NEurope
Jimbob

The Mass Effect Mafia (Game Thread)

There are no mistakes in lynch trains. :p

It usually takes the best part of the day to convince people to vote.

Yvonne and Peeps are good to target, as well as Gamepark.

I guarantee we'll get one tomorrow.

Changevote:aqui1a. Decided that I believe you after all @Cube, I think I believe you rather much.

(DuD's still next in my line though :p)

Also aqui1a has been given plenty of time. The day is ending, so this is the only time we get to decide anything. A lynch is better than no lynch IMO - infinitely more likely to hit mafia. Let's see who he was.

Exactly what I said earlier about the danger of the doubles. Town/neutral double goes the wrong way, mafia can jump on easily.

ON DAY TWO.

Aqui1a was given no chance. Let's hope it was actually a town jump rather than a mafia one.

If Aqui1a is town, and there's a successful kill tonight, majority will be 5. One townie voting the wrong way can hand the game to them.

We've been calling for him the entire phase. He had every chance.

setting up the possibility of lynch train on D2 is really bad game design. I think Jimbob knows enough about running games by now not to cause that. I strongly doubt Peeps is mafia even if this hits a townie.

Did @Cube say he won't neccessarily pass on power information tonight? Or what happens when he finds the person he needs to find? Could possibly work in the way of investigator. Assuming @Cube passes his information to the right person, and not to the mafia.

I still would've preferred to lynch Cube but he has people convinced so it's not going to happen. On the off-chance that he's right and there's a double vote for each faction (if he's even neutral), Aqui1a is likely to have a double vote and be mafia. Better than nothing and if he turns up town then I'll be looking to Ganepark for the same reasons Yvonne mentioned. mr-paul and DuD are also on my suspect list but it's completely baseless atm.

I just think three doubles, even two doubles, in a game this small, is very unfair. I don't see how Aqui1a was "likely" to have a double, and be mafia. He's been lynched on no evidence, it shouldn't be that easy on day two.

I didn't vote for aqui1a because of this double business, it's because he's been thoroughly inactive/quiet to all the questions asked of him. I'm still waiting to see whether or not to trust @Cube, and I still hold my suspicions of DuD.

I still think Cube is mafia with a double vote rather than their being three players with a double vote in this game. I can't see why Cube would have a double vote with the power he has and if he's neutral. It doesn't make sense.

Did I miss where we found a third double voter? Aren't there just two?

Exactly what I was thinking, but was willing to give benefit of doubt, go for a no lynch tonight, then see if any more info came out on both Cube and yourself tomorrow.

That was directed at @The Peeps, btw.

Did I miss where we found a third double voter? Aren't there just two?

Pure speculation. On DuD's part unless I'm mistaken, never witnessed/backed up/evidenced/proved. Somehow aqui1a must have been a mystery 3rd double voter on DuD's 'facts' - I didn't quite get how it came to it though.

I don't see the point in stringing it along for one more night when I'm obviously going to be killed tonight. I'd rather do something in the game.

I do believe Jimbob called for today's proceedings to end at 10 hours past the midday Sun. ... That occured over an hour ago.

Otherwise, 1'd be happy to vote Aqui1a, what with h1m not saying much of anyth1ng so far.

@Cube. It was nothing but personal. ;D

Did @Cube say he won't neccessarily pass on power information tonight?

It will be different information, that's all.

Votes as Follows

Aqui1a - Cube, Peeps, Yvonne, Ganepark32 (6)

No Lynch - Mr-Paul (1)

Cube - Sheilkah, Magnus Peterson (2)

Majority is 6 (11 players)

(Sorry Rummy, your vote hasn't counted as it exceeded the 10pm deadline for the day phase

The crew and the folk on the Citadel certainly wern't best pleased, 2 unexplained deaths in the last 2 days and no-one really knowing anything of importance. There was one person however who stood out as being too quiet and avoiding the situation, in a way denying what was happening. The crew wern't too sure on them anyway, so they headed to where he was last seen. Which was in Docking Bay D24 (Normandy docking bay). They found him loading some stuff onto the ship, and when asked what he was loading. They were very suspicious of him, maybe because he was showing war-wounds from previous battles. And the fact he had stuff from the Blue Suns with him.

It was clear he was looking to get clear from the Citadel and head back to the Omega system. The town stopped him, called the Alliance military and he was swiftly arrested awaiting trial.

Aqui1a is dead, he was Zaeed Massani

Zaeed_Character_Box.png

A former bounty hunter, turned good. You once were the leader of the blue suns before being banished from the group. Even fighting back didn’t help, so you returned to the depths waiting to fight another day. Commander Shepard was there to help you come out of the shadows, and now his demise brings you out to seek against those who oppose.

Reverse Alignment investigator. Pick a target and a recipient. The recipient is given the alignment investigation result of your target but not the target name. You will be told if the information was received by the recipient

He was a member of the Town

With the latest suspect arrested, the crew went back to their night actions. Some boarded the SR2 Normandy ready to head out.

Night beings now, get those PM's in. Night is due to end 10pm Monday.

Alive

@Jon Dedede

@Mr\-Paul

Deceased

Nintendohnut

@Aqui1a

Edited by Jimbob

Well that's a bit bummy! I was at work til half 9 :( Rules is rules though.

Automerge preventation gooo

Lol, that is quite true actually.

(assuming no untowardness that explains it)

Which part buggered up this time around.

Edit: Shit, missed one vital vote. Re-edited initial post

Edited by Jimbob

Today, 09:53 PM #117

Ganepark32

N-Europe Forum Aficionado

I haven't played a Mafia game for a long time but I was going to suggest earlier that Cube could be a neutral. But then, with only a 12 player count, would there really be neutral player(s)? And if not, then there wouldn't be 2 townies with double votes, right? Again, it's been a while so my knowledge of these games is foggy.

Anyway, I'm willing to give Cube the benefit of the doubt for now as there's not really a huge amount to go on for anyone.

Saying that, however, due to a lack of posting, I'm gonna Vote: Aqui1a

Just saw that myself, re-edited the end of day post. Aqui1a has been lynched, my mistake.