NEurope
Charlie

Television

So I've just finished The West Wing which I absolutely loved. I'm now at a crossroads; what to watch next?

I've seen all the 'big' programmes such as The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, BSG amongst others and I can't decide what to watch next.

I'm looking for another drama that has already finished (I don't want any of this waiting around business).

NE - what do you suggest?

Oh gosh, I feel your pain about waiting around for things. I watched one episode of the last series of Breaking Bad and when I heard it's split into two pieces I decided to stop watching :P I'd rather view it all in one go! Which begs the question, when does the second half of the series air?

The Prisoner (2009 version... or whenever it was made)

Depends on what you want from a 'finished' show as you listed the main shows that basically wrapped up neatly. Otherwise there's Deadwood, carnivale, Oz, In Treatment, Jericho.. I think Six Feet Under would be a great place to go if you haven't already. Just hit up some HBO. Even The Good Wife is an above average show. Mad Men is another utterly essential show, though afterwards pretty much every other show is lame in comparison.

Sharpe, each episode is movie length. And there are 16 episodes. Thats what i'm digging through at the moment, that and "unmentionable".

I'm slowly catching up on dramas as such, after the above i'm planning on digging into Boardwalk Empire.

I'm going to presume you've already seen Firefly and somehow forgotten to mention it as one of the "big" shows.

Dollhouse, Caprica, Chuck, Pushing Daisies and The Sarah Connor Chronicles are all brilliant shows which have finished.

Caprica starts off slow, but it's more than worth it by the end.

Sharpe, each episode is movie length. And there are 16 episodes. Thats what i'm digging through at the moment, that and "unmentionable".

I'm slowly catching up on dramas as such, after the above i'm planning on digging into Boardwalk Empire.

It also has Sean Bean in it. You do not need anymore reasons to watch Sharpe

Spooks. It's kind of a British 24, less frantic and more realistic, but very good.

I reckon you can probably jump in almost at any season. I only watced the last 3 or 4 seasons and really enjoyed it.

Also it isn't finished, but with 3 seasons behind it Boardwalk Empire is well worth a watch. There is a 4th season coming but Season 3 doesn't end on a cliff hanger or anything like that, so you should be good to watch the first 3 seasons, and even leave it at that if you wanted to.

You didn't mention Dexter? That's very good. And only one more season to go, so you might finish just in time to watch the final series as it comes out (in the summer).

Also, House is good, and complete. Although i thought the first few season were the best. House isn't really a drama - like the ones you mentioned above, there isn't really that much progression from episode to episode (not until later on at least) but it's still good.

Desperate Housewives or the UK version of Being Human since the last ever episode airs this Sunday (SO UPSET ABOUT THAT STILL! :()

It also has Sean Bean in it. You do not need anymore reasons to watch Sharpe

More than enough said, this should sell anyone to Sharpe.

The problem with Sean Bean (other than his name; it should be Shaun Baun or Seen Been, not both!) is that he always seems to be putting on a bad Sheffield accent. Even though that is his real accent. How can a man go through life like that?

So I've just finished The West Wing which I absolutely loved. I'm now at a crossroads; what to watch next?

I've seen all the 'big' programmes such as The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, BSG amongst others and I can't decide what to watch next.

I'm looking for another drama that has already finished (I don't want any of this waiting around business).

NE - what do you suggest?

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was another Sorkin series. It was cancelled after one season, but was pretty enjoyable and there are lots of West Wing cast cameos to get excited about.

I know you said you didn't want to wait around, but The Newsroom is Sorkin's new thing, and the first season was amazing.

I love Sorkin. Even though ... everything is kinda the same:

Mad Men is another utterly essential show, though afterwards pretty much every other show is lame in comparison.

Am enjoying Mad Men, it's good but I wouldn't class it as absolutely essential, certainly not on the same level as The Wire, Sopranos or Breaking Bad. Though I am only just on series 2 so maybe I'll get into it more as it progresses.

Friday Night Lights obviously.

As Odwin said, Studio 60 on the Sunset strip is really good, was probably too clever for American audiences.

Season 1 of Jericho is phenomenal. Supernatural is brilliant and has a good 8 seasons to get through and is still going strong.

Oh and The Event.

Edited by Jon