NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

Want another reason to love this game?

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I can see why they've done it. During the game there is a scene with a topless woman and another with a guy jerking off. Having those plastered all over Miiverse can't be a good thing.

I can see why they've done it. During the game there is a scene with a topless woman and another with a guy jerking off. Having those plastered all over Miiverse can't be a good thing.

WRONG!!!!

@Wii has uncovered a wide reaching conspiracy about this game and has exposed it! Stop pretending otherwise or bringing any form of logic and calm headedness to this thread!!!!

That's what some have speculated but then the argument has been made that games like Bayonetta/2 has graphic violence and tonnes of sexual poses and near nudity and that's allowed to be littered all over Miiverse.

WRONG!!!!

@Wii has uncovered a wide reaching conspiracy about this game and has exposed it! Stop pretending otherwise or bringing any form of logic and calm headedness to this thread!!!!

Conspiracy? Cop on to yourself. I said it's another reason to like the game. Way to make a giant leap and pathetic attempt at provocation but then I expect nothing better as it's typical of you. When's your 3 Amigo club membership up for renewal?

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

That's what some have speculated but then the argument has been made that games like Bayonetta/2 has graphic violence and tonnes of sexual poses and near nudity and that's allowed to be littered all over Miiverse.

Showing near nudity is one thing, but having a topless woman on miiverse is another. Saying that, didn't that 3DS game with the ninja school girls not allow pics either? I don't think that had nudity in it but it may be seen as a little risqué.

There's no reason to block non-Miiverse screenshots, though.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/11/19/watch-dogs-wii-u-patrolling-the-mean-streets-of-chicago

Footage from the Wii U version. Not sure IGN smuggled this out, expect the journos to all wind up in body bags by the end of the day eh?

Have you been living under a rock? The game's been out the last couple of days in the U.S. There's been footage and more besides.

It's the reviews that I believe are under embargo still until the European version releases also.

Which by the way if you're not aware is tomorrow. So possibly at midnight tonight we might start seeing them filter through.

There's no reason to block non-Miiverse screenshots, though.

True.

Maybe they just thought it was more effort than it was worth?

True.

Maybe they just thought it was more effort than it was worth?

Miiverse screenshots are on by default. They actually had to put effort in to disable it :laughing:

Miiverse screenshots are on by default. They actually had to put effort in to disable it :laughing:

Haha. Then I have no idea. :D

How about the non miiverse stuff? Would it require a little more effort to keep those up and not the actual miiverse ones, or is a separate system altogether?

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Haha. Then I have no idea. :D

How about the non miiverse stuff? Would it require a little more effort to keep those up and not the actual miiverse ones, or is a separate system altogether?

Pretty sure that's all on by default. I think they're linked though, so if you choose to disable the Miiverse screenshots, then that disables all screenshots (don't think you can allow them separately - why would you allow one but not the other anyway?)

I know that by default with the Wii U SDK, screenshots are activated and the Gamepad is set to mirror the TV display (so any game that doesn't support even the most basic form of Off TV play has done so deliberately).

I also know that you can selectively disable screenshots on Wii U games as well. So you can disallow screenshots in certain parts of the game, but allow it in others (The Pikmin short movies does this. It allows screenshots of the title screen and menus, but no screenshots of the actual shorts themselves; for obvious reasons really :p )

Edited by Dcubed

There's ways around things if they really could have been bothered. Take the new 3DS as an example:

The New Nintendo 3DS Doesn't Come With An Internet Filter In Australia

The web browser lets you look at far more depraved things than a pair of polygonal boobs on Miiverse. That would be a way to grant access to Miiverse for mature titles. Do it the same way as when you set up a Paypal account.

Seems like a very solid version of the game.

It'll be interresting to see what reviewers say. Regardless of which, I'm either buying the Wii U version, or no version at all.

Videos are looking ok. If I had the time would have got it.

I think a lot of Wii U owners would have picked it up if it had launched alongside the other versions. I know I would have. Instead, like many others, I picked up a copy on another console.

I think a lot of Wii U owners would have picked it up if it had launched alongside the other versions. I know I would have. Instead, like many others, I picked up a copy on another console.

For people like me who just main one console at a time - this is a nice little surprise.

For people like me who just main one console at a time - this is a nice little surprise.

Personally, I found the game to be one of the blandest games I've played in a long time. It's definetly a surprise it finally hit the Wii U. Whether it's a nice one or not.....

I've only cleared act 1 on this but I've had more fun on it than I had in the entirety of the campaign on The Last of Us.

It's also much better than Sonic Lost World, which I'm fairly sure isn't a computer game DVD but just a thin round slice of turd that you insert into your machine. Awful game, god awful!

See, you confused the crap out of me because I thought it wasn't out, then I realised it really wasn't out - so what are you playing it on? PS4? From what I recall the Wii U version is more like 'last gen' than 'next gen' so not sure how well it reflects for here, I'm still waiting for it to hit well enough to get a bit of good comparison info.

See, you confused the crap out of me because I thought it wasn't out, then I realised it really wasn't out - so what are you playing it on? PS4? From what I recall the Wii U version is more like 'last gen' than 'next gen' so not sure how well it reflects for here, I'm still waiting for it to hit well enough to get a bit of good comparison info.

Yeah I got it on the PS4. I'd imagine I'd still find the WiiU version of this more fun than The Last of Us.

Watch Dogs has a mandatory install

It’s not too often that you hear about a Wii U game with a mandatory install, but that’s exactly the case with Watch Dogs. The game eats up about 128MB of space before you start the game and takes roughly 45-50 seconds to complete the process. You’ll see a notice on screen stating that data is being installed as it’s taking place.

http://nintendoeverything.com/watch-dogs-has-a-mandatory-install/

Six months late and still a patch on day 1? :blank:

I just started this game on PS3 because I got it for free. If the Wii U version was cheaper and with dlc included I might have considered getting it. By the way, this is the last (relevant) multiplatform game for the Wii U isn't it? And I just got the console :(