NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Domstercool

Perfect Dark Zero - New Shot Scans!

Woah, its really coming on. My faith is restored :) Lets just hope it plays as well as it looks eh?

I don't really have complete faith in Rare anymore. It LOOKS fantastic - but I'm more concerned about it still feeling like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark did. I don't think it will.

Yeah, I wonder if the handling feels like GE and PD.

From what I've read of a scanned preview, it does seem to be coming along better than I've thought. There seems to be a good amount a strategy in the multiplayer with all these sci-fi weapons. I hope the single-player is like GE and PD in that there's cheats to unlock for completing levels within a time limit. That feature added so much to the game.

so some pictures, it works just like the Metroid Visor, with some scope

where when you turn off it shows enemey that can;t be seen, but when you turn it on, you can see their skeleton

how cool is that?

"we would hardly compare this to Halo"

"if you need a good multiplayer fix until the next halo comes out"

Such ashame this game is just thought of as something to play whilst you wait for the next Halo. :sad:

I think this game looks awesome, I'll definately be buying it.

So say Microsoft anyway. They keep pumping us with "THIS IS A LAUNCH GAME"

They better not be fucking us about with that, there'll be hell to pay if they are.

what do you mean up to rares standards? they have none any more. all the people who made goldeneye and perfect dark are now Free radical and making timesplitters games.

Agree with HellFire. I'm not too sure of the approach that Rare are taking to the Perfect Dark franchise. Doesn't suit the image....

Nevertheless, looking good...

what do you mean up to rares standards? they have none any more. all the people who made goldeneye and perfect dark are now Free radical and making timesplitters games.

I thought only a few people from the Goldeneye team went off to form Free Radical? The Timesplitters games certainly don't seem up to the standards of Goldeneye or Perfect Dark..

You're correct, I believe the only significant member that left the team was Martin Hollis, who yeah, works at FreeRadical now. (Or is it Zoonami?)

What about Dave Doak?

It looks a lot better than it did at E3, fantastic!

Methinks I'll be getting this with my 360 when I get round to getting it. It should be good but I just hope it lives up to at least some of the hype.

It better be good. Microsoft has spent a lot of money on Rare so far, and the only game they released on Xbox was 'grabbed by the goolies' Not bad, but not a Rare classic as we were used to on N64

It better be good. Microsoft has spent a lot of money on Rare so far, and the only game they released on Xbox was 'grabbed by the goolies' Not bad, but not a Rare classic as we were used to on N64

Actually, they recently released Conker for Xbox, albeit as an N64 port with an online mode added.

I still stand by sayng that PD0 will be spectaclar. Although most of the DEV team at Rare have changed since there "glory" days there should still be a fair amount off talent there that can create a spectaclar game.

Looks far better than it did at E3. The explosions look really amazing. I also like the way the co-op is working out. I still don't think it quite looks what I would call next gen. I mean all of this has been done before on PC.

Sign in to follow this