NEurope
gaggle64

Watch Dogs (Nov 21st)

Can't tell whether or not this looks good or not. Either way, I'm not going to be picking up the Wii U version anymore. Unless we suddenly get some info that it's graphically on par with the PS4 version or it has some cool features, I'm just going to wait for when I inevitably pick up a PS4. That's provided the game is actually any good.

If it runs and looks better than the PS3 version you should be thankful.

If it runs and looks better than the PS3 version you should be thankful.

Have we even seen anything from the Wii U version? That worries me. Everything we have seen seems to be from the PS4 version. I wonder if the overall product will be gimped due to it trying to appear on as many platforms as possible. I would have much preferred it if Ubisoft had just gone next-gen only with this one.

I've just had a look at Amazon. Every version of the game is getting a release tomorrow, except for the Wii U which hasn't got a date. Apparently, we'll be getting more details about a release date at E3. What a joke!

I've just had a look at Amazon. Every version of the game is getting a release tomorrow, except for the Wii U which hasn't got a date. Apparently, we'll be getting more details about a release date at E3. What a joke!

Yeah they had to move staff away from this version so they could focus on the other versions, particularly the next gen. It's been delayed quite a lot so clearly they needed some more staff on there. Frustrating, but let's face it..it's probably the right decision.

Yeah they had to move staff away from this version so they could focus on the other versions, particularly the next gen. It's been delayed quite a lot so clearly they needed some more staff on there. Frustrating, but let's face it..it's probably the right decision.

Absolutely pissening.

I remember being initially hyped that this was getting a Wii U release. Seems like such a long time ago now. It probably is the right decision because this is going to sell like arse now. Will be surprised if it shifts more than 3 copies.

Didn't Ubisoft also state they're not showing any Wii U games at E3? Ouch.

They said that once the game goes gold for the other versions they will focus on the Wii U version. Presumably the game won't have improved much from the point at which they left off....

To justify the late release really the game will need some edge over the other versions. Awesome use of the gamepad? reduced price? Pushing the graphical ability of the Wii U further than we have seen thus far? Wii U exclusive content (beyond the gamepad!)?

They'll probably do what they did with AC3/4. Maps/menus on GamePad and off-TV functionality.

Saw a guy today looking at this in Grainger Games with his wife and kids. It was £50 on PS4 and she was saying no way were they paying £50 for it. Dude was told to back away from the game and the little kids were asking if they could buy Killzone as it was cheaper.

Meanwhile I was looking at a lonely, corner shelf of £25-£40 WiiU games thinking Nintendo are completely out of touch with where this industry is. I left confused wondering if that was a good thing or not. Either way, having no WatchDogs on the shelf again puts WiiU in a less than healthy position when top tier games are on older systems that are cheaper. :indeed:

They'll probably do what they did with AC3/4. Maps/menus on GamePad and off-TV functionality.

That seems the most likely possibility. It would be nice if it came to more than that. But we shall see in due course. As has already been mentioned, there's little point them releasing it with token alterations once the game has been released weeks/months previously on other consoles. Graphically PS4 and X1 should be ahead. Really it would have to be watchdogs 1.5 to justify a purchase on the Wii U

At least the frame rate should be decent. AC3/4 on PS3 weren't too good from my experience. I was surprised how much better AC4 was on WiiU was over the XBox and PS3 versions. At least Ubi generally do a good port.

delaying this seems like a stroke of genius now. Wii U sales have gone through the roof due to MK being released, I bet this will launch right in the middle of MK and Smash when there is a bit of a lull but a much bigger audience to sell it to.

delaying this seems like a stroke of genius now. Wii U sales have gone through the roof due to MK being released, I bet this will launch right in the middle of MK and Smash when there is a bit of a lull but a much bigger audience to sell it to.

Only problem is you'll be able to pick it up for £15-20 cheaper on the other formats by then.

How many Wii U owners don't have a Sony or Microsoft console?

Only problem is you'll be able to pick it up for £15-20 cheaper on the other formats by then.

ME :( so that's at least 1 copy they will sell.

If they actually use the gamepad to its potential and it's a decent poor I'll still get the wiiu version... Hopefully ubi will be smart with the pricing though!

I honestly wouldn't expect anything unique to the Gamepad at all. Just the existing second screen uses maybe... but even then, given that it's Player 1 who has the Gamepad in their hands, and it's Player 2 who would traditionally use the second screen app, I don't know how that would work.

I don't have a Sony or Microsoft console, never have and probably never will.

WATCH DOGS SOLD MORE THAN 4 MILLION COPIES IN ITS FIRST WEEK, COMING TO WII U THIS FALL

Today, Ubisoft announced ongoing record sales for Watch Dogs, which has sold-through more than 4 million copies in its first week, positioning it as the best-selling new IP at launch across the video game industry. Having already broken sales records in the first 24 hours following its release, Watch Dogs is now the company’s best-selling game ever in week one.

“The results we achieved in the first week of launch are amazing and prove Ubisoft’s commitment to developing new blockbuster IP and thoroughly new-gen experiences,” said Darren Bowen, UK Sales Director.

The launch of Watch Dogs on consoles and PC was accompanied by the release of a free companion app, ctOS Mobile. The app allows gamers toconnect with the Watch Dogs universe from anywhere, at any time, and is designed to enable revolutionary dual-screen gameplay, or even to be enjoyed as a standalone experience without the main game. ctOS Mobile has already been downloaded and played more than one million people. Watch Dogs will also be released on the Wii U system from Nintendo in Fall 2014.

Watch Dogs is set in Chicago and lets players become Aiden Pearce, a brilliant hacker seeking justice following a violent family tragedy. Pearce hacks into Chicago’s Central Operating System (ctOS), which controls the city’s infrastructure (security cameras, traffic lights, public transportation and more) as well as key data on the city’s residents. The game uses the all-new Disrupt game engine to deliver stunning visuals and an incredibly immersive world.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/03/watch-dogs-sold-more-than-4-million-copies-in-its-first-week-coming-to-wii-u-this-fall/

Delaying the release of a game on a system until people stop caring about said game/it is no longer new is never a good idea.

It really doesn't seem like the kind of game that would do well on a Nintendo console either.

What is your source to say 'Wii U sales have gone though the roof'.

Also Wii U launch sales were not that bad and guess what 3rd party games still bombed and that was at launch period where new console owners buy games. A bigger audience will not mean a game will sell and ubisoft's other wii u titles show a game like this is likely to also bomb.

There is no stroke of genius delaying a title and then selling it for full price months later after its been played on every other platform out there.

Edited by liger05

Too true. I've both a 360 and a PS3, though I've no Live on the former I am highly tempted to pick it up for the latter - but I'm still keen to support the Wii U version. I'm somewhat worried that by time it gets to us on Wii U I'll have just stopped caring at all, or already given in to a cheap PS3 bargain.

Also Wii U launch sales were not that bad and guess what 3rd party games still bombed and that was at launch period where new console owners buy games. A bigger audience will not mean a game will sell and ubisoft's other wii u titles show a game like this is likely to also bomb.

There is no stroke of genius delaying a title and then selling it for full price months later after its been played on every other platform out there.

it's better to sell to an audience of 7 million than 6 million.

The game my well have been delayed to factor in gamepad functions, but I'm sure there was an element of UBI plating the numbers game. If you owned a PS4 and Wii U and they came out at the same time then I'm sure the very large majority would buy the PS4 version anyway, so I don't think the delay will cause any significant drop in sales, unfortunately it appears that most Wii U owners just don't buy adult themed games.

Sales of the console went up over 600% with Mario Kart. We'll see where it goes from there.