NEurope
Captain Falcon

Deus Ex: Human Defiance (Movie)

So according to this, some guy has discovered a new S-E trademark for "Deus Ex: Human Defiance".

No one actually knows what it is, but this gamer is praying it's a sequel to the stunning Human Revolution.

Whilst the article speculates on whether it is an enhanced version of Human Revolution or a follow-up, the naming to me would suggest the latter. It could also be related to the upcoming movie.

Whilst HR has multiple different endings, it's not difficult to see how any of them could lead to a future of even greater animosity between augmented and none augmented people, hence the "Defiance" part of the title, and referencing the "Human" part of the previous subtitle makes it sound like a direct follow up rather than another game much further along the timeline.

For me, HR isn't just one of the best games of the last gen, it's one of the best games I've played full stop. It delivers an experience that just engulfs you as a player and the soundtrack is unbelievably good. Of all the games with unanounced sequels, and all those with them, this is the one I want the most.

Edited by Captain Falcon

unfortunately as much as i'd beg cheat and steal for a sequel....this will be the Wiiu port thats been widely speculated to be the SE port they are doing for the WiiU

since i'm selling my 360 and all games (of which this was one), i might buy it on WiiU if its not too long a wait for it

There is no doubt that the game pad would fit perfectly into the world and make it the definitive version of what is already a phenomenal game, but is it going to appeal to the Wii U crowd where other, higher profile, games like CoD and AC3 which were there day and date have failed to have much impact? It also doesn't help with the perception of it being a late port machine and there is always a stigma attached to late games even when they are as brilliant as this or Batman: Arkham City. Also begs the question of why change the name when the can add a further title like with the "Limited" and "Augmented" editions version that had the bonus dlc in them.

I don't think it would do the brand any good unless there were significant changes to warrant releases on other platforms so they might as well just plow on with the proper sequel we all genuinely want.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Ughh, another late port? It's a fantastic game, and the Wii U's controller will most likely spice it up a little but I wouldn't pay full price for it, especially considering I got it for £3.60 on Steam the other day.

Ughh, another late port? It's a fantastic game, and the Wii U's controller will most likely spice it up a little but I wouldn't pay full price for it, especially considering I got it for £3.60 on Steam the other day.

You hit the nail on the head here. I don't mind these ports, but I don't like paying full price for them. If they release Deus Ex on Wii U it should be at a budget price - £25 would be perfect.

I've already beaten it on the PC and would buy it again on Wii U, but only at the right price.

Well we don't know what it is yet so I threw it in here since none of the other games have ever graced Nintendo platforms.

And again, even with improvements, the game is frequently in the Steam sales at a stupidly low price and has seen its price hit sub £10 even on consoles in sales.

If the intention is to have the sequel on PS4/720/PC and Wii U then perhaps releasing the game to allow them (Nintendo only gamers) to get up to speed is a good idea but it wasn't like the game sold exceptionally well in the first place despite huge install bases to aim at and Wii U market would only add neligble sales to that total as it stands.

Moved to Nintendo Gaming as it seems the likely option.

Love your enthusiasm for the game @Captain Falcon, I might well pick up the PS3 version as it's £10.

Or maybe the Wii U version if I am closer to getting the console by the time I would get round to playing it.

Cap you make a good point there, given how Arkham city only had a sub heading added, and how HR had a sub titile for special editions.....this could actually be a new game!

also @Debug Mode reminded me that i too bought it for PC when it was £3.60....forgot about that! i bought all three deus ex off steam...... if this is just a WiiU version, or indeed if it isn't but a Wiiu version comes do i really need to buy it again?

the answer is yes the game was A-MAZE-ING!

Moved to Nintendo Gaming as it seems the likely option.

Love your enthusiasm for the game @Captain Falcon, I might well pick up the PS3 version as it's £10.

Or maybe the Wii U version if I am closer to getting the console by the time I would get round to playing it.

When I got a new computer back in 2011, I bought Human Revolution having no real knowledge of the series past, but just knowing it had gotten good reviews.

But it blew me away on so many levels from the stylish graphics, the incredible score, good voice acting, the depth of gameplay and the intriguing story that to be honest, could be a reality some day in the not too distance future - it felt too close to the bone in some ways, like a foreshadowing of events to come, but that's what made it all the more engaging. The things you do in the game actually matter and help shape the story and you are left at the end with moral choice of which there is no right or wrong answer.

And it wasn't a 5hr and done job either, it was a true lengthy campaign and the game provided enough in game choices that it didn't have to add new game modes after beating it to encourage replays.

