NEurope
Retro_Link

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

This game is the shit. I'm loving it. First AC I've properly loved since the first. Also loving the screenshot/video function on the PS4.

BauWL75IcAEWpLp.jpg

Wish it would capture it without the HUD. I think it does that on most games with on the Vita.

Edited by Daft

It looks amazing during a storm. I stood at the top of a hill surrounded by foliage looking down at a town with lightning brightning up the skies. It was stunning.

Some of the best moments was fighting and boarding against multiple manowars during storms. Epic.

Anyone been using the companion app with this? It's pretty cool having the fleet trading game playable on the go.

Anyone been using the companion app with this? It's pretty cool having the fleet trading game playable on the go.

Not yet, it's downloaded i've just not got around to opening it up.

Yup, it seems pretty well tailored to both phones and tablets. Being able to read the database is also good.

Had a good session over the weekend, just completed sequence 3 on Sunday. I've been having so, so much fun having sea battles and either repairing my ship or sending them supplies and/or men to my fleet. Just took over the Island hide-away after killing a Templar (can't remember his name) upon that ship from III (again, forgot that name as well). Took over my first fort by complete accident, didn't know the game re-starts you in a random location on-map so when i logged on, ended up right outside a fort.

And found out the fort (once you've taken over it) helps you in navy/sea battles (if they are nearby). I've also done some harpooning, took out 2 sharks.

With the battles, if i lose a shipmate in the folly of war, i tend to find survivors in the water from other battles, so by the time i'm at the next battle i've got a full ship once again

I do like how this has bought elements in from the previous games in the series

Hunting, Combat + Sea battles from III (much improved), Re-modelling from Brotherhood and II. Recruiting from Brotherhood and Revelations

Has anyone else signed up for that Initiates thing? Nice to see additional challenges added to the game.

Edited by Jimbob

I quite like the look of this and I am pleased to hear that it has good reviews and Assassins Creed hasn't gone super stale with the multiple sequels.

However, I am yet to play 3 so I feel I need to play that first for the story! :hmm:

Once I have got the third I might leave this till I eventually get a next gen console and save it for that... We shall see!

I'm absolutely loving this game!

I own Brotherhood, which for some reason i never really got into...

...turns out the reason was not enough pirates.

I'm only a few missions in right now, and so far my favourite bits are the first boat battle you have, the whale, sneaking into the fortress, the scenery.

Amazing. I got Bioshock Infinite for Xmas at the same time, and so far it has not really got a look in.

I am also in absolute love with this game, can't put it down. I regularly have to stop and have a little look around at the scenery it's just so pretty.

Another one echoing the praise for this. Absolutely loving it! Never really bothered with an AC game until 3 and didn't go back to it after playing about 10 hours due to other games but putting a considerable amount of time into this and can't stop playing. And most of that time playing is being spent just sailing around plundering ships and taking down forts (so far managed to get all of the forts in the top of the map although did get caught in a storm with water spouts while trying to take down one fort which was just epic!). Never really been a fan of the 'traditional' AC gameplay, if you could phrase it that way, but being a privateer and sailing the Caribbean is a lot of fun.

The naval battles are definitely one of the best things I've played in a game. Just great fun. Did stupidly make the mistake of seeking out one of the legendary ship markers on the map and then try and take them down. That was really stupid. But I'll get pay back eventually! :grin:

I'm feeling there's a tad too much sailing in this. Much prefer the traditional AC gameplay, although it could with a tiny bit of variety though.

My favourite bit so far is the bit where you are creeping around on all the galleys freeing prisoners. It's awesome! Climbing up the rigging and then jumping down to assassinate two guys, before creeping around the sides and pulling lone guards into the sea.

Amazing!

I'm a fucking pirate.

They're are too many fucking boats in this game! I keep trying to find a nice, medium level brig to attack, and then while I'm in the middle of a battle, another fucker sails into the middle of it all and starts attacking me as well.

Other than that the game is still fantastic. I love the whaling mini game, and the fleet mechanics.

(I realise i'm the only one posting in this thread. They should rename it to Captain Bob's Blog.)

Does anyone else play the game with subtitles on? What the hell is up with the random capital letters everywhere?

They're are too many fucking boats in this game! I keep trying to find a nice, medium level brig to attack, and then while I'm in the middle of a battle, another fucker sails into the middle of it all and starts attacking me as well.

Other than that the game is still fantastic. I love the whaling mini game, and the fleet mechanics.

I find that quite enjoyable, especially taking them

to your captured forts across the ocean, whom can provide a heck of a lot of fire power towards taking out the massive brigs/Man o Wars.

I also find dropping them barrels help with deterring some of the other ships from getting close to your battle with the ship you are bombarding.

Havn't been on this game for a while, been distracted with other console gamings.

Ive been playing loads of it, although I've never found the naval battles particularly challenging except for the harder forts I naively tried to take early on. Even beat up one of the legendary ships recently. Got all the buried treasures and collectibles except for the ones in random tiny islands, and got to prestige in the multiplayer.

On a mission to 100% this bitch just like AC3. Also I've watched a podcast with the writer and the amount of the story that's actually true to what actually happened in history is actually surprising. I've downloaded the AC books and will try to get a little more into the lore.

I got into a weird loop today where i kept getting attacked by a jaguar, which would then kill me, and i would spawn back in the same place and get attacked by the same damn cat.

I must have died about 12 times before i managed to climb a tree and shoot the bloody feline.

Are you bad at QTEs?

Picked up the game earlier, gotta wait another week before playing.

1470173_454737127968713_2057256265_n.jpg

1463918_454737767968649_542863665_n.jpg

1453456_454737781301981_321821477_n.jpg

All this for only

I got all that for €40 for the PS3 on Amazon.

Well you lose a tiny bit of health with each QTE regardless of how quickly you do it. Plus, when I respawned, the introductory HUD comes up for the island I was on, which covered up the button I was supposed to be pressing, so i had like a 1 in 3 chance of fighting it off each time.

Beat all the legendary ships and have 99% synch. Just need two more buried treasure maps that you can only get through kenway's fleet >:(