NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CompSci

I just got World of Warcraft

I intend to get into an MMORPG soonish, but I fancy something just a little different. Wadda ya' think - Eve Online or City of Heroes/Villains?

well i have never played any other mmorpg. but wow is really well balanced and entertaining. with the expansion pack coming out with added races and professions it could be good.

I have also played this game for over a year, and I even bought a 360 that I don't play because I play this alllll the time, seriously don't have time for any other games!

I don't even notice the subscription anymore, especially if you buy the pre-paid cards from the shops.

As far as Rogues/Hunters are concerned, Rogues are easy to play well, hunters are easy to play but difficult to play well. Especially in PVP! Oh yeah, that reminds me, PvE servers suck, once you get to lvl 60 there is nothing to do, make sure you head to a PvP server!

I could talk about this game for hours, but I won't, just ask if you have anymore questions.

PvE = Person versus Environment

PvP = Person versus Person

RP PvP = RolePlaying Person versus Person

RP PvE = RolePlaying Person versus Environment

So on a PvE server you get to lvl 60, whats next? Err...nothing! Do the same old high level instances over and over......boring!

PvP, reach lvl 60, whats next? Alliance slaying!!!! w00t. IMO there is no point in PvE once you reach level cap there really isn't much to do.

I found that on the RP servers everyone is really anal about actually RP'ing which I guess is fair enough as thats what they are there for. And it is actually quite good fun even if your not into that sort of thing, but they like to flame n00bs which makes it difficult to get into, just read the WoW RP forums to see what I mean! The best thing to do is create a character and hang around for a while, see how it works!

Im on the Bladefist server if you want to create another alt, I have a lvl 34 Tauren Hunter and an Orc Warrior (now my main) at lvl 23. I am the guild leader of RedHearted which was a 30 man strong guild until I stopped playing for a month or so, now there is only a few of us and I don't have time to recruit whilst I'm levelling. I'm working on a website in the meantime tho.

oliherst are those official servers or do you play in private servers? I'm thinking of trying private servers to see if I like the game.

All servers are official. You cant play this game over a LAN. You have to play it on Blizzards official servers. Unless you have magic haxxor skillz.1!243

No. At the beginning Blizzard said there were none and I haven't heard of any. I think its very unlikely...

Very highly recommend WoW very good addictive game

i have a lvl 60 pald which is my main char love it but is not that good in PVP as the damage paladins do sucks. (got nefarian down to 22% eariler GAH!!)

im in guild called "One vision" run by my mates bro...im the pald leader

Also got a 60 warlock, 60 priest (both my bros)

Once you have this you dont need to buy a PC again (well until burning crusade add on comes out)

im on the server "shattered hand" which is home of the first guild that killed nerfarian "momento mori" (back at beginning of october :o)

: peace:

Ask the man with the 57 on the end of his name. He installed it and uninstalled us. We haven't seen him for a decent amount of time since.

Bowser, we miss you.

It's so true. Back in the days before WoW I'd have seen this post in seconds and replied to it, but it's taken until today to even spot the thread.

It's the game that has taken up a year of my life, and only now am I getting to the pinnacle of the game available to me.

The Nefarian fight in BWL, took our guild 2 months to get the 2nd BWL boss down (Vaelestrasz) and we have now cleared up to Nefarian in a week :D

shame it's reset tonight though, means we got to go through it all again to get to Nefarian :)

oh and to the person who said PvE sucks at lvl 60, it depends on your point of view, some people like running Zul'Gurrub, Molten Core and Blackwing Lair because they are proper challenges (although we now have MC and ZG on farm :P)

In my opinion PvP is boring, sitting in battlegrounds all day just to get honour to acheive what? A new rank, it's just like the level grind all over again. It's not like it was around march/april of last year when all you got in Hillsbrad was the Alliance rushing the Horde town then the Horde fighting back, and this went on for hours :P

Sign in to follow this