And the DLC which may feel a little shoehorned in some ways since it happens during the main game but never gets mentioned, is just more of the same excellent game with a great boss fight (which is the only negative thing about the main game) and its own story threads that have repercusions in the whole Deus Ex story and also comes with its moral choices to make and they aren't easy.

You owe it to yourself to own that game.

Edited by Captain Falcon

If this is a port and if it turns out well, I think I'll be picking the game up for a third time.

You hit the nail on the head here. I don't mind these ports, but I don't like paying full price for them. If they release Deus Ex on Wii U it should be at a budget price - £25 would be perfect.

This is my problem with most of the late ports which have been released on the Wii U. I know they've had to invest extra development time and that has cost money but it's hardly attractive to see a game, which is seemingly the same as on other platforms, cost over twice as much.

I loved HR but never got to the end, if this is a new game or a port ill buy it either way, the previous game was mind blowing!

So it's been discovered that this in fact relates to the CBS movie production and not a new game. That's a shame but at least it shows they are genuinely committed to the film and it's progressing. I just hope they don't make a complete hash of it. I mean, all the work is already there for them and the cinematic trailers they did for the game prior to it's release serve as excellent templates on how to handle the thing a la...

Not too sure what to do with this thread now since it's not a game... suggestions mods?

Move it to general chit-chat and let the discussion about the movie roll on?

At some point I've gotta go back through and play my action run of HR.

The guys at eidos Montreal really seemed to dig down into the difficulties behind augmentation so I can only hope that any TV movie made from it can keep that at its core. As to the name, I think it could be heavilly hinting towards the general sustain towards augmentation that exists in the original game. This excites me.

At some point I've gotta go back through and play my action run of HR.

The guys at eidos Montreal really seemed to dig down into the difficulties behind augmentation so I can only hope that any TV movie made from it can keep that at its core. As to the name, I think it could be heavilly hinting towards the general sustain towards augmentation that exists in the original game. This excites me.

The different name could be a result of them telling a slightly different story than the one seen in the game. The game is a bit long to tell in a movie and so you'd probably have to take some chunks out of it. Maybe giving it a different name is just their way to claw back some creative licence without upsetting the fans because they changed the story. It could also just be a game set in the Deus Ex universe at the time of the events of Human Revolution but it doesn't follow Adam Jenson at all. The conflict between the Augmentation lobby and Pro-Human camps served as the back drop to the games story but you never got to see that much of the actual conflict first hand - maybe they want to give that a bit more forcus in the film.

I liked how they looked at augmentations from all the different angles too. It wasn't just the class divide concept with the haves and have-nots but also about the dependancy on medication to avoid limb rejection, the idea that people could become addicted to augmentations and that some people don't even choose to have them but get forced into via damage sustained in conflicts like wars and such and how it affects the individuals and the people around them.

Damn, I was secretly hoping this would be a modern remake of the original Deus Ex.

Although there is a modified version of Deus Ex: Human Resistance which should be announced soon. Either a "GOTY" edition or Wii U (or both).

Deus Ex: The Fall

S-E have been snapping up some domain names all related to the above name it seems. Surely this has to be the new game now given names have been found for both the film and the supposed Wii U/GOTY style version. Is the fall a reference to the falling of the mega corporations with their various interests or perhaps it relates to the fall of the hero him/herself either because they have gone bad or because they are taking the blame for something that wasn't their fault. Is it a consequence of actions contained entirely in the new games story or maybe as a result of the end of HR if the story continues with Adam being blamed for a certain set of events.

Eurogamer Link

Aaaaand we're going back around in circles on this one!

Eidos Montreal are supposedly revealing this today (this is either going to be some shitty April Fools joke or an amazing April Fools joke which every one is going to presume isn't real until they fully reveal). Not only that, it's supposedly not a movie.

I'm not believing shit until I see it. They're playing with my emotions.

EDIT:

Well here it is

Mother fuckers..

Edited by Debug Mode
Automerged Doublepost

And for convenience...

It gave me a chuckle anyway - sspecially everytime I heard a sound effect from Mega Man too. As one can imagine, Capcom haven't done a Mega Man related April Fools as it would probably start riots outside their SF head quarters. Instead they opted for "Super Duper Street Fighter IV" which introduces the "Duper" bar allowing for "Super Duper" moves and wins.

As my post a couple above mentions, there is already another Deus Ex trademark that has yet to be clarified and this sort of had been identified so I never expected this to be anythinhg other than a stunt.