NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Oxigen_Waste

Yu Suzuki is considering Kickstarting Shenmue 3 into existence!

LINK!!!

That fucking fucker fucked those fucking fucks by fucking around too fucking much, fuck fuck fuck, fuckety fuck fuck fuck!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!

ibvqCZ4yOQ9ss5.gif

It's about fucking time we've had some news on Shenmue 3 other than "it will not and can not happen"...

BELIEVE!!!

ibktdLo8m0QW2j.gif

I'll definitely be in the minority but I want Shenmue III to be revealed for 3DS using graphics similar to the original Dreamcast games :grin:

Why do they keep doing this to us? Have we not suffered enough?

No, Snowstorm, we have not.

Id support a kickstarter for this but what makes Yu even think that Sega would part with the franchise when they can effectively re-release hd ports of the previous too for years to come? Let us not forget Square and their constant "we are thinking about an hd final fantasy 7..." quotes they drop every E3, or the non existant Beyond Good and Evil 2 that Ubisoft mention every now and then. Id love to see Shenmue get the final chapter it deserves but i just dont see it happening, the game just didnt sell that well, i bought 2 copies for the UK editions of both games brand new when they launched but how many other people can claim they own a copy that isnt pre-owened? Half the people on the Sega forums screaming for Shenmue 3 where in primary school when the dreamcast was out and the other half downloaded it from edonkey.

but how many other people can claim they own a copy that isnt pre-owened?

*raises hand*

Bought 1 a few months after launch (but still new), and 2 at launch.

When there was a big demand for them the other year, I could have sold them used for nearly double what I paid new.

OMG, let it die already.

Were the games even that good to begin with?

It's too risky to release a third instalment now! It's almost as bad as Smash Bros, as in, if this isn't the best game ever made everyone will be disappointed and bitch for eternity.

See:

Nights: Journey of Dreams

Duke Nukem Forever

They'd have to try really hard to make it as bad as Duke Nukem Forever.

I'm sure Moogle would love a Shenmue with wall boobs, though.

You just crossed a line mister.

I will find you, and I will fuck you up!

I'm sure Moogle would love a Shenmue with wall boobs, though.

Wall what now?

Wall what now?

Boobs, Sam. You know, those things you like so much?

..how many other people can claim they own a copy that isnt pre-owned?

I only got a Dreamcast a few years ago so my only option was to go pre-owned, unfortuntely.. but I'd be more than happy to see Shenmue 3 Di, you know.. for Lan.. Di..

I much prefer Shenmue to Shenmue II, though, so I'd be hoping they'd manage to recapture some of the magic of the original :hehe:

Yeah I bought both games around the time of their launch.

The first game was much a much better experience, though the second had some incredible stand-out moments/action sequences. However I just couldn't get on with the lack of English voice acting in the second game and I think the subtitles made it harder to get lost in the game.

I only got a Dreamcast a few years ago so my only option was to go pre-owned, unfortuntely.. but I'd be more than happy to see Shenmue 3 Di, you know.. for Lan.. Di..

I much prefer Shenmue to Shenmue II, though, so I'd be hoping they'd manage to recapture some of the magic of the original :hehe:

I guess thats kind of the point though, the game just never made that much money and to try and create a new one on a modern console is a fairly big risk for any company to pick up even if they have some kickstarter cash. If i was Sega id HD up the last two and then get Yu to create the third game using the same engine as the previous game and launch the whole thing as Shenmue complete. That way the series looks and feels consistant, dosent bankrupt Sega and appeases the fans whilst simultaneously testing the waters for a new entry to the series on next gen/current gen machines.

Personally, i loved both games and still play them now and again and it amazes me just how well the whole thing stands up even today. Hell, quantic dreams made a killing ripping off the series with their last two games so there is still a market for it, but its mostly a niche one.

They still are, if you can get ahold of a copy id recommend playing it, the closest you will get it it in todays games is Heavy Rain...but its not even half the game Shenmue is.

I guess thats kind of the point though, the game just never made that much money and to try and create a new one on a modern console is a fairly big risk for any company to pick up even if they have some kickstarter cash.

The game didn't make money because the dreamcast was a commercial failure. People can't buy the game if they don't have the necessary hardware.

Id support a kickstarter for this but what makes Yu even think that Sega would part with the franchise when they can effectively re-release hd ports of the previous too for years to come?

Well, around the time Mass Effect 3 came out, I was talking on the Bioware forums of the possibilities of Mass Effect 1 being remade for the Wii U, and how great that could be. The word back then was that it would never happen, because Microsoft own the rights to the first ME game. And then we got the ME Trilogy being released for the PS3.

If Sega would've had any interrest to make an HD-remake or even port of Shenmue, they would've done it by now.

But if Sega were to make an HD remake or even port, then Shenmue III would be likely anyhow.

Sega have no reason to sit on the SM IP. I'm sure that they could make some agreement, where Suzuki gets the IP if Sega get the distribution rights. After all, the Carmageddon guys got their IP back before making their Kickstarter.

Yup I bought both 1 & 2 new and still have them both. Loved them to bits.

Shenmue 1 I had 2 saves, one I actually played and completed, and a 2nd that I just replayed one day over and over again. One of the days you work in the docks, you have to go to a warehouse after hours, well rather than do that, Id go to the staff room and just play darts, waste money on the toy capsules until the bus arrived, then when it arrived in Dobuita i'd just mess around there for a while in any of the places that were still open.

The next day would be a repeat of the forklift work you had to do, you couldn't progress further into the story until you visited this particular warehouse after work.

So on this save I never did visit it, I had enough money to afford a ticket to China anyways.

Forklift truck racing <3

Also my first job was working in a sun glasses warehouse, And we had to use forklift trucks there, I would always think of Shenmue when at work at that place.

Yup I bought both 1 & 2 new and still have them both. Loved them to bits.

Shenmue 1 I had 2 saves, one I actually played and completed, and a 2nd that I just replayed one day over and over again. One of the days you work in the docks, you have to go to a warehouse after hours, well rather than do that, Id go to the staff room and just play darts, waste money on the toy capsules until the bus arrived, then when it arrived in Dobuita i'd just mess around there for a while in any of the places that were still open.

The next day would be a repeat of the forklift work you had to do, you couldn't progress further into the story until you visited this particular warehouse after work.

So on this save I never did visit it, I had enough money to afford a ticket to China anyways.

Forklift truck racing <3

Also my first job was working in a sun glasses warehouse, And we had to use forklift trucks there, I would always think of Shenmue when at work at that place.

Did you ever have forklift races in there? When i used to work in Compaq we had races on those manual pallet lifter things but not being motorised it got really old really fast lol

Did it let you buy it?

Did it let you buy it?

Nope, it's just a Groundhog day save. Still I enjoyed doing it :p

Sign in to follow this