NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

OK somebody break this game down for me... what kind of game (genre) is it meant to be?

The concept of the story interests me, but I'm suddenly getting a GTA type vibe from it (not fan of GTA type games) or would you compare it more to something like Uncharted?

OK somebody break this game down for me... what kind of game (genre) is it meant to be?

The concept of the story interests me, but I'm suddenly getting a GTA type vibe from it (not fan of GTA type games) or would you compare it more to something like Uncharted?

It's a sandbox game, somewhat like GTA but less "lol let's kill people" and more "what can I use to impede people/hack about people"

I managed to see the trailer earlier.

I liked it, and thought the music was really cool, but I couldn't help but feel it was being pitched as a GTA style game instead of it's own take on the sandbox genre. He says he has control of the city and will use it against them and instead of seeing him do this in a bunch of different ways, we see one clip of the bollards raising as already been demonstrated at the PS4 event and then it's just vehicle chase sequences and shoot outs. The Bike phyiscs looked a bit fudged and in general all the motoring clips looked a bit poor though I'm not sure if it's due to bad vehicle models or what looks to be a lack of lighting tricks - either way, it just doesn't look up to the same standard as the rest of the footage.

I managed to see the trailer earlier.

I liked it, and thought the music was really cool, but I couldn't help but feel it was being pitched as a GTA style game instead of it's own take on the sandbox genre. He says he has control of the city and will use it against them and instead of seeing him do this in a bunch of different ways, we see one clip of the bollards raising as already been demonstrated at the PS4 event and then it's just vehicle chase sequences and shoot outs. The Bike phyiscs looked a bit fudged and in general all the motoring clips looked a bit poor though I'm not sure if it's due to bad vehicle models or what looks to be a lack of lighting tricks - either way, it just doesn't look up to the same standard as the rest of the footage.

Well, in trailers advertising it, they have to go that angle if they want it to sell, as guns and violence sell. It's mandated by publishers.

It's the same reason a gun is the focus on the boxart, and not his phone, which is the core part of gameplay

Yeah but whilst that sells trailers... it also sells games...

If they want us to think it isn't GTA they need to show us that, especially with GTA out this year, you would think they'd be doing all they could to differentiate themselves from it, because in that fight there's only going to be one winner!

That trailer is quite a departure from what we've been led to expect from the game up until now.

Yeah but whilst that sells trailers... it also sells games...

If they want us to think it isn't GTA they need to show us that, especially with GTA out this year, you would think they'd be doing all they could to differentiate themselves from it, because in that fight there's only going to be one winner!

That trailer is quite a departure from what we've been led to expect from the game up until now.

I agree.

I'm getting this over GTA though...this is on the Wii U, and my 360 is being retired for new games after I'm done with the AC3 DLC. GTA V just doesn't seem that compelling for me.

Day one baby.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the multiplayer, may have to go with the PS4/720 version.

Day one baby.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the multiplayer, may have to go with the PS4/720 version.

Wii u or next gen? For me it depends on how big the graphical difference is between the versions.

Wii u or next gen? For me it depends on how big the graphical difference is between the versions.

Wii U is "next gen" ;)

Either PS4 or 720. I want the game to run and look as good as it can without me buying a gaming PC.

For me, it's going to be between my Wii U and 360 - determined both by reception, graphics, and most importantly gameplay. I'd like good gamepad integration, but if it turns out it's a bit crap I might actually go 360. As a result, I might not actually be a D1 buyer! However...I do WANT to support the wii u, and that *might* taint my decision; I'm intrigued to see how sales will be with it being split across so many potential platforms though.

For me, it's going to be between my Wii U and 360 - determined both by reception, graphics, and most importantly gameplay. I'd like good gamepad integration, but if it turns out it's a bit crap I might actually go 360. As a result, I might not actually be a D1 buyer! However...I do WANT to support the wii u, and that *might* taint my decision; I'm intrigued to see how sales will be with it being split across so many potential platforms though.

Ubisoft is one of the developers who actually put effort into Wii U versions of games, so we should be fine :)

I thought that trailer was really good. I've only played Vice City stories & and a bit of San Andreas but it didn't give me a GTA feel at all. Not a fan of GTA in the least either. If anything I think they were trying to catch in as many people as they could with all the chaos but there's certainly more to the game than what the trailer gives off.

I'd like to see some Wii U gameplay footage and GamePad use before I decide to buy so prolly won't be a day one for me (is Wind Waker HD out round that same time too?)

I'd like to see real gameplay so I can feel confortable that the actually isn't as much of a GTA clone like the trailer makes out with all the cars and guns and of course I'd like to see how they are integrating the GamePad as that has a lot of potential for the whole hacking element.

"Watch Dogs includes 60 minutes of PS3-exclusive content"

Here we go again

Here we go again

Hey, if you pay the price, you get the goods. If someone is willing to shell out for exclusive content then so be it.

Here we go again

Suck it PS4 owners! :p

Suck it PS4 owners! :p

Confirmed for PS4 too :p

Hey, if you pay the price, you get the goods. If someone is willing to shell out for exclusive content then so be it.

Perhaps, but I find it disrespectful to the general consumer, who have to get multiple consoles to get the actual full version of various multiplatform games

Confirmed for PS4 too :p

Perhaps, but I find it disrespectful to the general consumer, who have to get multiple consoles to get the actual full version of various multiplatform games

Its not as if they cut the ending and only put it on another console. These DLC deals are just add ons that expand the story a little.

Its not as if they cut the ending and only put it on another console. These DLC deals are just add ons that expand the story a little.

Not necessarily, take Assassin's Creed 3, the PS3 only content was then heavily referenced in the later DLC, leaving a gaping plothole for 360/PC/WiiU players

Yeah I'm not a big fan of console specific exclusive content unless it is for valid reasons (Like Link in Soul Calibur 2).

It's like they are trying to push one version over other versions.

Is it just the PS3/4 that are getting exclusive content or are Wii U and 360/720 getting their own different exclusive content... if so then it wouldn't be so bad at least the other consoles would get something. If they are getting nothing then it seems a bit biased against those consoles.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of console specific exclusive content unless it is for valid reasons (Like Link in Soul Calibur 2).

It's like they are trying to push one version over other versions.

Is it just the PS3/4 that are getting exclusive content or are Wii U and 360/720 getting their own different exclusive content... if so then it wouldn't be so bad at least the other consoles would get something. If they are getting nothing then it seems a bit biased against those consoles.

Nope, PS3 and PS4 versions get this extra content, Wii U, 360 and Durango don't get anything extra, though the Wii U one has GamePad features

The way people are going on its as if this is giant conspiracy with developers favouring a console. The fact is a company pays for these exclusives and if you pony up the dough then you get the content. It's an incentive to buy one version over the other without having the game itself console exclusive.

People want to be grateful that its coming to all the consoles in the first place. A few years ago this may have been console exclusive, but with that practice dying a death, the DLC method is the next step.