NEurope
Retro_Link

The Witness

Should make a tread for this...

Timed PS4 exclusive...

The deal with Sony is only concerning consoles, and is only a timed exclusive. This means that The Witness is still free to come out at any point for PC and iOS, and after an undisclosed amount of time could come to the Wii U or Microsoft's next console.
"I don’t have good communication with anyone at Microsoft right now, but all our technical people like the PS4 specs a lot more than the leaked Durango specs, and we like the positioning of the PS4 (it’s about games) more than what we perceive Microsoft’s positioning is going to be." Thus the PS4 port of The Witness came to be.

Visuals look beautiful, carrying on where the likes of Journey and The Unfinished Swan left off on PSN, with a little bit of Wind Waker HD thrown in for good measure.

Just the gameplay that needs to impress, as I think we were all left a little unsure watching it's reveal as to whether it was just a series of puzzles or...?

Just the gameplay that needs to impress, as I think we were all left a little unsure watching it's reveal as to whether it was just a series of puzzles or...?

After Braid I have faith in...whatever his name is.

Also...the song? It's awesome.

10276677673_241f3cd572_b.jpg

10276581615_ccdf918590_b.jpg

8793089404_225654924e_b.jpg

8793088502_690153ae55_b.jpg

10276479264_b9a5aa649b_b.jpg

10276480054_fb07df30ed_b.jpg

8793088994_12c644d9a7_b.jpg

10276576205_9e77524b0a_b.jpg

10276672183_a8215aca29_b.jpg

10276577995_40bd2d9b14_b.jpg

10276474984_e30c7329b0_b.jpg

10276676763_4d19d3c4a2_b.jpg

A lush looking game.

Edited by Daft

Love how the game teaches you stuff.

A bit concerned about the puzzles, though. I really hope there are a lot of different mechanics to keep the general idea - i.e. 'line through labyrinth' - interesting. Looks quite easy, too, as soon as you know how the mechanics work.

Have you seen No Man's Sky dude?

Oh yeah, that has a similar vibe, seems like a crazy ambitious project as well. A team of four extrapolating entire ecosystems from a series of algorithms? Seems like something an evolutionary biologist would be into rather than a videogame developer.

I did worry that this had been forgotten about completely.

Now...more info/date on Rime, pleaseee.

Price revealed.

A lot of people have been asking about the price, so: The price of the game on both Steam and PSN will be $39.99 / €36.99 / £29.99.

There’s a lot here. When we started making this game, I figured it would have between 8 and 12 hours of playtime. As it happens, the game we’ve finally built is around 10 times as big as that: if you are a completionist who wants to wring every last drop out of the game, you might expect to play for 80 hours, or possibly 100. For people who don’t want to go quite that far, the game’s still got plenty for you.

Very pleased with the price. Had hoped that it would be £34.99 at a push but was expecting higher so very happy to see it lower than expected.

Really looking forward to picking this up. Been in the mood for playing another puzzle game recently and although I've plenty games on the go (some of which are puzzle ones), this has been on my radar for awhile. Can't wait to dive in and see what it's like.

Will this get a physical release?

I don't like to spend more than 20€ on a digital release...I like to have physical copies to trade in.

Whoa...I think I've gone full retard. I thought that this was a "small PSN" game. As in, you spend a few hours on it and pay a tenner for it. So, this is a big release? I'm confused now.

Will possibly play when it's free with Plus in a years time. :heh:

It looks interesting but I don't feel compelled enough to play it on release or to pay for it on release. ::shrug:

I hope it delivers for anyone who does pay full price for it though. : peace:

Reading around the web it looks like this is the best puzzle game ever made...

FUCK.

Don't like to spend 37€ for a digital copy...but I also don't want to wait for a physical release now that I know the game is awesome...:D

Reading around the web it looks like this is the best puzzle game ever made...

FUCK.

Don't like to spend 37€ for a digital copy...but I also don't want to wait for a physical release now that I know the game is awesome...:D

Yeah, reviews are looking very strong for the game.

I like my boxed goods so I think i'll wait it out. There's plenty of other stuff ( Resident Evil 0, Digimon, This War of Mine, Life is Strange etc. ) to keep me busy in the coming months.

Trophy list for the game is HERE

Trophy list for the game is HERE

Platinum : peace: "Complete a certain challenge". Wow, thanks for the help :laughing:

I like my boxed goods so I think i'll wait it out. There's plenty of other stuff ( Resident Evil 0, Digimon, This War of Mine, Life is Strange etc. ) to keep me busy in the coming months.

Yeah, I might wait, too. I'd like to complete one or two games from my backlog in the next months so the wait won't be that bad.

10/10 from IGN.

Day 1 for me, can't wait. It's nice to see a AAA puzzle game for a change.

Wow great to here!! Can't wait to play it. Will get a physical copy for sure if there is one, especially given the length of the game.

@Ronnie, see is this a AAA game? Not a fan of that term. As far as I know and I could be wrong... Didn't the guy pretty much make this himself and pour alot of his own money into it to get it done?

Yeah I guess AAA is a bit of a nebulous term. Put it another way, it's nice to see a 'big budget' puzzle game.