NEurope
Serebii

Flipnote 3D -

From the second Nintendo Direct of the week

- Export Flipnote Studio 3D drawings as animated GIFs, a series of GIFs, or AVI movie files

- Draw pictures in 3 layers, 6 colors.

- Sample 3D movies provided. Flipnote Studio 3D to be made available for free on the #3DS #eShop summer 2013.

- Friend Flipnote Gallery community service. Comment, evaluate, and download each others' drawings.

- World Flipnote Gallery global community service. Req. small monthly fee for server, 30-day trial. Specified free hours.

- Depending on how popular your drawings are, the monthly fee may be waived so you can continue for free.

- Flipnote Studio #DSi community services to end on May 31st.

- Flipnote Studio 3D is free to download and use. Friend Flipnote Gallery is free. Only World Flipnote Gallery has a fee.

- If you don't want to pay for World Flipnote Gallery, just export your drawings to GIF or AVI and post them online.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k

Fantastic -,and it's about time! I remember getting so into the first Flipnote Studio. I wonder how much harder it'll be doing it in 3D? I'm really looking forward to seeing other people's animationson this too. I know someone else here who'll be happy with the news too, right, @RedShell ?

WHAT!? Talk about out of nowhere!?

HYYYPPPEEE!! :bouncy:

A shame that the worldwide gallery isn't free this time around :( I suppose it's not really fair to expect it though, considering that the running costs are surely not unsubstantial.

Sheesh! This one took them a while to get out. They announced this well over a year ago!

Edited by Dcubed

I know someone else here who'll be happy with the news too, right, RedShell?
Just a bit yeah. :bouncy:

This is going to be crazy, colours and 3D at the same time?! Not sure if I'll be able to get my head around that one. :laughing:

It's great how they've kept the overall look and feel of the DSi version though. Man, I can't wait to get into making Flipnotes again! :)

A shame that the worldwide gallery isn't free this time around :( I suppose it's not really fair to expect it though, considering that the running costs are surely not unsubstantial.
Yeah, but it's understandable really. I mean just look at how busy Flipnote Hatena was/still is! :o

They had some kind of charge on there too (something to do with different coloured stars or something), but I'm pretty sure 99% of users never purchased it. :heh:

Edited by RedShell
Automerged Doublepost

Gah, I can't find the link to the old thread with everyone's amazing DSi creations on. Does anyone have a link, was gonna' put a link on the news piece on the front page.

This totally makes my day AAAA

I spent hours and hours on the DSi version!

This cannot arrive soon enough haahah I'm so happy!

Colors, 3D layers, seperate drawing layers. It is time to get hyped yes yes :D

The fee for the world wide server is reasonable. And hopefully it will keep the gallery from being spammed with "Add my friendcode" drawings, like the Colors! 3D gallery.

When it launches, I'm anticipating GIF explosions on a NEOGAF level in this thread. :)

Gah, I can't find the link to the old thread with everyone's amazing DSi creations on. Does anyone have a link, was gonna' put a link on the news piece on the front page.
I made that thread but it's no longer in the history on my profile. ::shrug:

Perhaps it got deleted? :confused::weep:

Maybe they want to censor rainbows to protect children from homosexuality!

Awesome :D though I don't get home from work till 10 tonight so it will be a while before I get it in the news piece :p

Originally planned for release on Thursday, Flipnote 3D has been delayed due to the massive load it has experienced since Japanese launch last week

A week should be long enough to procure extra servers right? RIGHT!?

I dunno, let's see how long the Devilish Training and Scribblenauts delays were...

...oh :p

Originally planned for release on Thursday, Flipnote 3D has been delayed due to the massive load it has experienced since Japanese launch last week

Massive load?

I dunno, let's see how long the Devilish Training and Scribblenauts delays were...

...oh :p

That post makes me laugh and cry at the same time :weep:

hmm It seems Flipnote 3D was also affected by the recent scandals around swapnote (letterbox).

Since then the "friend gallery" for Japanese users is disabled, Hatena world gallery remains active however.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2013/1101.html

Oh man. :sad:

At this rate it's going to get to the point where Nintendo never allow user generated content in their software. :hmm:

I wonder what this means for the European/US release of Flipnote 3D too. :blank:

If there was such thing as a European/US release in the first place haha ;)

It's taking them soooo long!

The friend gallery feature was disabled only because it had the ability to import pictures from the 3DS camera application and put them in flipnotes. So it doesn't directly mean user generated content is their problem, but picture sharing seems to be.

It's a real shame because only disabling the camera import function would still allow people to use the friend gallery. But it would also make it impossible to use the software for stop motion animations... So disabling the friend gallery does seem their best option. If only the world gallery would be free sigh.

Edited by M_rock

Bump. :heh:

Has it really been 3 years?! Yes... yes it has. :laughing: But the time has finally come, Flipnote 3D is available this Thursday! :bouncy:

They've really missed the boat on this one, it would have been great to get this out to show off the 3DS' capabilities five years ago.

FINALLY I am SO happy hahahaha. Too bad there is no online community anymore and that this is WAY overdue. Still a very very nice app!