NEurope
Jimbob

The Mass Effect Mafia (Game Thread)

I saw Peeps and Cube together last night which would fit Cube passing Peeps info. Got no info though about why he might have been untargetable.

@Cube, what is a power protector?

Heavy loss for the first night :sad:

As for myself, last night I received a message from a mystery source.

"The Asari has the power to reflect those who come nearby"

I have no idea what it means as I haven't played the games.

My target last night was Peeps.

A power protector blocks all powers, but usually does not block kills.

I was trying to find out if he was the fish to my chips, maybe he was the odd night version of me?

As it turns out, (unless he's lying) we have completely different powers.. and he said he didn't know of his inability to be targeted, where as I do.

Strikes me as odd that Aqui1a is now being accused of the same thing. How many people can possibly be untargettable?

Yeah, I could have done that Rummy, or I could explain my predicament early so as I don't have to explain myself later and it also lets town power roles know not to waste any even nights on me. Works both ways.

If I had said nothing, I'd probably have you giving me the reverse argument during the late game :indeed:

A commuter mafia member would seriously restrict the mafia, and just wouldn't exist.

Try targeting me on any even night if you wish to waste your power :)

Or you're trying to protect yourself from being targetted, or your power is more sinistar and you're trying to explain it away with this early, so it doesn't arouse suspicion later. Either way, I don't buy it and I don't like you; Vote: DuD.

Bit harsh but whatever floats your boat.

Target me tonight. Dare you.

You dare him? See now it seems like you're implying something negative will happen to Rummy if he does try and 'call your bluff'... the whole thing seems weird to me but I'm not going to vote for anyone just yet.

@Ganepark32 we've not heard anything from you today.

More surprisingly there's been nothing from @Yvonne yet either.

I'm daring him so he will find out.

I've pre-warned everyone it'll be a waste, but he's got to be making some theory out of it and saying he doesn't like me?

So yeah, if he wants to waste his night, I dare him to go ahead.

if there were something negative to come of it and I was mafia surely I'd just keep quiet no?

Smells fishy is all, mighty fishy. Your quick vote for Cube, revealing the fact you're untargetable(which given the numbers is currently at least 1/11 chance the mafia fail a kill tonight, maybe 1/9 or even 1/8 the night after the next), I just think that's silly. I'd have kept it to myself, that's a huge power - 50% chance of death! Sorta. I don't think you'd reveal so quickly if you were town is all.

I agree with Rummy that I would keep the power to myself but if DuD thinks Cube has the same power (to be untargetable) then it makes sense that he'd come out with his own. The reason being that he wouldn't reveal it without reason so we have to know he's telling the truth... I think he's only revealed it to 'out' Cube... but it does seem really rash to jump to the conclusion that Cube is untargetable. What exactly did your PM say, DuD?

There are far more town players than mafia players, so if you wanna look at statistics its far more likely for town players to waste a target on me than it is a Mafioso to waste a target on me.

Everyone knows not to target me now. That's a good thing for the mafia yes.. but it's also good for the town. Information is keen for the town, so not knowing this hinders them AND loss of knowlege through me not telling about this hinders them.

Yes I can see your point, but that's how you would have chose to play the role. I've chosen to play it my way as I think a town inn the know is better.

There are far more town players than mafia players, so if you wanna look at statistics its far more likely for town players to waste a target on me than it is a Mafioso to waste a target on me.

Everyone knows not to target me now. That's a good thing for the mafia yes.. but it's also good for the town. Information is keen for the town, so not knowing this hinders them AND loss of knowlege through me not telling about this hinders them.

Yes I can see your point, but that's how you would have chose to play the role. I've chosen to play it my way as I think a town inn the know is better.

So there's also likely to be more town info anyway(as not everyone will target you) because there is more town. Kills however are what win and decide the game, it's the mafia's greatest power in achieving their goal of reaching majority by reducing town numbers. It is essentially their entire game. Potentially preventing that is much huge imo. I don't think it's like you to make an oversight like this, unless...you were maybe mafia. My vote stays.

Smells fishy is all, mighty fishy. Your quick vote for Cube, revealing the fact you're untargetable(which given the numbers is currently at least 1/11 chance the mafia fail a kill tonight, maybe 1/9 or even 1/8 the night after the next), I just think that's silly. I'd have kept it to myself, that's a huge power - 50% chance of death! Sorta. I don't think you'd reveal so quickly if you were town is all.

I agree. It's not what you'd expect from a townie.

Vote: DuD

Read

Acknowledged

Finished on the subject

Hi everyone! Still working weekends in LA, so my hours are erratic. Something I noticed from the previous day - double voter in the mix.

Gonna check in again a bit later.

Bit harsh but whatever floats your boat.

Target me tonight. Dare you.

This could basically mean you plan to be protected tonight.

I don't believe that is the way you would choose to play the role if you were town. Because if you were telling the truth, Mafia now know when to kill you to be successful.

So one of these people has a double vote... anyone care to prove it is/isn't them?

Yvonne, Magnus Peterson, DuD, Cube, Sheikah, Ganepark, Jon Dedede

Vote Count (as it stands)

DuD - Sheikah, Rummy (2)

Majority is 6 (11 players)

So it's either DuD, Cube, Ganepark or Jon Dedede...

It's very important that we figure out who it is because I have a double vote myself. I'm a power protecter, I targeted Cube on night 1 (yes that's why DuD couldn't target him) and I am town.

Don't have anything to add to the conversation as I didn't get any info. My power failed in both of its aspects. I'm a role blocker but I'm supposed to be able to get any info that my target got on his/her target that night but I got zip.

As for the double vote, I did notice that but never thought to mention anything. I don't believe it's me but I'll put up a test vote against myself to see whether that's the case or not.

Vote: Ganepark32

Read

Acknowledged

Finished on the subject

You've chosen to play it the mafia way!

Vote: Cube

It's very important that we figure out who it is because I have a double vote myself. I'm a power protecter, I targeted Cube on night 1 (yes that's why DuD couldn't target him) and I am town.

That's very interesting

@Jon Dedede. Who are you and what is your power?