NEurope
Jimbob

The Mass Effect Mafia (Game Thread)

Welcome to my 3rd mafia game, hope everyone has fun.

The events of the Reaper Invasion took place, various locations and craft were wiped in the final events of the battle. Including the Citadel, Normandy and many, many Mass Relays were anniliated. But the galaxy was saved from the threat.

Years have passed since the events, the various species of the galaxy rebuilt the relays. The Citadel was rebuilt as the central hub for all business transactions. Things were returning back to what could be classed as normal. Once the Citadel was rebuilt, the entire galaxy was invited for it's grand re-opening. Everyone from Salarians to Krogan were seen galavanting around. Even the old crew of the SR2 Alliance Normandy, the crew that helped save the galaxy were seen among the revellers.

Everyone headed to the coucil ward for the council's opening speech. As it was due to start pretty quick, as the council had a busy schedule, everyone was rushing to get the best spots. People were pushed, shoved by everyone else. A few Krogan made an exception to the shoving by shoving back. This bought in many other species to try and calm the comotion. Unfortunetly, something happened. Something terrible. Once the commotion had calmed, there was a body on the floor. An Alliance member turned the body over and found the I.D of the unlucky person. Along with an N7 badge and Spectre ID.

Commander John Shepard was murdered. He was the Commander of the SR2 Normandy

Commander_Shepard.jpg

With this event, everyone didn't know what to do. The Alliance suggested people go back home whilst investigations were carried out.

Standard rules apply

• No quoting PMs unless specified by GM. You may paraphrase.
  • No modifying posts
  • Days last at least 48 hours, at most 96 depending on activity in-game. If majority votes are reached, day will end.
  • Nights last around 24 - 36 hours
  • If you are killed, you can post a quick "Sorry i'm dead, great game" style post. Nothing that will affect the game for the rest.

12 players, majority is 7

@Jon Dedede

@Cube

@Peeps

@Ganepark

@Nintendohnut

@Rummy

@Magnus Peterson

@Yvonne

@Aqui1a

@Mr Paul

It begins again. Day is scheduled to end 1am Saturday Morning (48 hours)

Majority Reached

No Lynch - Yvonne, Magnus Peterson, DuD, Cube, Sheikah, Ganepark, Jon Dedede (8)

As the Alliance is now underway in it's investigations on Commander Shepards murder, the Citadel is in lockdown. Only those with authorisation are allowed to leave. Everyone had gone back to their quarters and accomodation for the night as instructed

12 players

@DuD

@Sheikah

@Jon Dedede

@Cube

@Peeps

@Ganepark

@Nintendohnut

@Rummy

@Magnus Peterson

@Yvonne

@Aqui1a

@Mr-Paul

Night begins now, due to end 8:30pm Friday

The Alliance Military were investigating the death of Commander Shepard, and had informed everyone to remain indoors. Most people obeyed the message, all except one. The Krogan known simply as Wrex.

He decided that it was time to get to the bottom of this murder himself. He sought the location where Shepard's body was found and started looking for clues as to what happened. He couldn't find anything no matter how hard he looked, the Alliance had cleared everything away except the blood stains. So he went to Purgetory for a few drinks to mull over his next move. Unfortunetly for him, this was a mistake. He was ambushed just outside Purgetory. He tried everything to get them off his back, but alas nothing worked. Before he knew it, he was on the floor with 2 broken legs being dragged towards the barriers. Where he was hoisted up and thrown from the top, he just so happened to land next to the Human Embassy.

Urnot Wrex has been killed, Nintendohnut is no longer in the game.

20100610185239!Wrex_Character_Box.png

The leader of the Genofage-free Krogan empire on Tuchunka. Like Garrus, you have the respect of many crew members of the Normandy. But you also have the respect of the entire Krogan population as well. Who are at your disposal whenever you need to send them into battle.

Your power and role – Because of the above, you are a kill protector. You can use the Krogan to protect anyone from being killed by the mafia on each night phase. You are town.

With Wrex gone, the remaining crew began the day none the wiser.

Alive

@DuD

@Sheikah

@Jon Dedede

@Cube

@The Peeps

@Ganepark32

@Rummy

@Magnus Peterson

@Yvonne

@Aqui1a

@Mr-Paul

Deceased

@Nintendohnut

11 players, the majority is now 6

Day begins now!!!!!!!. You have until 10pm on Sunday

Awwww that was a crap one to dieeee.

Anything get anything interesting? I've been researching real life mafias today at work. Amazing how widespread they still are across Europe. But that's totally irrelevant and has nothing to do with. I've got nothing to share yet, other than my action succeeded.

Heavy loss for the first night :sad:

As for myself, last night I received a message from a mystery source.

"The Asari has the power to reflect those who come nearby"

I have no idea what it means as I haven't played the games.

I attempted to target Cube who for some reason was "untargetable" which seems pretty scummy, so I'm gonna start heavy with a

Vote:Cube

talk.

talk.

I got information on someone and passed it to @The Peeps. As this role describes a power protector, I'd rather not out them.

My role doesn't mention that I am untargetable (although it is something that could fit my role), so perhaps this person targeted me.

Was anyone else unable to target Cube?

Was Cube a random first choice for night 1, DuD?

My night 1 is always rng, I think its the best way of picking when anyone could do anything.. Theres no bias. In this instant my wife picked him :)

I actually had a reason for pushing that as I wanted to see if he could use a power whilst being untargetable.

My role has a commuter modifier, so I can't be targeted on even nights, but I also can't do anything on them either.

Being able to target and people being unable to target you seems overpowered though?

I'll remove my vote for now, but it's something for people to keep an eye on.

My night 1 is always rng, I think its the best way of picking when anyone could do anything.. Theres no bias. In this instant my wife picked him :)

I actually had a reason for pushing that as I wanted to see if he could use a power whilst being untargetable.

My role has a commuter modifier, so I can't be targeted on even nights, but I also can't do anything on them either.

Being able to target and people being unable to target you seems overpowered though?

I'll remove my vote for now, but it's something for people to keep an eye on.

That's quite an interesting thing to reveal so early. Would you not think it apt as town not to reveal your inability to be targeted only every other night, hoping for the potential to waste a mafia's night kill? Of course, a mafia would have no such worry/thinking, no?

I was trying to find out if he was the fish to my chips, maybe he was the odd night version of me?

As it turns out, (unless he's lying) we have completely different powers.. and he said he didn't know of his inability to be targeted, where as I do.

Strikes me as odd that Aqui1a is now being accused of the same thing. How many people can possibly be untargettable?

Yeah, I could have done that Rummy, or I could explain my predicament early so as I don't have to explain myself later and it also lets town power roles know not to waste any even nights on me. Works both ways.

If I had said nothing, I'd probably have you giving me the reverse argument during the late game :indeed:

A commuter mafia member would seriously restrict the mafia, and just wouldn't exist.

Try targeting me on any even night if you wish to waste your power :)