NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

There is the potential that the Wii U version can be the definitive version with regard to the tablet which excites me.

Is this game being primarily developed for current gen and boosted for PS4/Next Xbox or is it being developed for next gen but scaled down for current?

There is the potential that the Wii U version can be the definitive version with regard to the tablet which excites me.

Is this game being primarily developed for current gen and boosted for PS4/Next Xbox or is it being developed for next gen but scaled down for current?

Developed for next gen and then downscaled.

My guess is for next gen, it'll run at 1080p, then for us it'll render in 720p and there will be a few fixes to run it smoothly

Just watched the four minute video on the main site and I''ve gone from never having heard about it, to really really wanting it!

Chances are Ubisoft will be developing second screen features as standard for the game, as both 720 and PS4 will have 'smartglass apps' so you can use a tablet/smartphone alongside your console; there's also the Vita option too for PS4.

Should hopefully make for one incredibly immersive game!

Seems early!

I'd have thought they wouldn't want to emphasise the gun on the cover... just makes it seem like a shooter, when surely if you wanted to, a gun could form very little part of your style of play?...

... makes me wonder whether we still know about what this game will be... and whether it might gets more and more of a shooter as you progress.

Seems early!

I'd have thought they wouldn't want to emphasise the gun on the cover... just makes it seem like a shooter, when surely if you wanted to, a gun could form very little part of your style of play?...

... makes me wonder whether we still know about what this game will be... and whether it might gets more and more of a shooter as you progress.

Having a man with a gun on the front helps a game sell to the mainstream market. So even if it isn't primarily a shooter, it makes it look a lot more 'cool' to those who love COD etc.

Having a man with a gun on the front helps a game sell to the mainstream market. So even if it isn't primarily a shooter, it makes it look a lot more 'cool' to those who love COD etc.
No I know, it's just a bit sad that's the case.

"...I firmly believe that creating a game experience starts with what you want to do and achieve as a team. It has nothing to do with tools. The tools are there to facilitate certain things. So the same experience is there on the PS3 and other consoles. Players will have the same enjoyment; they will not feel any letdown." - Watch Dogs creative director Jonathan Morin

Morin also went on to let a few multiplayer details for Watch Dogs slip out.

Kotaku: I seem to remember that you guys talked about asynchronous multiplayer design at E3. Is that what we saw at the end of the demo, where the camera was being hacked?

Morin: Yeah, that's a nice observation. Not everybody picked that up. Watch Dogs is all about hyperconnectivity. To me, that has to mean all the time and anywhere. So yes, other people are out there all the time, when you don't expect it. Whether you're playing single-player or multiplayer, it's happening. You're saying asynchronous but it's much more real-time than that…

Kotaku: Because we saw a real-time demo tonight, right? What we saw was another player jumping into the game and affecting a certain part of the gameplay…

Morin: Yes, exactly. There's more detail to come on that.

Kotaku: And that was a camera being hacked. To help or hurt Aiden?

Morin: Oh, help! Or not! I think both are interesting questions. We'll let players do pretty much what they want on those terms. And I think that what's interesting is that since we're creating a fantasy that you can progressively control all of Chicago and monitor everything… if you can do that… you need to ask yourself if Aiden Pearce can do all of this, can anybody else out there do the same thing? And the answer is absolutely yes.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196687

All interesting bits.

'Watch Dogs' Wii U: Tablet use undecided[ubisoft's Bucharest] #1

Watch Dogs on Wii U will be feature comparable with other versions, Ubisoft Montreal has said.

Senior producer Dominic Guay said all the game's "core" social features - such as allowing users to access other players' worlds through smartphones - will be possible on the Nintendo platform.

Quote:

While Wii U tablet features have been to be decided, Guay said that the game's themes of hacking with mobile devices is a "natural" fit for the controller.

"We're still investigating how we'll use the tablet on the Wii U, but with the things I mentioned before, for us it's not going to be a weird stretch," he said.

"It's natural. What's really cool with Watch Dogs, when we start thinking of those devices, it's not a weird abstraction, it's not like I'm a space alien and now I'm using a tablet. Why am I doing that?

"Aiden Pearce is using a device to control the city, so it's quite easy to imagine what we could do with that."

He added that porting duties are currently being handled by Ubisoft's Bucharest studio, and that the game is "'already running" on the system.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/new...-features.html

Watch Dogs is “already running” on Wii U, thanks to the porting work of Ubisoft Bucharest (Romania). The team previously developed the PC version of Assassin’s Creed III and helped out on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

http://nintendoeverything.com/114166...harest-studio/ Edited by liger05

With regards to the tablet interface, in the latest demo all the hacking and information was displayed above people/objects on the screen. They've managed to put this stuff in a very convenient place to start with.

Although the hack selection did look a bit cumbersome (It looked like one type in all 8 directions on a D-pad), so simply having that on the screen was useful.

Yeah it seems you do all your hacking for this on the fly, continually looking at the environment for your next thing to interact with. Therefore in this case looking down at the GamePad for your next target would actually be more of a hindrance.

I feel if they choose to implement the GamePad in this it will have to be for a different aspect of the gameplay. Hopefully its not just a map showing hacking targets further afield or something.

Interestingly, the Wii U version is long in development, but apparently Ubisoft say that it hasn't begun on the 360 & PS3 ports yet

Edit: Then again, it seems that this may be a misunderstanding

Edited by Serebii

This game looks great but i guess "next gen" versions will look sexy while the current gen (wii u ps3, 360) versions will look stripped away and more bare but still pretty compared to most games. My worry is that current gen versions will be a stutter and tear a LOT. But we can hope...

Finally got round to watching something to do with this(10 minute gameplay demo from E3) - very intrigued! I was thinking whilst watching 'this'd be great for my wii u(when i get it)' - but then watching more I came to the same conclusion as others - the hacking is already in convenient places/interface; putting it on Wii U pad whilst more realistic, might hinder things a bit more. Very intrigued by the game though. Especially the bit where he had the option to rescue an innocent caught in the crash - wonder what consequence that might have later?

I'd imagine Ubisoft will mimic the AC Gamepad functionality. Either way, off screen play is, again, surely a shoe-in and a great bonus to have.

I thought Watchdogs had a companion app for phones, tablets etc - if my memory is correct... if so, the GamePad will mirror that app.

Special Edition

The Special Edition includes an additional single-player mission, such as the Breakthrough Mission Pack:

There is secret meeting going on. The Chicago Club does power negotiations with CEOs of large companies. The club has hired scramblers to block. Monitoring devices Race through the city to find the scramblers and take them out. Grab all the names of those attending the meeting and upload their photographs for the rest of the world.

After completing the mission you get the Vehicle Expert perk: Get free vehicles through your Underground Car Contact and get discounts on exclusive cars.

Collector's Edition

Silver, Gold & Platinum DLC

Aiden Figurine

Original Soundtrack

Artbook

Steelbook

Interactive Map of Chicago

3 Faction Badges

4 "Augmented Reality" Cards

000000000000028505_GM_SCREEN_0005_M.JPG

Qvgf1s8.jpg

watch_dogs_bonus__V369246284_.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=201383

Multiplayer?

My interest in this game has kind of lowered... I'm not sure it'll live up to expectations, work well, or be what people are expecting/fail to deliver.

I like how they hide the Wii U box behind the fully displayed PS3 / 360 ones :-|