NEurope
Retro_Link

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Started playing this yesterday on PS4. Looks really nice! Most of the issues I had with ACIII seem to be gone (mostly the washed out environments and somewhat boring main character). Also played a little multiplayer - slightly depressing to see the introduction of a prestige element now.

I'll guarantee you'll spent a lot of time boarding various ships across the ocean.

Finally finished the main story last night. Pretty underwhelming ending, but overall a great game. Not sure if I'll go back and complete it fully, but I've still got the itch to go and play some more, so who knows.

Just started this on PS4, late to the party with it as I was fairly burned by AC 3 but this seems loads better, impressed so far! Anyone played the multiplayer, any good?

Just started this on PS4, late to the party with it as I was fairly burned by AC 3 but this seems loads better, impressed so far! Anyone played the multiplayer, any good?

Yeah, I was also burned on AC3 but this is loads better. Multiplayer is great as always, I played it a lot when it hit back when Brotherhood released.

Multiplayer is great as always, I played it a lot when it hit back when Brotherhood released.

Cheers, will give it go, didn't want to waste time on it if it was a bit shit. Played some more single player, loving it! Looks great, plays great, faith in the Creed series restored! :)

I started playing this over the weekend and i'm really enjoying what time i've had on it.

Like others on here, I was burned by the travesty that was Assassins Creed III. I was reluctant to play this one but many have said this is a return to form and so far I would have to agree.

I find Edward a far more interesting and likable character than Connor. I'm also enjoying sailing the seas and looting random ships. :D

To be honest, most of my time on the game has just been running around, exploring the various islands and collecting the stuff that is scattered about. Thankfully the game makes it very easy to find each of these pickups, with them being shown on your map.

I'm only on sequence 3 ( I think ) but i've probably already had more fun on this than on the third game.

My playthrough was interrupted by The last of us, plan on getting back to it this week, think I'm at sequence 8? Great game so far though, the best AC in a while.

Like others on here, I was burned by the travesty that was Assassins Creed III. I was reluctant to play this one but many have said this is a return to form and so far I would have to agree.

I'm only on sequence 3 ( I think ) but i've probably already had more fun on this than on the third game.

I never played three so I hadn't experienced the ship combat, but I lost my shit the second the game loaded up into that storm. I know being amazed at the water in a game is sort of a cliche but here it was more about the way it affected your ship and the gameplay than how it looked.

Just bought Freedom Cry, as good an excuse as any to install the game again :D.

Anyone have any advice for getting into this? Things I shouldn't bother with, things I should go straight for etc? Because I've tried to get into it a few times and I'm finding it kind of boring.

Is the DLC for this game worth a double dip? i have the WiiU version (and love it) but i could be tempted to rebuy when there is a price drop for DLC i can't access

Anyone have any advice for getting into this? Things I shouldn't bother with, things I should go straight for etc? Because I've tried to get into it a few times and I'm finding it kind of boring.

Play until you can freely use the boat, if you haven't got that far already.

I would say don't go charging into the next story checkpoint quickly. Move over the landscape like a parasite, claiming everything you see. Except for the underwater bits. They're shit.

I would say don't go charging into the next story checkpoint quickly. Move over the landscape like a parasite, claiming everything you see. Except for the underwater bits. They're shit.

This is what i've been doing. I've been getting lost just collecting stuff and upgrading my ship and then when I get bored of that I jump back into the story.

I found out about the app for the game yesterday and downloaded it straight away. I'm now sending my fleet out to do my bidding and get my some goods while i'm at work. :D

This is what i've been doing. I've been getting lost just collecting stuff and upgrading my ship and then when I get bored of that I jump back into the story.

I found out about the app for the game yesterday and downloaded it straight away. I'm now sending my fleet out to do my bidding and get my some goods while i'm at work. :D

you can do what now? can you not do that in the WiiU version......god damn it! more reason to double dip during a sale

you can do what now? can you not do that in the WiiU version......god damn it! more reason to double dip during a sale

The app is compatible with the Wii U version.

