NEurope
liger05

Thief

If it's going to other consoles too then that's why it won't look so good. Got to wait for the next gen only releases to see the major differences.

Yeah exactly. With those consoles still doing so well, I wonder when we'll finally move over fully. This xmas releases, or further away yet, with just the exclusives getting the boost?!

I'm aiming to switch over for Infamous. The way I see it, brand new games that release on both next/last gen will be similarly priced (seen quite a few places with game pre order prices under/around £40 for PS4 now). I'm going to get a PS4 anyway for the exclusives, makes sense to get it and also get next/last gen crossover multiformats on it, which will often still look better (1080p, 60 fps, etc) even if they aren't massively improved elsewhere.

Amazon are taking preorders on the Infamous + PS4 bundle with £15 off, so you could say the PS4 is £15 cheaper. Can't see the PS4 getting much cheaper than £335 any time soon so it's not like there's much reason to wait right now.

If the games are the same price always worth getting the newer version, and the console you're going to be playing more now. When I get back from paris I'll probably pick up the Infamous set.

I am a long time die hard THIEF fan, still quite sceptical about the newest installment. Glad they got rid of the quick time events though!!!

I am a long time die hard THIEF fan, still quite sceptical about the newest installment. Glad they got rid of the quick time events though!!!
Although what I love about how they're approaching this game is the vast number of options they're giving the player.

You can literally turn off every single assist option, such as hints, object highlights, checkpoints, focus vision etc... think you can turn off the HUD too.

All games should give you this freedom of choice :)

:laughing: Fucking amazing.

I will try to do the ultimate hardcore run of the game. Sounds fun :)

I really need a PS4 :( Now.

Come on Sony, get your shit together and give Amazon.de some consoles to sell!

:laughing: Fucking amazing.

I will try to do the ultimate hardcore run of the game. Sounds fun :)

I really need a PS4 :( Now.

Come on Sony, get your shit together and give Amazon.de some consoles to sell!

As in if you get killed you lose your entire game or? :p

It's coming out of PS3 too, but yeah, ideally I'd like to get a PS4 and play it on there too. May have to wait until later in the year to play it though :hmm:

Edited by Retro_Link

Hey RetroLink but don’t you think these options are kind of lame since they state themselves that it would be crazy to use them all and nobody tried it before.

In theory it’s nice but I would rather have a game that has been designed to be challenging from the beginning and not an easy game where I can enable some (unfair) limitations which makes the game unbeatable....

Don't want to piss on everyone's parade but I listened to OPM's podcast yesterday and they were very, very down on the game.

Here's the link to the podcast if you want to hear what they say -

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Edited by Cookyman

Hey RetroLink but don’t you think these options are kind of lame since they state themselves that it would be crazy to use them all and nobody tried it before.

In theory it’s nice but I would rather have a game that has been designed to be challenging from the beginning and not an easy game where I can enable some (unfair) limitations which makes the game unbeatable....

I'm pretty sure the game will be challenging and these option only make it harder.

If you play their previous game Deus Ex Human Revolution, I think that game gives a good idea of how all this will work. Especially with regards to turning off hints and object highlights etc...

That game was challenging, and then made easier or harder still depending on how you play they game (stealth or attack) and all the additional options in this exist to make such play styles even more adjustable still.

Don't want to piss on everyone's parade but I listened to OPM's podcast yesterday and they were very, very down on the game.

Here's the link to the podcast if you want to hear what they say -

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Not surprised and from day 1 have always been on the fence waiting for reviews.

Everyone was quite negative about the Deus Ex Human Revolution weren't they? until they actually played it.

Everyone was quite negative about the Deus Ex Human Revolution weren't they? until they actually played it.

That's right then they all found out the bosses were shit!

That's right then they all found out the bosses were shit!
Which thankfully they rectified in the definitive edition, which bodes even better for this game... not that I'm even aware this game has any bosses.

This game looks like all the great stealth in Deus Ex taken up a level.

Which thankfully they rectified in the definitive edition

I'm not buying the same game twice because they fucked it up the first time.

Anyway back on point, I'm just saying a bunch of professional reviewers found Thief lacking.

Deux Ex was great even with the bosses, though.

Then again, that game also let you jump whenever you wanted, so the jury's still out on Thief. :heh:

Anyway back on point, I'm just saying a bunch of professional reviewers found Thief lacking.
Ah well, I've heard a lot of excitement for it.

Ah well, I've heard a lot of excitement for it.

Yeah, we'll just have to wait and see.

Ok yeah the reviews I'm seeing today aren't the best with...

Gametrailers - 7.5

IGN - 6.8

Gamespot - 6.0

Edited by Retro_Link