the box art as I have some empty Wii U cases on the way :wink: - and my 3DS copy being posted from ShopTo! :yay:

Time to get hyped for the hunt! :awesome:

Whats the plan of attack for day one ? single player a bit to get a half decent set before venture online ?

are we all gong to swap friend codes and choose a lobby/sever to play in :)

Whats the plan of attack for day one ? single player a bit to get a half decent set before venture online ?

I think we should claim an area/server/village as our own.

*sticks N-E flag into ground*

I suppose this should be discussed in the online thread though.

What I gathered (...) from mhwiki forums, the online quests are now much harder than the respective single player quests:

Unlike in MHTri, the port quests do not start out with the same quest or low level quests that you have in the village quests.

Harvest Shrooms, Farm aid, Guts, Prescription pick up, Goldenfish, and No love for Ludroth.

4 paw pass quests, a Quropeco hunt (which in the village quests you don't hunt until 3* quests), deliver wyvern eggs, deliver mushrooms, hunt a barroth, hunt a rathian, royal Ludroth, gobul, golden fish, lagombi, and the final quest on the 1* guild is hunt a lagiacrus.

So though you can do all quest (unlike in Tri) there is a higher difficulty starting out on lower lever guild quests and there is a benifit from doing the village quests before jumping straight online or going right into the guild quests.

So yeah, some single player is definitely advised...

Straight into online for me. I don't want this game to go easy on me at any point. Tri got too easy at one point.

My theHut order says payment pending even tho i pre paid for it over a week ago,

so tried to phone them and they never answer the phone , tried emailing no reply. I have had to order from shopto and was shipped witha photo of the package within 5 mins, thats service for you

Has anyone ever had problems with the hut or zavvi with a paypal payment being stuck as pending ?

Sometimes they sell more copies than they physically get in, they did it to me a couple of times and then the following month they have a sale with the same game because they must have gotten too many on their next order lol. They really seem to be poor at stock control.

Straight into online for me. I don't want this game to go easy on me at any point. Tri got too easy at one point.
:eek::eek::eek:

Which point was that?! :heh:

:eek::eek::eek:

Which point was that?! :heh:

Roughly around the time that you could solo most monsters, including Jhen.

Well, we've got the G-Rank now, so should be a little more challenge this time... ; D

Well, we've got the G-Rank now, so should be a little more challenge this time... ; D

This is what I'm looking forward to most.

On Tri it just became too second nature to take down the monsters.

Roughly around the time that you could solo most monsters, including Jhen.
Yeah, that's not the time that the game got too easy. That's just when you get really good at the game. :wink:

The only monsters I never managed to successfully hunt by myself were Jho and Ala...

Apparently both of those can be found in offline quests on Ultimate though, so I better up my game.

:hehe:

Anyone seen this yet?

Hope it sees big advertising here. Something like this would be great. I remember the old MH adverts still.

Anyone seen this yet?

Hope it sees big advertising here. Something like this would be great. I remember the old MH adverts still.

Two pages back, mate.

However, I would like to see some adverts too. I want something EPIC!

My expression this morning when I saw my dispatch e-mails. So close... Can taste it...

mmmmz4zpv.gif

Zavvi changed this morning to waiting dispatch; just checed, still on waiting.... in the words of John Lenon Zavvi - Don't let me dooo-o-ooown!! Don't. Let. Me down!!

Got my exciting package moment (oo-er) last night, getting in late to find my circle pad pro had arrived ready for Friday :D Picking both copies up from GAME Friday morning with my £100 gift card (big time), pre ordered, they have no clue whatsoever about the tshirt promotion Nintendo emailed me about, better bloody get it!! Anyone else going with GAME and got this confirmed at all?

Well crap, seems like my store didn't ship it today, those bastards. Oh well, next time gonna preorder from someplace else...

Got my exciting package moment (oo-er) last night, getting in late to find my circle pad pro had arrived ready for Friday :D Picking both copies up from GAME Friday morning with my £100 gift card (big time), pre ordered, they have no clue whatsoever about the tshirt promotion Nintendo emailed me about, better bloody get it!! Anyone else going with GAME and got this confirmed at all?

Aaah crap. Totally forgot to order this... gonna have to buy it soon.

On the subject of pre-orders, I went with ShopTo a while ago, it also seems like most people on here went with them too.

Aaah crap. Totally forgot to order this... gonna have to buy it soon.

On the subject of pre-orders, I went with ShopTo a while ago, it also seems like most people on here went with them too.

Seen such conflicting reports though about it's use, some have said it's unplayable without it (which is my opinion after the demo I have to say, plays like a different game on the U with two sticks), while others say functions perfectly fine without it! Be interested to hear how you find it without the CPP playing the game proper :)

Ive just got in from driving home from work with the Monster Hunter Tri soundtrack blazing throughout the car. I'm officially ready for this. :D

Used the CCP XL on my recent play through of RE:Revelations and it's very comfy. It does block access to the stylus though so remember to remove it before attaching if you think you'll need it.

Ive just got in from driving home from work with the Monster Hunter Tri soundtrack blazing throughout the car. I'm officially ready for this. :D

Not quite.

Make sure to change your title to "IT'S HERE!!!!" Tomorrow morning, then you'll be ready ;)

Heh, I've been listening to it all day too :awesome:

Can't wait to hear it in true 5.1 LPCM! It's gonna sound HAMAZING! :D

Bit the bullet and ordered this from Shopto today, it's already on its way! Looking toward to hunting some monsters with you fine folk. I never really got into it on the Wii so I plan to give this version the time it deserves.