NEurope
Retro_Link

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

http://www.shopto.net/news/41877/Ubisoft-announces-new-Assassins-Creed-game-*update*/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ubisoft has used its latest investor call to announce a new Assassin's Creed game.

CEO Yves Guillemot told investors that the publisher will release a new Assassin's Creed game during the 2014 financial year.

According to the CEO, the game will be developed across several of Ubisoft's global games development studios and will take place in a new time period and star a new character.

The game will likely be revealed in full at this year's E3 and will be released before April 2014 next year.

Good to hear it will be a new time and character once again and not using Assassins Creed III for the next couple of games.

*fingers crossed for London*... again.

http://www.shopto.net/news/41877/Ubisoft-announces-new-Assassins-Creed-game-*update*/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ubisoft has used its latest investor call to announce a new Assassin's Creed game.

CEO Yves Guillemot told investors that the publisher will release a new Assassin's Creed game during the 2014 financial year.

According to the CEO, the game will be developed across several of Ubisoft's global games development studios and will take place in a new time period and star a new character.

The game will likely be revealed in full at this year's E3 and will be released before April 2014 next year.

Good to hear it will be a new time and character once again and not using Assassins Creed III for the next couple of games.

*fingers crossed for London*

I've really enjoyed all of the games. Really got into 3 (which surprised me as I watched my cousin play for 6 hours and it looked dire). I look forward to seeing what they do. Surprised they're not doing more with the americas, and the BOAT!

£10 says this doesn't come out on the Wii U.

I'd like them to go back in time to...I dunno, just a stab in the dark...Ancient Egypt?

I'm on board if they just ignore the whole aliens/sun radiation/progenitors subplot. Still don't understand what the point of any of that was. Because battling for control of man's technological evolution isn't high enough stakes?

£10 says this doesn't come out on the Wii U.

I'd like them to go back in time to...I dunno, just a stab in the dark...Ancient Egypt?

Think that's what that concept art/video was hinting at?

They had that Osiris thing. I'm just disillusioned with the series. I want it to be simpler with less tech, like the first game.

I am absolutely gob-smacked that the Vita version sold 600,000 copies. That's one thin slither of silver lining right there.

I wonder if Patrice Désilets will be back on board now that Ubisoft have swallowed up the bit of THQ that he was working for, feels like Revelations and AC3 went a bit off track story wise, maybe he will oversee the next one....

Surprised they're not doing more with the americas, and the BOAT!

Now someone has finally made a good ship combat system, I think it's time for Ubisoft to make a really good pirate game using it, completely separate from Assassin's Creed.

They had that Osiris thing. I'm just disillusioned with the series. I want it to be simpler with less tech, like the first game.

Osiris was Prince of Persia, but considering the success of Assassin's Creed and how the now-cancelled PoP was running on the Creed engine already, it would actually make sense if they transformed it into an Assassin's Creed game set in Egypt.

Also, with the worshipping and gods at the time, it would fit in to the Eden technology thing extremely well. It would also be a brilliant touch (I think) if a cat had Eden tech around it's neck, on some kind of collar.

Victorian London would be amazing. However, in the Assassin's Creed games you're the hero - you can't kill innocents. In Victorian London the enemy "guards" would be the police. I don't think Ubisoft would quite get away with that.

Uurrm, not if the police are Templars or whatever.

I hope they just go for it. Even if they're not Templars, the main character can regret killing them, but feels like it's necessary to save a large amount of people. There are ways round it if they don't mind that the media will view it wrong.

But I kind of really like the Egypt idea now.

See, I level the same complaint at Nintendo. Don't just slap an established IP on it, come up with something new. I'm bored of Assassin's Creed.

What puts the British police above any other of the guards that have already been killed?

What puts the British police above any other of the guards that have already been killed?

I have no problems with it, but it's something that the media can easily turn into something the blind public will be furious about.

See, I level the same complaint at Nintendo. Don't just slap an established IP on it, come up with something new. I'm bored of Assassin's Creed.
Yeah you would hope that Assassins Creed might become less frequent on the Next Gen console, maybe once every 3-5 years or something, and a new franchise would take it's place.

I would also like it to be completely without guns. I've always hated guns in the installments. They feel so... un-assassin-ish. I also like the idea of ancient Egypt but Victorian London also appeals to me.

They just acquired THQ Montreal who are working on a very similar feeling game in a lot of ways called 1666 I believe why not let AC have the year off and release that..

I know they said it's a different time, but I really want them to continue the Naval Mission mechanics they had in ACIII

Those were amazing, I'd happily play a game that is just that.

Pirates!?... really.

If true, then I the naval battles in ACIII were simply a test for things to come!

What would they have done if people had hated them I wonder?... maybe that's why they had them as the E3 (was it?) demo, to get some feedback in advance.