NEurope
ReZourceman

Duplicate Delivery - Right Or Wrong?

I purchased this from LEGO.com

lego-creator-expert-10232-palace-cinema.jpg

£119.99

I tracked the parcel after it didn't show up in a while, and it had the wrong address (My name, Name of street) instead of (My name, flat number, name of building, name of street), so I contacted customer services to inform them of the error. They were great, and re-sent the parcel express delivery to the correct address.

That arrived yesterday, and then the first one arrived to day.

156404_10152611321100581_1942309531_n.jpg

I am basically keeping it - I know that is wrong.

Part of my feels guilty, but the other, bigger part was just given a really big, free LEGO set.

But....what would you do?

When life gives you Legos, you make Legonade!

I say that keeping both is no big deal

The "right" thing to do would be to own up and say that the first one arrived.

Honestly though, nobody is going to give a fuck if you do that or don't. You'll be a hero for all of 10 seconds and then in a month's time something will happen with something else and you'll get screwed over. :p

It's not a truly terrible thing. It's...pretty expensive for what it is. The way I see it, you've already invested so much in them and paid your dues, so this one can slide. I can't see anybody getting hurt over this and you're not causing distress to anyone.

It's definitely wrong.

Oh wait, you're talking about keeping the duplicate delivery, not about a grown man spending a ridiculous amount of money on Lego.

A few years ago, I ordered the whole of Battlestar Galactica on Blu-Ray from Amazon. After a week it had still not arrived, but asked me to wait as the weather (it was winter) may have slowed it down. After two weeks, they sent another.

The second one arrived (as it was tracked). Then the first arrived the day later.

So I stuck it on Play.com. As I bought it in an offer, I actually sold it for more than I bought it for.

In addition, I fully expect you to modify the second part into an extension of a cinema (so there's still only one door).

The exact same thing happened to me with a CD once. Since the band is completely independent, I e-mailed them and asked if it'd be okay for me to give the extra album to a friend as a gift, and they were fine with that. Had it been a large corporation, I probably wouldn't have felt as bad about it. It's also fair to expect them to deliver it properly the first time, isn't it? I know it's not exactly justified, but on the other hand it's not something terrible.

Send it back to them brick by brick, one a week. Go on. You're one of the only people I know who'd get a kick out of doing something like that.

---

You should also consider the fact that if you can track it, so can they. They'll know it was delivered.

Edited by Guy

Actually, as it was tracked it would be worth holding on to it for at least a month before doing anything with it.

Why do you need two identical sets?

Actually never mind that, you're 26 years old and you honestly just spent 120 quid on Lego for yourself? wtf.

Edited by Ronnie

Presumably because LEGO is awesome.

Or he has a kid he's never told us about.

Chained up in the basement.

Presumably because LEGO is awesome.

Or he has a kid he's never told us about.

Chained up in the basement.

I think he's the one living in the basement.

Keep it. The manufacturing cost of a single set is likely to be less than a quarter of the retail price.

I think he's the one living in the basement.

Well, yeah.

That's where the LEGO is.

Balls to that. Keep it. You should consider it a gift for your loyalty.

I've had something come twice one after complaining. It's not my fault they (featuring Royal Mail) couldn't get their shit together properly the first time. It was Metroid Other M for subscribing to Nintendo Gamer. It's not that good a game and I already owned it but I'll be damned if I'm not getting my free gift. Now I have two extra copies.

Anyone wanna trade? I'll trade you for your Lego ReZ.

Amazon sent me 6 copies of Skyrim. That was cool.

I used to use Amazon for deliveries like you, then I took an arrow to the knee.

I once ordered something from Amazon (can't remember what it was, something for Mother's Day i think) and when it arrived, there was something else crudely stuffed into the box.

I opened it up, and there was a small box of Lego crammed in with the item i'd ordered.

Strange.

Keeping it is almost as bad as touching kids.

So I guess you're kinda ok.

Edited by Rummy

I ordered the Mattel Prop replica of the Ghostbusters Ghost Trap the other year, and after 2 months it hadn't arrived so i complained, after 10 emails and numerous complaints Mattel sent me another which took about 2 weeks to arrive

a month later the first arrived......

Mattel are a horrible company and originally wanted to say tough an international customer has no rights.....so i sold it on ebay for almost double the price i bought it for

i feel no remorse what so ever

I ordered a SNES Classic Controller from the Stars Catalogue a while back, got it in good time.

Then, 4 weeks later, I got a second one in the post. Felt bad about it, still haven't decided what to do