NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Debug Mode

Hey Nintendo, where's my portable Sin and Punishment?

Is there any one else here hoping to see a Sin and Punishment title for the 3DS? Because I certainly am.

Sin and Punishment was one of the best games I can think of that made me sit there and thing "..I'd rather use the alternative inputs than the classic controller". It is one of my most enjoyable arcade-like experiences from Nintendo thanks to how well the motion was handled. And I think it could work well with touch controls.

The reason for that belief? Kid Icarus Uprising's air segments. The ground controls wasn't really every ones cup of tea and people thought that it probably would have been better to use the CCP for those segments, myself included, until I played some multiplayer. All around, Kid Icarus was a solid game and quite highly acclaimed by gamers, though it didn't really capture the core audience.

So now, imagine the air segment system as an example for how a Sin and Punishment title could be handled for the 3DS. The core mechanic was pretty much perfect and it could really benefit from it. Though I can't imagine how any multiplayer outside of co-op would be possible, which means a good chunk of possible hours playing it is out the window, friendly online c-op challenges would be something I'd like to see.

I know that some one's going to say it, so I'll address it now. I know Sin and Punishment is not a big earner for Nintendo. But it will always be a good example of how Nintendo can provide a brilliant arcade experience and they should try every now and then again, to revive some of those less known IP's so they can try through trial and error, to find something other than relying on the sure winners.

How about you guys, would you be keen to see another game in the series? How do you think it should be handled? Do you think the eShop's success amongst us core gamers provides enough justification for them to at least try it as a digital title?

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it considering the new forum format, how do people feel here regarding the potential of the genre on the Wii U? I can't really picture the game pad really doing much in controlling the gameplay as much as the Wii Mote and touch pad can, but it could add some additional strategy and customisation with on the fly weapon changes and item usage etc. Imagine a more open Kid Icarus on the Wii U, allowing both pad and touch screen play, with some real time weapon changes/additions.

Also edited some mistakes I made.

Edited by Debug Mode

I'll take Sin and Punishment in whatever form it comes. ;)

Aha. But, seriously, (the game) I'll have it in any form. Give it to me on 3DS, give it on WiiU, give it on NES. Just gimme the game. I haven't finished S&P2, but it was utterly brilliant. Moar.

3DS seems like a natural fit for it. I imagine it would look drop dead gorgeous with 3D visuals, but...imagine playing it on WiiU, in HD. Now that the option is there, I imagine S&P would look brilliant there, too.

Yeah I edited my post to include the possibility of it on the Wii U and what the console could offer it.

One major boon that 3DS offers it is the fact that depth perception can make the game much easier yet much harder at the same time. You'll be able to dodge much more efficiently and they can balance that by making the game so much faster.

It's just thinking of online multiplayer, which really is a make or break at this moment in time in the industry, that makes me wonder how it would be handled if they decide to include it.

Yeah I edited my post to include the possibility of it on the Wii U and what the console could offer it.

One major boon that 3DS offers it is the fact that depth perception can make the game much easier yet much harder at the same time. You'll be able to dodge much more efficiently and they can balance that by making the game so much faster.

It's just thinking of online multiplayer, which really is a make or break at this moment in time in the industry, that makes me wonder how it would be handled if they decide to include it.

Sin and Punishment on the WiiU with the option of using a WiiMote and Nunchuk plus the added capabilities of the console. Can only be a good thing, imo. I could perhaps live without the online play, provided that the single player was top notch and had replay value.

I fancy the idea of a Sin and Punishment appearing and being good for either the WiiU or 3DS than another Starfox. S&P was what Starfox should have been like on the Wii. Different viewpoints and characters and scenary, of course, but the ideas are there.

Sign in to follow this