NEurope
Wii

Beyond Good & Evil 2

Beyond Good & Evil 2 Coming To Wii U?

beyond_good__evil_2_screen_2.jpg

Ubisoft developer Mathieu Audrain who is supposedly working on Beyond Good and Evil 2 has listed that the game could be coming to Wii U on his Linkedin profile. Audrain is the level designer behind both ZombiU and Beyond Good and Evil 2. The way that he has listed the game along with the platforms doesn’t really make it one hundred percent clear. Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been in development for a long time, so let’s hope it hasn’t been canned.

at1t.png

Ubisoft CEO says Beyond Good and Evil 2 is coming

"I don't give comments anymore on BG&E2... because I think... the next time next time we communicate we have to have something new. It's coming." - Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot

SO many years of teasing and false reveals for this game. It's #1 on the top of my list for vaporware that should be real. I don't just want the sequel...I need it.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196840

I'm hoping this manages to buck the trend set by Too Human, Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I'm hoping this manages to buck the trend set by Too Human, Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines.

As do I, it really should do given how good the first game was but then again the original came out around a decade ago so we'll just have to keep playing the waiting game I guess.

It would be interesting if it appeared as a Wii U exclusive at this years E3 but if it did then I suppose that would be doing something of a disservice to those who bought it on other platforms, didn't it originally sell the most copies on the GC though back in the day?

I started playing through the original last year for the first time and, whilst decent, I found it to be considerably overrated :hmm:

In fairness, I haven't yet finished it as I stopped playing somewhere in the middle of it but I certainly wouldn't really be excited for a sequel. It would be a pleasant surprise if it came to Wii U and was great, though :smile:

Looking at the way it is listed on the profile though it could be possible that it is just a poorly constructed profile info.

It says "Killer Freaks/Beyond Good & Evil 2 (Wii U and PS3, Xbox360)"

We know Killer Freaks was a Wii U title (and then became ZombiU).... isn't it possible the the "Wii U" part only refers to Killer Freaks? with the "and" placed between teh Wii U and other 2 systems too it seems weird, like it is saying "Killer Freaks on Wii U and BG&E2 on PS3, 360" standard grammar would be that the "and" come before the last object (in this case the 360) not the 2nd last.

If it was refering to all systems for BG&E2 then you could say the same for Killer Freaks too.

Were they working on Killer Freaks on PS3 and 360?

EDIT:

Of course I hope I am wrong, I loved the first game on the GC and would love a sequel :D

I started playing through the original last year for the first time and, whilst decent, I found it to be considerably overrated :hmm:

In fairness, I haven't yet finished it as I stopped playing somewhere in the middle of it but I certainly wouldn't really be excited for a sequel. It would be a pleasant surprise if it came to Wii U and was great, though :smile:

I played the original when it first came out and always felt it to be a touch overrated, though still decent enough, as you say. It's a a hodgepodge of different ideas, none of which are fully realised. The story, setting and characters are the big draw, but even there it feels like bags of potential more than anything.

I'd LOVE a sequel to see the light of day for that very reason (and the ending was practically begging for it)!

I've had my fingers crossed for a sequel for so many years now. Yes, the original has it's flaws where it doesn't quite hit all the right notes but it definitely struck a chord with me and the whole setting of Hillys, the characters, and soundtrack is definitely something I'd love to experience again in a new game.

Surprised Yves Guillemot bothered commenting on it though. I've seen some suggest that it's a bit of damage control in light of rumours of Ancel and some of his team leaving Ubisoft after Rayman Legend ships, which if true (and I have no inclination to whether it is or isn't) would be a huge blow for this getting released and for Ubisoft in general.

Regardless, one day I do hope we get to see more of Jade, Pey'j and Co. Until then, the original will suffice as it can be finished in about 4 hours or so with most of the orbs collected. Overdue another play of that game.

Destined to sell only 8 copies.

But those 8 people would demand a sequel and love it as much as the original (I'm one of the 8!)

I've completed the original but I didn't quite "get" it. It was good, but bear in mind reviews were saying it was a mature/grown-up version of Zelda and therefore better than Wind Waker! Nonetheless, I would give the sequel a go.

I don't think the listing means it's coming to Wii U, by the way, although considering the first game is all about photo-journalism, the GamePad would probably suit it.

Ubisoft Teasing Beyond Good & Evil 2 Reveal At E3?

ubisoft_e3_peyj.png

Ubisoft posted the above image of Pey’j from the critically acclaimed Beyond Good & Evil on their Facebook page. The team at Ubisoft wrote “We’re a bit busy prepping for E3. Time to call in some reinforcements. (Points if you remember this classic character!)” Beyond Good & Evil 2 was announced way back in 2008. Hopefully we will see the return of the long-awaited game at E3 next week.

So it looks like we're going to see the fruition of this long running rumour at E3 and with Ubisoft being one of the few friends the Wii U has hopefully we get this game.

Their post doesn't necessarily reflect that rumour... could just be a bit of nostalgia.

Of Course!

This is a Ubisoft franchise!

Probably safe to say we'll get this on the WiiU.

That trailer from way back when looked really sweet!

I'm still waiting for the right time to pick up and play the original.

もうすぐ。。。。もうすぐ

I'm still waiting for the right time to pick up and play the original.

Maybe you don't mind at all, but if you're going to get the Cube version, know that in NL, it comes with dutch and french voices, eventhough it says english included on the box. Well, it was the case for the version I bought at least (maybe they've changed it).

Edit: nvm this, I read that as you still needing to buy it, but you likely already got it:p

Edited by Nyubi

Maybe you don't mind at all, but if you're going to get the Cube version, know that in NL, it comes with dutch and french voices, eventhough it says english included on the box. Well, it was the case for the version I bought at least (maybe they've changed it).

Edit: nvm this, I read that as you still needing to buy it, but you likely already got it:p

No, didn't pick it up yet.

Thanks for the heads up!

It could just be a bit of nostalgia, but please please please say it's a strong hint at a BG&E sequel! No it wasn't anywhere near the quality of Wind Waker, but I really enjoyed the story, the premise, and a lot of the ideas the original had, and I've been one of those clamouring for a sequel! Now Ubisoft, remember on which of the consoles you sold the most versions of, even with the short-term exclusivity deal you struck with Sony. (I think it was Sony not Microsoft, but let me know if I'm wrong on this one). Hopefully they will reward the Nintendo faithful who purchased the original with a version of the follow-up on Wii U!

Loved the original. It had the ONLY and I mean ONLY stealth sections in any game ever that I could stomach. Even in Zelda I hated the stealth. But this game really did it brilliantly.

I would love to see a sequel, but I think the time has passed - original fans have probably mostly moved on and the ones who are left don't constitute a large enough base on which to build a new game.

BG&E 2 will happen when it's perfect.

Coming from a Eurogamer interview with Ubisoft's Europe boss Alain Corre...

"There are some works on it. There are some iterations on it. Now, some games are taking longer to be done, depending also on the creativity the creator can bring. You see the level of quality of the games today is very high. It takes time to find the right angle and message. It's true that the trailer we showed years ago, in the desert with the pig sneezing and flies still resonates very well. These kind of brands are part of Ubisoft's DNA. It will happen when it will be perfect."

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205697

Not being funny or anything, but a sequel for a game that sold poorly being released on a system that isn't selling that well is a recipe for disaster.