NEurope
Ronnie

Star Trek Into Darkness

Star Trek fans in the U.K. will get the see Star Trek into Darkness earlier than fans in the U.S., as the release date there has just been changed.

“In summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness,” said an announcement regarding the event.

The UK release date is now May 9, 2013.

Simon Pegg tweeted about the date change. “Looks like Star Trek Into Darkness will land in the UK first,” he said. “Release date May 9th. That’s about eight weeks away. Not long considering.”

http://www.trektoday.com/content/2013/03/early-uk-release-for-star-trek-into-darkness/

So f-ing excited for this film. Can't wait. Anyone else?

So psyched, even though it's not how Star Trek should be.

Should be awesome though still

The first film was much better than I thought it would be. Excited for this.

That trailer = hype, hype, hypeeee.

I have already decided I am going to splash out the cash and go the IMAX in Manchester for this!

Pretty psyched! :D

I have already decided I am going to splash out the cash and go the IMAX in Manchester for this!

Just a warning: In the preview I saw with The Hobbit (3D IMAX), the 3D for Star Trek Into Darkness was awful and made me dizzy (it was glorious in The Hobbit). It looked like lots of 2D cutouts and was extremely distracting.

And the film won't be available in 2D IMAX.

Just a warning: In the preview I saw with The Hobbit (3D IMAX), the 3D for Star Trek Into Darkness was awful and made me dizzy (it was glorious in The Hobbit). It looked like lots of 2D cutouts and was extremely distracting.

And the film won't be available in 2D IMAX.

You have destroyed me.

How come it wont be in 2D IMAX?

Worrying lack of chat for this film on here! Anyone else seeing it, out tomorrow. Off to the Friday night showing in Leicester square, can't wait. Getting pretty decent reviews, consensus is about 4 stars. 83% on RT.

I dont seem to be all that hyped about it myself, despite being a massive Trekkie. I'll be off to see it next week sometime I think anyway. I expect I'll enjoy Into Darkness just like the last one but they dont tend to give me the same feeling I got from the other movies or series before them.

Got my tickets booked for 7:30 tomorrow evening :) I too feel I'm not as excited as I should be, though. But that's because I'm old and nothing excites me anymore

Edited by Serebii

Watching it on Saturday morning. I don't watch trailers but the game got me pretty hyped up.

Not sure when I am watching it although I don't know when.

Just standard 2D showing for me after what has already been mentioned earlier in this thread!

I'd love to see it in 2D but sadly friday night Empire is 3D :(

Want to see this ASAP, but busy on the weekend so it'll probably wait until tuesday or wednesday when tickets are cheap.

That was a really good film

Saw that he was actually Khan coming a mile off, and the results of Kirk dying in the Warp Core. Incidentally, I loved all the Wrath of Khan parallels, though maybe it went a bit too far by having Spock yell out "KHAAAAAAAAN"

All in all, I was pleased

I suggest people don't read that spoiler until they see the film, I'm sure a few will give into temptation though sadly.

Edited by Ronnie

This was incredible. Best film I've seen in long time.

9/10

WOuld almost go again but I'm not really the sort to do that :)

I suggest people don't read that spoiler until they see the film, I'm sure a few will give into temptation though sadly.

I did say Massive Spoilers :p

The massive nerd in me liked the fact

A model of the NX-01 Enterprise was on Admiral Marcus' desk. Many dislike Enterprise yet it's the only series that remains in this timeline. Love it

Fantastic film, can't believe there's so little chat about it

Incredible film. Stupid title, but by far the best film of the year for me.

Makes me have tentative high hopes for Episode VII.