Also, if you use the phone/tablet app while playing the game, you get a map which lets you scroll and set waypoints.

As it's been said, once you've got full control of the Jackdaw get out in the ocean and explore.

I'd hold off the forts until you've got a few upgrades (armour, canons, mortor rounds) as you'll struggle taking these on with basic stuff. And especially the legendary ships, don't go for these until you've fully upgraded the Jackdaw (gold plated everything (armour, canons, mortor etc))

It's a fine game to play, and it's well worth a double dip especially with the Android app. Which as it's been said, you can send convoys to get materials and stuff to sell. And have mini-sea battles to gain safer passages.

The ships you capture in the main game are the ships you can use on the app (in case anyone didn't know). Bigger the ship, the more goods you can get.

I think I already have full control of the ship, but I'm not really feeling it as much as everyone else I guess.

Just had to do a stealth mission where I stole a key on a plantation, that was awful.

Also what's the deal with Eagle Vision these days? They don't even bother trying to explain it now.

I think I already have full control of the ship, but I'm not really feeling it as much as everyone else I guess.

Just had to do a stealth mission where I stole a key on a plantation, that was awful.

Also what's the deal with Eagle Vision these days? They don't even bother trying to explain it now.

I've never been a fan on the stealth only missions. I'm doing one now where I have to tail boat in my ship. Very annoying.

The one thing i noticed (and enjoyed) is how in this game

They put the Assassin story in the back seat and simply let you be a pirate

I finished the main story today. Despite really enjoying it ( much better than 3 ) I did think it was getting drawn out towards the end.

I was listening to the IGN Playstation Podcast the other day and one of the guys on there was saying how he doesn't care about the story in these games anymore but he's quite happy just to play the game and enjoy the gameplay. I used to be invested in the story but when it brought aliens into it, that's when I checked out.

I've always thought the games could stand on their own without all of that modern day rubbish. They may as well get rid of them seeing how little there was in this one.

I'm sure there were more tailing missions in this compared to the others. It felt like every other mission was where I had to slowly follow some bloke. It started to get real annoying. I think I read these won't be in Unity, which is a relief.

Just sailing around at the moment and trying to mop up various trophies. Some of them well take a while, especially having to upgrade your ship to the max. I still haven't even touched the multiplayer yet.

They kinda toned down the modern stuff this time, or at least made it less important. It's a tough to avoid entirely though, seeing as it is the basis for the series existance in the first place.

You still have to grind to lv 50 for the Platinum, but wolfpack makes that easier if you are lucky with the randoms.

They kinda toned down the modern stuff this time, or at least made it less important. It's a tough to avoid entirely though, seeing as it is the basis for the series existance in the first place.

You still have to grind to lv 50 for the Platinum, but wolfpack makes that easier if you are lucky with the randoms.

Yeah, I've read that you can do Wolfpack solo if randoms keep screwing you over. Do you know if this is true?

A lot of the trophies seem like a bit of a grind. Just unlocking every location and doing all the diving missions at the moment. It may be a case of doing a few trophies here and there between another game.

Yeah, I've read that you can do Wolfpack solo if randoms keep screwing you over. Do you know if this is true?

A lot of the trophies seem like a bit of a grind. Just unlocking every location and doing all the diving missions at the moment. It may be a case of doing a few trophies here and there between another game.

If it is, I never tried it. Can't remember how the points are calculated, but I'd imagine there's some co op bonues you would miss, even if you played with less patient people. But as I said, I haven't tried that solo. I did everything online. Even that app mini game. Added randoms on PSN to help with that in game while I went on with the story.

This is not the game I would say the trophies are a grind personally :p , aside from online, and that just by a little.

Eenuh/Ine suggested yesterday that maybe she should give the game a try. I was about to pop it in for myself and she just finished Strider so needed something to play, so I thought "...ok."

She's been addicted to it. Don't think she's moved all day. I wonder if I'll ever be able to use my PS4 ever again.

She's been addicted to it. Don't think she's moved all day. I wonder if I'll ever be able to use my PS4 ever again.

You could just play some games on your Wii U.

bml.gif